@WestTennesseeFox is an expert at BBQ Sauce wrestling

The first time that we met, I knew he was different. He was shy, kind of nerdy, and lacked confidence. He was not my type at all. I had a type and that was either a jock or a guy that I would meet at the gym. The first time I met him, a couple friends of mine knew him and his friends. At first, a couple of his friends would have been more my type than him and my friends tried to set me up with them. He was respectful, shy, and had a sense of humor that was different.

Reactions: VolNExile
The first time that we met, I knew he was different. He was shy, kind of nerdy, and lacked confidence. He was not my type at all. I had a type and that was either a jock or a guy that I would meet at the gym. The first time I met him, a couple friends of mine knew him and his friends. At first, a couple of his friends would have been more my type than him and my friends tried to set me up with them. He was respectful, shy, and had a sense of humor that was different.
Ah, but one day…

It’s always the ones that don’t push, press, and are different that get our attention.

Reactions: VolNExile
Ah, but one day…

The night that I met him, I was still technically in a relationship with someone else. I did get his number but I really had no intention of calling him. I was angling to get a job promotion in Houston and did not want to go on dates knowing that I would probably be moving in a couple of weeks.

It’s always the ones that don’t push, press, and are different that get our attention.

There was a giant corn maze that was opening up and it was a BYOB event that weekend with a costume contest. I was dressed up. He was the only one of the 4 guys that did not stare at my chest first.

Wasn’t Platinum Plus part of the story?

Yes, it was. After the corn maze, all 7 of us drove over to Platinum Plus. For those that may not know, this is a well known strip club in Memphis. I really was not comfortable going in there. He offered to take me back to my apartment Downtown but we decided to go to a country western bar nearby. We did get along well and he did try for a kiss at the end of the date. He got shot down.

There was a giant corn maze that was opening up and it was a BYOB event that weekend with a costume contest. I was dressed up. He was the only one of the 4 guys that did not stare at my chest first.
Lol, lol again. I’m still laughing at the chest thing. Been there done that thingy, of course their eyes have moved down at my age.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
He's still pretty introverted if he doesn't know the person.
How does a relationship work between an introvert and an extrovert? Hubs and I are both raging introverts who happily co-hermit. We’d probably have strokes if we loved extroverts.

^^^ The singular/plural bit is pretty tortured there, but I did my best.

100% an accountant with his spending habits. If you ever want to see his head explode, let him know of a purchase that cost more than he thinks it should cost. Going to the grocery store with him is entertainment now.
We were both pretty frugal when we were working (I generally held two jobs at a time.) It was interesting trying to learn to spend (some) rather than save once we retired. We seem to be getting the hang of it now tho. 😎

Reactions: Orangeredblooded

VN Store

Back