Western Carribean Cruise

GreveHaller

Cruising next month and looking for input on shore excursions for Belize, Honduras, and Grand Cayman. What was good, which to avoid.

First stop is Cozumel but been there twice so I know what to do. Worst case there's always Carlos n Charlies / Senor Frogs.

Cruising next month and looking for input on shore excursions for Belize, Honduras, and Grand Cayman. What was good, which to avoid.

First stop is Cozumel but been there twice so I know what to do. Worst case there's always Carlos n Charlies / Senor Frogs.

Grand Cayman is always nice. Margaritaville is always fun there, they've got an open air bar area on the second floor of the building they're in. Which cruise line are you going on?

Grand Cayman is always nice. Margaritaville is always fun there, they've got an open air bar area on the second floor of the building they're in. Which cruise line are you going on?

ehh, bottom line: Carnival

Not the wife and I's first choice but we've got 10 of us going and 7 have never cruised before. At least we'll be with a bunch of friends so it wont be as bad.

also, we're taking our snorkel gear but I cant make up my mind which place to. As fun as it would be to snorkel in each location I do want to see some of the land since I've never been to any of those three. I've heard the water is awesome on alll three so now I got to figure which one I dont want to snorkel on

Last edited:
ehh, bottom line: Carnival

Not the wife and I's first choice but we've got 10 of us going and 7 have never cruised before. At least we'll be with a bunch of friends so it wont be as bad.

also, we're taking our snorkel gear but I cant make up my mind which place to. As fun as it would be to snorkel in each location I do want to see some of the land since I've never been to any of those three. I've heard the water is awesome on alll three so now I got to figure which one I dont want to snorkel on

It's always fun to go in a big group. I can't speak for Belize never been there on but between Cozumel and Grand Cayman I'd pick Grand Cayman to snorkel. The water is crystal clear.

It's always fun to go in a big group. I can't speak for Belize never been there on but between Cozumel and Grand Cayman I'd pick Grand Cayman to snorkel. The water is crystal clear.

I'm definately going to the market in Cozumel. I went about 5 yrs ago and happened to walk into a booth/store selling silver. Saw a bracklet that looked nice. Haggled a bit and got it for about $35-40 (cant remember). Wore it for the rest of the day and was at dinner that night looking down at it on my wrist when my eyes got wide open. The pattern of the bracelet was interlocked U and T. Neither of us noticed so it was destiny that I had it. About a year or so ago it broke and I cant get it fixed so I'm going back to see if I can find another one.

I have snorkled in Grand Cayman and Cancun (but not Cozumel). Both were good. Grand Cayman has expeditions to feed the sting rays - I thought that was worth it although a little weird to be surrounding by big rays bumping into you for more food.

I have snorkled in Grand Cayman and Cancun (but not Cozumel). Both were good. Grand Cayman has expeditions to feed the sting rays - I thought that was worth it although a little weird to be surrounding by big rays bumping into you for more food.

Sting rays? As in actual sting rays? Sounds dangerous.

I'll be interested to hear how you like each place...I'm planning on doing that same cruise in December.

Grand cayman was too boring for me. Clear water but nothing special. Just drank heavy.

Cool. When are you departing? I live down here and we are taking the same cruise. About 10 of us too. We depart June 11th I think.

Sting rays? As in actual sting rays? Sounds dangerous.

Yeah, I wonder how Irwin's death affected those tours. The rays I saw were used to humans - the boat captain said as long you didn't try and step on them or do something stupid like grab their tail, there was no danger.

10th. Out of Tampa. Is that yours too?

Small world Greve. Yes, my wife and I and about 10 others are all going. We are the only VOLs though. We live just north of Tampa in Spring Hill, FL.
It would be nice to meet you and your wife. I will of course have on my TN gear most of the time. So we should be easy to spot.
If I remember right, one excursion we are going to the 7 mile beach for free Cay-beer on Grand Cayman. I think Roatan we are going on a short ride to the ruins. :thumbsup:

10th. Out of Tampa. Is that yours too?

I found an email list of what we are doing as follows.
Tuesday 12th- Excursion 10:00am Cozumel Bar Hop (not a carnival excursion) $28p/p. Cozumel Tours - Bar Hop around the best bars on Cozumel Island

Wednesday 13th Belize Altun Ha mayan Site & River Wallace.
Boat ride then motor coach to ruins.

Thursday Roatan- We are doing a "wait and see" on this stop.

Friday 15 Grand Cayman-7 mile beach + snorkeling and unlimited Caybrew beer.

Reactions: 1 person
Small world Greve. Yes, my wife and I and about 10 others are all going. We are the only VOLs though. We live just north of Tampa in Spring Hill, FL.
It would be nice to meet you and your wife. I will of course have on my TN gear most of the time. So we should be easy to spot.
If I remember right, one excursion we are going to the 7 mile beach for free Cay-beer on Grand Cayman. I think Roatan we are going on a short ride to the ruins. :thumbsup:

I'll have a orange and white visor. Kinda like you but I will be the only real VOL in our group. Two boys going to MTSU next year along with some MTSU alumns and the wife who married into the life of Vol so I'm on an island alone.

The boys want to do the high speed boat and will probably let them do that alone. I've heard that floating in the caves in Belize is pretty cool too. Heard Cayman is good for snorkeling.

We can touch base in a few weeks. I'm actually flying in to Tampa on Sat to see stay with a college buddy and hanging at his place for the day. I have another friend that opened an Italian-ish place called Semeraro's ItalianCafe in St Pete so gonna try to hit it that night.

In Belize, my son and I did the cave tubing and had a great time. My wife and daughter did the horseback eco tour and had fun, as well. We went to Tabyana Beach in Honduras just for the relaxation. It was beautiful there. At the Cozumel stop, my daughter and I went to Xcaret, a Mexican natural water park and we had a good time there. My wife and son explored Cozumel that day. In Grand Cayman we have done the stingray adventure twice and the island tour that includes a stop at a turtle farm and a town called Hell.

I'll have a orange and white visor. Kinda like you but I will be the only real VOL in our group. Two boys going to MTSU next year along with some MTSU alumns and the wife who married into the life of Vol so I'm on an island alone.

The boys want to do the high speed boat and will probably let them do that alone. I've heard that floating in the caves in Belize is pretty cool too. Heard Cayman is good for snorkeling.

We can touch base in a few weeks. I'm actually flying in to Tampa on Sat to see stay with a college buddy and hanging at his place for the day. I have another friend that opened an Italian-ish place called Semeraro's ItalianCafe in St Pete so gonna try to hit it that night.

Cool. I usually hang in the Endzone around lunch times.

Enjoy! We haven't booked out next one yet, but it'll be on Carnival. One of the "freebie" ones. Haven't decided which itinerary we wanna do.

VN Store

Back