R.8eec4f593dc5b087c493e8210598ea50

R.35b2b767cac4c8bfe9f829bd5c610658

cover-cannibal-corpse-torture-1024x1024.jpg

fb7f76c08c9f519ec5ac00b01b1e9e03--music-library-album-covers.jpg

Misfits-Earth-AD-album-cover-820.jpg

36838.jpg

Just a few off of the top of my head.

Reactions: MAD
What music changes the world? Or do you mean the world of music?

Weezer did have some influence in the music world but it wasn't anything significant. Some music does change the world. An example is Velvet Underground being the cultural basis for revolution in Czech Republic. I think music changes the world in more subtle ways, too.

From Velvet Underground to Velvet Revolution

QOTSA “Songs For The Deaf”
Dwight Yoakum “Hillbilly Deluxe”
SRV “Soul to Soul”
Steely Dan “Aja”

Houses of the Holy

Terrapin Station

So many more, Paul's Boutique, Appetite, on and on.

I knew that Pink Floyd The Wall and Led Zeppelin IV (or untitled) would be mentioned a lot, and those are two classic albums - but come on, there are some bad tracks on both.

I can not listen to Black Dog by LZ. It is downright excruciating.

The Wall is awesome. I have grown an appreciation for Thin Ice and Mother over time ... but Vera and Another Brick in the Wall Part 3 are terrible. I think some of you allow how good the best songs are to completely ignore how bad some of the lesser known tracks are.

I knew that Pink Floyd The Wall and Led Zeppelin IV (or untitled) would be mentioned a lot, and those are two classic albums - but come on, there are some bad tracks on both.

I can not listen to Black Dog by LZ. It is downright excruciating.

The Wall is awesome. I have grown an appreciation for Thin Ice and Mother over time ... but Vera and Another Brick in the Wall Part 3 are terrible. I think some of you allow how good the best songs are to completely ignore how bad some of the lesser known tracks are.

Obviously such things are wildly subjective but Black Dog is one of LZ's biggest singles and reached #15. It might not be one of your personal faves but it's too well thought of generally to dismiss as "bad" IMO.

The Wall is tougher since some "songs" really don't stand alone in the context of the album. I've always taken Vera (a reference to a real person and song of her own) together with Bring the Boys Back Home as more of the WWII thread bridging Nobody Home and Comfortably Numb. Likewise I've always seen ABITW3 and Goodbye Cruel World together as snippet "state of mind" tracts connecting Don't Leave Me Now and Hey You.

I need to play The Trial for someone that doesn't know The Wall or have any context involved just see their reaction.

Metallica - And Justice For All.

Tool - Lateralus and Fear Inoculum - although I'm only counting the actual songs, they have some filler tracks that are basically just....things. I picked out those albums but for me personally I don't think there is a Tool song I consider "bad".

311 - 311 or also known as The Blue Album. This is 100% personal. I can listen to whole album front to back and not skip a song, but I would be shocked if anyone other than a diehard 311 fan to agree.

Reactions: Devo182 and MAD

VN Store

Back