Westbrook's shot transformed thanks to work with Rick Barnes

kamoshika

Westbrook refers to Barnes as her "best friend" and someone who's apt to ask how her day is going rather than anything basketball-related. "This is the kind of heart he has," Westbrook said. "It amazes me that he's willing to help. So we have a great relationship."

Westbrook and Barnes initially got together over her jump shot. She said that he noticed her putting up shots during the offseason and told her, "Your shot doesn't look right." She took his honesty and ran with it. "So we worked all summer on my shot," Westbrook said during the team's media day last month. "It's completely different now, a lot more smooth. We're still working on it to this day."

Lady Vols: How Tennessee men's coach Rick Barnes is helping point guard Evina Westbrook

Westbrook refers to Barnes as her "best friend" and someone who's apt to ask how her day is going rather than anything basketball-related. "This is the kind of heart he has," Westbrook said. "It amazes me that he's willing to help. So we have a great relationship."

Westbrook and Barnes initially got together over her jump shot. She said that he noticed her putting up shots during the offseason and told her, "Your shot doesn't look right." She took his honesty and ran with it. "So we worked all summer on my shot," Westbrook said during the team's media day last month. "It's completely different now, a lot more smooth. We're still working on it to this day."
Lady Vols: How Tennessee men's coach Rick Barnes is helping point guard Evina Westbrook

They can be friends, keep it professionalism.

Her form actually looks better. Even at the free throw line. Seeing her remain with the same routine and same form will end up improving both her shooting and free throw percentage. As long as that shooting form is productive.

Please. The board has been tolerable. Holly ain't going nowhere, find something else to bih about.

Holly is the coach of the Lady Vols, no matter how much you bitch, she ain't going nowhere.

Especially, when most of all the former Lady Vols ride with and support her.

Westbrook needs to be more productive and efficient, hopefully she makes that Soph jump, we need her too.

And the fact that she was seeking help, speaks volume to the kinda young lady, she is.

Can we wait to bash Holly til after a loss or something?

I back Pat and ride with Holly!

Her form actually looks better. Even at the free throw line. Seeing her remain with the same routine and same form will end up improving both her shooting and free throw percentage. As long as that shooting form is productive.

Now E has to have the confidence, she can knock down shots.

The only thing about leadership coming for young players, they are trying to lead so much, they forget to do their job.

E, we believe in ya, perform like one of the best guards in WCBB.

So what does it mean? Clarify... becuz you inferring anything that is not professional is GROSS like I said!

Go ahead I’m waiting...

I am Caribbean mix with African..Paw-paw means not getting too close with each other..keep it respect. Could mean were not paw-pawing, not looking into more friendship... like I hope they're not paw-pawing. it's nothing sexual.

Reactions: Pat4life
I am Caribbean mix with African..Paw-paw means not getting too close with each other..keep it respect. Could mean were not paw-pawing, not looking into more friendship... like I hope they're not paw-pawing. it's nothing sexual.

Trust, we're raised with respect.

Trust, we're raised with respect.
Why would your mind even go that route?

That’s just weird IMO

My first thought was, how inefficient her shot/free throws were during the exhibition, considering she was working on her shot with Barnes during the summer.

I hope it improves as the season goes on. We need her scoring.

Most of you complainers can’t see the trees for the forest. The point here is EW is improving her game for the better good of the team. Coach B is helping for the better good of the program.

You guys complain for the better good of ___ (fill in the blank).

Go Lady Vols. Congrats EW. Thanks Coach B.

E
Be sure and turn something wonderful into something ugly. You can’t even help someone these days without someone turning it sexual. Ridiculous and makes me sick. Just say thanks to coach Barnes and keep your mouth shut otherwise

Exactly.... and then tried to back track and say in his culture it was not a sexual meaning. I call BS - no other way it could’ve been meant especially in the context he used it. Absolutely disgusting!

No need for personal attacks, with the climate in the NCAA and America, with males abusing their authority.

I had no problems with the statement, paw pawing, (sometimes a relationship, courting, or friendship out of the ordinary too). Makes other wonders what is up.

Perfectly fine statement, no attack on Barners character, just a statement.

Do we think Barnes is a person of high character?

Yes, but we can go down the list of coaches or males who we thought had high character, and have abused their authority.

Let's hope that Barnes is a professional and let's focus on the fact, hopefully his help will pay off for Evina.

Westbrook shot the ball better from the outside.

Aye Rick can you help her with layups and chippies, aye the whole team lol

Last edited:
Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
No need for personal attacks, with the climate in the NCAA and America, with males abusing their authority.

I had no problems with the statement, paw pawing, (sometimes a relationship, courting, or friendship out of the ordinary too). Makes other wonders what is up.

Perfectly fine statement, no attack on Barners character, just a statement.

Do we think Barnes is a person of high character?

Yes, but we can go down the list of coaches or males who we thought had high character, and have abused their authority.

Let's hope that Barnes is a professional and let's focus on the fact, hopefully his help will pay off for Evina.

Westbrook shot the ball better from the outside.

Aye Rick can you help her with layups and chippies, aye the whole team lol

“Let’s hope Barnes is a professional.”

“Do we think Barnes is a person of high character?”

WTF?!

Are you being serious?!? Rick Barnes... maybe you should Google him!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyvolfan4ever
That's all we can do is hope.

The point is you all stated your dislike for the posts/statement.

Moving right along, and focus on Rick helping Westbrook and see if we notice a difference in her shot and shooting percentage.

VN Store

Back