What actually happens on official visits at Tennessee?

David Ubben

The dead period is over, and players can start making visits to campus. But what actually happens from the time players arrive until the time they leave?

We used open records and interviews to reconstruct a crucial recruiting weekend down to the hour. Future Tennessee commits Omari Thomas and Key Lawrence were there. So was Jay Hardy, Jimmy Calloway, Tee Hodge and Jabari Small. There's more food than anyone could ask for, a yacht, a photoshoot, a loose 1 a.m. curfew and Sunday morning breakfast at Jeremy Pruitt's house.

"You want to have fun, but at the same time, it's a business trip."

Inside a crucial 36 hours for the future of Tennessee's program.

Aww man I was excited about this but just click bait for subscriptions.

Hey Smokey! Sorry you were disappointed, but we make a point at The Athletic to produce high-quality, in-depth work that our subscribers feel is worth paying for. Our business model is a bit different than most media outlets, and that allows our work to be different, too. Here's why we charge for access, and more about us.

If you're interested in giving us a shot, we do also offer free trials.

Hey Smokey! Sorry you were disappointed, but we make a point at The Athletic to produce high-quality, in-depth work that our subscribers feel is worth paying for. Our business model is a bit different than most media outlets, and that allows our work to be different, too. Here's why we charge for access, and more about us.

So this is nothing more than an advertisement. For me this puts you in the same category as "Coach".

Using one man’s free site maintained on a shoestring budget and because he loves the Vols to pander your pay wall is not cool bro....

You could have just waited and one of our brethren unaffiliated with you would have found it and posted most likely.

I know you need to make a living, but still not cool.

Thank you Freak.

Using one man’s free site maintained on a shoestring budget and because he loves the Vols to pander your pay wall is not cool bro....

You could have just waited and one of our brethren unaffiliated with you would have found it and posted most likely.

Thank you Freak.
I mean it’s not like it’s doing any damage to this site. It’s not competition, one is a message board and one is a sports journalism thing. Don’t even slightly understand why it would be unethical, if you don’t want to pay, don’t

Thank you Freak.

If you think Freak is struggling with money for the site, why don’t you go to his Amazon link and utilize it when purchasing items so that the site gets a little revenue at no expense to you?

I get what " theathletic " is doing. Personally, I just can not pay for it. They appear to have some really good info that I would probably enjoy reading.

The dead period is over, and players can start making visits to campus. But what actually happens from the time players arrive until the time they leave?

We used open records and interviews to reconstruct a crucial recruiting weekend down to the hour. Future Tennessee commits Omari Thomas and Key Lawrence were there. So was Jay Hardy, Jimmy Calloway, Tee Hodge and Jabari Small. There's more food than anyone could ask for, a yacht, a photoshoot, a loose 1 a.m. curfew and Sunday morning breakfast at Jeremy Pruitt's house.

"You want to have fun, but at the same time, it's a business trip."

Inside a crucial 36 hours for the future of Tennessee's program.

Click bait advertisement.

Yup. I subscribed last year. You, Dave O'Brien and Schultz are worth the price of subscription for me. And.......

"The Athletic Doesn't Hate Us."

Reactions: hungrydaddy
I mean it’s not like it’s doing any damage to this site. It’s not competition, one is a message board and one is a sports journalism thing. Don’t even slightly understand why it would be unethical, if you don’t want to pay, don’t

I never said anything was unethical so I don't know where that's coming from. And no it's not doing anything to the site. But I find it to be boorish behavior. Hence the opinion.

A huge sinkhole just opened up on campus near the Science and engineering building:

d7b04437-f445-4218-ac0d-8d7a590a4916-sinkhole_13.JPG

For some reason that reminds me of this thread. :p

VN Store

Back