What are other message boards saying?

Not seeing too much talk on SECRant from their fan board either. Last two posts were this though
View attachment 402743

rebel of fortune shows his stupidity; says he is “more confident beating Tennessee than Arkansas“ and that “TN is worst than Arkansas.”
Then says if Ole Ms defense plays like it did against Ark they will lose.
Is that a contradiction? Oh well it is Ole Miss fan.

The basics on the 247 site is that our defense isn't as good as Arky's. Our defense only looks good because of two inferior sec opponents we have played. But our defense is better than theirs. They need there defense to step up and play better, make some big plays.

Matt C hasn't thrown an interception this year and he is a Heisman candidate. So he should be able to pick apart our secondary pretty easily.

50% chance that T Evans doesn't play for us Saturday.

A few jabs here and there about McDonald's bags, transfer portal, Pitt making us look pedestrian, blah, blah, blah.
A lot of that you really can't argue with.

I predict MC get's picked off twice. He's due, and our guys love to do it.

So Yancey’s a free agent?

He's free. I don't know if he's still an agent. You don't normally get a second chance in journalism once you fabricate a piece. No one sees Dan Rather anymore. I'm sure he'll find something but I'm not sure it'll be in journalism. He violated the greatest no no in journalism.

A hand in his face, deflection brought in by a line backer would qualify as a pick. We've knocked down some balls this season.
Bout to find out how mentally tough he is. Some can stand the noise and pressure that Neyland will bring. I hope he isn't one of them. Rattle him and make him make mistakes.

I'm probably one of the few fans that follow Ole Miss and UT (grew up in East TN as a Vol fan, attended Ole Miss).
It's going to be a tough road game for the Rebels. Neyland is going to be the loudest & toughest environment this team has ever faced. Tennessee's defense is capable of making some stops, but there will still be a good amount of points scored for Ole Miss.
Ole Miss' defense is horrendous--cannot stop the run whatsoever. Ole Miss' offensive and defensive lines are bad. UT will also put up lots of points at will. Ole Miss has a better offense but worse defense than the Vols.

The game is a tossup to me. I wouldn't be surprised if either team won this Saturday.

I'm probably one of the few fans that follow Ole Miss and UT (grew up in East TN as a Vol fan, attended Ole Miss).
It's going to be a tough road game for the Rebels. Neyland is going to be the loudest & toughest environment this team has ever faced. Tennessee's defense is capable of making some stops, but there will still be a good amount of points scored for Ole Miss.
Ole Miss' defense is horrendous--cannot stop the run whatsoever. Ole Miss' offensive and defensive lines are bad. UT will also put up lots of points at will. Ole Miss has a better offense but worse defense than the Vols.

The game is a tossup to me. I wouldn't be surprised if either team won this Saturday.
I have zero expectations, but of course I hope we win.

But I mostly hope that nobody gets seriously hurt. I feel like it's gonna take a lot out of both sides.

I think OM could get on a roll early, establish a lead, and have UT chasing all day.

I think it could be tit for tat and go down to who has the ball last.

But I also think that UT's advantage on D could give UT some stops and extra possessions. If UT runs the ball as well as they should vs this D... then UT's scoring should be similar to the first halves of USCe and MU for as long as UT needs to score.

As far as their O being better, Corral is great. Excellent QB. But their RB's aren't as good as UT's. They have two good receivers after losing Mingo but UT has at least 5 or 6 guys better than their #3 guy. UT's top three are comparable or better than OM's top 2.

Two keys to watch. UT leads FBS in TFL's. If they get some vs OM it will cause them trouble. OM is also 128 out of 130 FBS teams in penalties. UT is the best in the SEC and 11th in the nation in drawing opponent penalties.

He's free. I don't know if he's still an agent. You don't normally get a second chance in journalism once you fabricate a piece. No one sees Dan Rather anymore. I'm sure he'll find something but I'm not sure it'll be in journalism. He violated the greatest no no in journalism.
Journalism......Have not heard that in a while. I thought that was replaced with biased opinionated version of the propaganda machine.

They write this stuff as if they think every opponent not named Bama is going to give them 200 yds on busted coverages and not be better than Arkansas was against their run game.

Arkansas absolutely monkey stomped them running the ball. They had 350 yds against that "mediocre" defense. UT's only bad game vs the run was UF- 287 yds.... and Arkansas ain't UF in terms of OL talent or RB's. I think most would take Mullen over Pittman as an offensive coach too.

I seen a post yesterday day from an ole miss fan saying he thinks vols win 45- 28. It took me about 10 minutes to finally find some sorta message board where they are talking about us. I figured in theis day and age all teams would have a forum comparable to ours with how easy it is to make one

I seen a post yesterday day from an ole miss fan saying he thinks vols win 45- 28. It took me about 10 minutes to finally find some sorta message board where they are talking about us. I figured in theis day and age all teams would have a forum comparable to ours with how easy it is to make one
Yeah @Freak . Why don't you call them and give them some tips?

The basics on the 247 site is that our defense isn't as good as Arky's. Our defense only looks good because of two inferior sec opponents we have played. But our defense is better than theirs. They need there defense to step up and play better, make some big plays.
What "basics" are you talking about? UT was VERY good for a half vs UF. I don't think OM or Arkansas wants to play UF's run game.

For that matter... MU scored 28 pts on offense against the current #11 team in the country... who is ranked there because of its D. They had 17 on UT and only 10 of those were when the game was even remotely competitive.

Matt C hasn't thrown an interception this year and he is a Heisman candidate. So he should be able to pick apart our secondary pretty easily.
Problem isn't whether he can throw it. He can. The problem is who he will throw it to. Mingo unless a miracle has occurred will not play. Drummond and Sanders have 752 yds and 38 catches between them. The only other 4 WR's to record at least one catch total 15 receptions for 144 yds and no TD's.

Plumlee a converted QB may very well be their next best WR.

50% chance that T Evans doesn't play for us Saturday.
According to Heupel... he appears to be playing unless he's reinjured in practice.

A few jabs here and there about McDonald's bags, transfer portal, Pitt making us look pedestrian, blah, blah, blah.
I would truly love to replay Pitt right now with the way this team is playing on both sides of the ball. It could very well be worse than MU.

VN Store

Back