We've won one in a row.

I believe, for the most part, that many on here actually know that the season is not over...thanks for the heads up though...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT UAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed this win as much as anyone, but the excitement about how we are now going to beat everyone is amazing to me. Two weeks ago, everyone wanted Pruitt fired. I'm a guy that just wants to see improvement. If we go out next weekend and blow it are you folks going to be saying fire him again? I haven't seen consistency from the team. I see a team getting better, but we aren't a complete team yet. Let's just enjoy the games like we did back in the Majors days. He won some he shouldn't and lost some he should. Pruitt is a young coach and I expect more mistakes. Lets judge the season at the end and strap on our seat belts for the ride. It will be interesting no matter which way it goes.

Yeah much better to just be negative all the time. Any kind of hope or prediction of hope? nah. Because what has happened a few weeks ago, nobody should be excited or even hopeful that we can win out and go bowling. Your opinion is just that. No reason to start a thread expressing how others opinions are dumb.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I enjoyed this win as much as anyone, but the excitement about how we are now going to beat everyone is amazing to me. Two weeks ago, everyone wanted Pruitt fired. I'm a guy that just wants to see improvement. If we go out next weekend and blow it are you folks going to be saying fire him again? I haven't seen consistency from the team. I see a team getting better, but we aren't a complete team yet. Let's just enjoy the games like we did back in the Majors days. He won some he shouldn't and lost some he should. Pruitt is a young coach and I expect more mistakes. Lets judge the season at the end and strap on our seat belts for the ride. It will be interesting no matter which way it goes.
I NEVER WANTED Pruitt fired. I have always said he can get this mess fixed if we give him time. I will stand by that.

Hard not to be excited when you watch a young team improve each week, a young coach improve each week and a remaining schedule full of 4 really average to below average teams. If you can't feel that excitement I'm not sure what needs to be done.
Other than Chattanooga, when this team/coach have played, "really average or below average teams", something has gone wrong. Momentum, on the right track etc. WoooWeee, the fact remains, we had better not start believing these games are nothing more than glorified scrimmages-when we have done so in the past-it bit us in the A**!!!

Other than Chattanooga, when this team/coach have played, "really average or below average teams", something has gone wrong. Momentum, on the right track etc. WoooWeee, the fact remains, we had better not start believing these games are nothing more than glorified scrimmages-when we have done so in the past-it bit us in the A**!!!
I don't think anybody thinks that at all. I think it's obvious that 3 teams we play are struggling and look beatable, UAB looks beatable and we are playing well. I also think it's clear this team is playing better and for those reasons fans are excited about what lies ahead. If all you're going to go on are the 2 first games of the season then boo hoo for you. Don't forget though, we were without Bituli and Thompson on defense and played probably 7 or 8 true freshmen, their 1st 2 games, in those 2 losses.

It won’t be if we blow it this weekend. I wanna believe but at the same time look what happened last year. Thought we had a bowl game in the bag. I think this team has learned from the mistakes but we have to finish strong.
Different OL this year, much better Defensive team as well. Pruitt was right when he said we were a hundred times better than this time last year.

Everybody wanted CJP fired after he beat MsSt?? News to me.

Don't confuse the loudest fans with the smartest ones.

And yes some people want every coach who doesn't win a NC every game to be fired. Just ignore them.

I'm still basking in the glory of Saturday"s victory and will continue to bask until we stumble again.

Yeah much better to just be negative all the time. Any kind of hope or prediction of hope? nah. Because what has happened a few weeks ago, nobody should be excited or even hopeful that we can win out and go bowling. Your opinion is just that. No reason to start a thread expressing how others opinions are dumb.
I'm not negative all the time. You can check my post history in regards to that. I get some excitement building, but the conversations always seem to be we are National Champions or we are worse than the high school team in whatever area. Maybe some of you disagree with what I'm saying, and as you pointed out, it is my opinion on a forum to discuss our thoughts and opinions and yes two weeks ago people were still saying, but we lost to that crappy Georgia school and Mississippi State isn't any good either. I am patient. I would have given Dooley more time because I thought he needed time to learn. I would have given Butch 1 more year just to see what happened. I never wanted to see Kiffin hired. I didn't like his attitude and need for attention. I'm going to get bashed all over the place for the last couple of comments, but I think if you hire inexperience, you have to give that person time to gain experience before you trash them. That is the reason I would have only given Butch one more year. He had 2 decent seasons, some good recruiting classes and then a horrendous disappointing year. I stated that I expect Pruitt to make mistakes. The penalty that he got was not a good decision. If we had lost and the players got down after that, everyone would have blamed him for giving up those 5 yards. I think Pruitt will be a decent coach if we give him sufficient time.

We won 2 out of 3 even though not favored in any of them (beat the spread in all 3 and as a bonus had Saban nervous in the 4th quarter). On the other hand if it makes you feel better you can complain about winning one in a row.

Reactions: Behr

Can we be a little excited? I already ordered party streamers and an icecream cake.

I don't think anybody thinks that at all. I think it's obvious that 3 teams we play are struggling and look beatable, UAB looks beatable and we are playing well. I also think it's clear this team is playing better and for those reasons fans are excited about what lies ahead. If all you're going to go on are the 2 first games of the season then boo hoo for you. Don't forget though, we were without Bituli and Thompson on defense and played probably 7 or 8 true freshmen, their 1st 2 games, in those 2 losses.
What I responded to , was your original post where you stated, "4 really average to below average teams", slightly different than "struggling and look beatable", I will not forget the first two games of the season, and neither should you! GS and BYU Ls were primarily do to the fact that we weren't taking them seriously-everyone thought they were "beatable". If UT has any hope of going to a bowl, they must play EVERY game as if the team they are playing can/will whip our A**s if we don't. It would be a shame if we let over confidence permeate our team at this point in the season.

Last edited:
LOS is where we're making the gains. May get stalemated a time or two down the stretch. That's when your skill guys have to make plays. I'm hoping for 6-6. 7-5 would be a feat.

The only people who wanted Pruitt fired are the ones who know absolutely nothing about football.
I remember seeing this same post (makes me wonder if it wasn't a CUT AND PASTE) regarding boy butch-and he got it from dooley. I guess you could say the guys that hired dooley and boy butch knew/know absolutely nothing about football. No doubt, they knew/know nothing about negotiating a contract, dooley buy out $5,000,000.00 Tennessee dollars, boy butch buy out $8.200,000.00 Tennessee dollars.

The only people who wanted Pruitt fired are the ones who know absolutely nothing about football.
How much do the folks that said our
roster isnt capable of competing in the sec, know about football? Could have been the same people that wanted Pruitt fired but its seems like they werent.

What I responded to , was your original post where you stated, "4 really average to below average teams", slightly different than "struggling and look beatable", I will not forget the first two games of the season, and neither should you! GS and BYU Ls were primarily do to the fact that we weren't taking them seriously-everyone thought they were "beatable". If UT has any hope of going to a bowl, they must play EVERY game as if the team they are playing can/will whip our A**s if we don't. It would be a shame if we let over confidence permeate our team at this point in the season.
Remember when Jones won 9 and folks constantly said he should have won 10-11? Wonder if that same logic will apply to pruitt.

VN Store

Back