What about Rick Insell taking over

As a former Golden Eagle, I'd support this. I was a freshman when he was hired, and he was the closest thing you'd see to Hoosiers movie...he ran a tough ship and was intense as hell...an paid off with 10 state championships. Not a bad idea. He and Summitt had similar core beliefs...

Heck of a coach, but unfortunately Father Time would be working against us.

Nick Saban is the oldest head football coach among the Power-5 conferences. But, even he is a bit younger than Coach Insell.

Never really understood the obsession folks had for Tyler Summitt, even before his incident. Coaching isn't hereditary. It doesn't pass from person to person like a genetic marker. Coaching ability comes from their knowledge, their experiences, their hardships, and their triumphs -- all that business. Maybe he would have been good one day, or maybe not, but I was never interested in seeing him take over. I wanted UT to treat the position like UNC, Duke, and Kentucky treat the position for their men's programs. Hire the best available. If they win, good. If they can't, then keep hiring. But don't settle -- never settle. Those programs don't. UT shouldn't, either.

Of course this may be all premature. There is a small chance they win 3 in a row and they sneak in the NCAA tourney. If that happens she will probably stay. If they do not make the tourney and she stays, that would not be good. There is time to turn this around, but the change needs to be made after the final game.

Of course this may be all premature. There is a small chance they win 3 in a row and they sneak in the NCAA tourney. If that happens she will probably stay. If they do not make the tourney and she stays, that would not be good. There is time to turn this around, but the change needs to be made after the final game.

I would rather for the future health of the program have them lose out and fire Holly Warlick

VN Store

Back