We've won one in a row.

I refuse to say we’ve turned the corner but I will damn sure say it to myself every morning when I brush my teeth while in deep thought

Reactions: Backwards K
How much do the folks that said our
roster isnt capable of competing in the sec, know about football? Could have been the same people that wanted Pruitt fired but its seems like they werent.

This roster wasn't "ready" to compete in the SEC when the season started and the results support that. All of the freshmen have been "coached up" and many of the weak spots (LB, DL, OL, & QB) have become strong enough to win as they young players have grown into their positions. As the year began, I guessed this would be a 5-7, 6-6 season for this very reason. It also hasn't hurt to get Bituli healthy and to figure out how to manage Trey Smith's health problems.

Getting this many young guys into position to not only contribute but excel has been a great accomplishment for this coaching staff.

Remember when Jones won 9 and folks constantly said he should have won 10-11? Wonder if that same logic will apply to pruitt.
IF Pruitt ever gets to 9 games in one season I'll compare and contrast him to boy butch. Year three needs to be a Great year in order for me to do so.

Reactions: volfannbama
How much do the folks that said our
roster isnt capable of competing in the sec, know about football? Could have been the same people that wanted Pruitt fired but its seems like they werent.
Now that we are 4th in the SEC East, I guess they wish they hadn't said that! It could have been the same people that wanted boy butch fired-and those that refused to support and defend dooley, makes you wonder, that's for sure.

Reactions: volfannbama
This roster wasn't "ready" to compete in the SEC when the season started and the results support that. All of the freshmen have been "coached up" and many of the weak spots (LB, DL, OL, & QB) have become strong enough to win as they young players have grown into their positions. As the year began, I guessed this would be a 5-7, 6-6 season for this very reason. It also hasn't hurt to get Bituli healthy and to figure out how to manage Trey Smith's health problems.

Getting this many young guys into position to not only contribute but excel has been a great accomplishment for this coaching staff.
They werent asked to compete in the sec at the beginning of the season. Glad to see it turning our way now though.

They werent asked to compete in the sec at the beginning of the season. Glad to see it turning our way now though.
You are right, if the beginning means game one, if it means the first 4 games, I'd say Florida is a winner.

If we make a bowl Pruitt deserves a raise and I’ve been one of his harshest critics
Huge raise, and a big extension, I'd say add another 5 years to his contract, with no other changes, other than the years and the amount he gets paid. At least a 50% yearly increase.

VN Store

Back