What’s up with the play calling this year?

We all thought there wouldn’t be much difference in the play calls this year because it’s heups system. Is Hazel calling the plays? Or is heup? Is the conservative play calling because of an inexperienced oc being hesitant to pull the trigger because he’s afraid of messing up or is it because they’re afraid Joe Milton can’t get it done throwing a forward pass. This offense is night and day from last year and not just because hendon isn’t here. The playcalling is abysmal.

We all thought there wouldn’t be much difference in the play calls this year because it’s heups system. Is Hazel calling the plays? Or is heup? Is the conservative play calling because of an inexperienced oc being hesitant to pull the trigger because he’s afraid of messing up or is it because they’re afraid Joe Milton can’t get it done throwing a forward pass. This offense is night and day from last year and not just because hendon isn’t here. The playcalling is abysmal.
Dictated by the quarterback

Reactions: SaipanVol
Guess where limited with the QB play

Milton can throw 1 pass decently - the long ball. Get him moving - he’s not good at throwing on the run.

Reactions: mpfvol
I agree with all the above posters. Joe Milton has to go, if this offense isn’t throwing the ball down field to open the run, all it’s going to be is what we seen tonight and last week. A sputtering offense that can’t get it done in the sec, it’s not going to get better you guys Florida Isn’t that good and we looked awful. Time for a change at the qb position yesterday.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
No confidence in the QB.

And if that is the case, you’re playing the wrong QB.

This isn’t a new movie. Done it before.

That’s the problem and this man-crush on Milton has to end. Otherwise we will torch a couple teams, get blown out by a few, and the rest will be tossups that shouldn’t be.

No excuse in year 3. I could see this junk in year 1 or 2, but Hooker covered up a lot of inadequacies for this staff.

It’s because Joe can’t throw anything else
The last offensive drive Joe looked great and the offense looked like last year until UF started “cramping” and grabbing jerseys getting us out of rhythm. Joe doesn’t process things very quickly and I’m not his biggest fan but his deep ball is exponentially better than when he got here. The two throws to Thornton and the one to Bru were unbelievably good. I didn’t see the “Joe can’t throw it” mantra tonight.

So I guess we won’t be reading posts from folks worried about other schools coming after our coach

That’s the problem and this man-crush on Milton has to end. Otherwise we will torch a couple teams, get blown out by a few, and the rest will be tossups that shouldn’t be.

No excuse in year 3. I could see this junk in year 1 or 2, but Hooker covered up a lot of inadequacies for this staff.
Nico isn't ready. If you play him now he will get beat up with the terrible OL we have.

Reactions: Raebo and nomads-11
Off hand, they thought with the running game and bubble screens they came move methodically down the field. And couldn't be stopped unless they missed the pass. Newsflash, that ain't gonna work....you're actually gonna have to play ball, because your OL and the refs won't let you do it. So, yeah, they've got to go back to the drawing board.

Nico isn't ready. If you play him now he will get beat up with the terrible OL we have.
I don’t know what the answer is, but Joe isn’t it. If Nico is your #2 and is one play away from being in the drivers seat, then I don’t see how we can make an argument that we should avoid playing anyone for any reason.

How many times did Joe get sacked tonight? Where is this narrative that he’ll break coming from and that our QB’s are being lit up every other play?

Heupel is playing a QB than is incapable of running his offense. Milton is Gaurantano at best and is a team killing cancer of a QB. The fact that Heupel can’t see it makes him no better than Dooley, Butch, or Pruitt. The fact that we had to be embarrassed at UF for him to see it is an indictment. Milton should have benched at halftime of AP. Saban would have cut Milton last year. Heupel keeps rolling him out.

VN Store

Back