Westbrook Gone

One test of this idea is what if the LVs had Uconn';s record of achievement over the last 10 years. If the LVs had been to (what 12? straight final fours but had not won the title over the last three, would we be proclaiming the team was "slacking off." I kinda doubt it.

Stanford is probably the better example of a program that has slipped a bit from its glory days and yes, the LVs when making it beyond the elite 8 suddenly became the teams insurmountable wall.

I would take Uconn's version of slacking....

Absolutely.

I doubt seriously that Evina will transfer to UCONN for 2 reasons, she wants to play PG and she wants to play the position her way.
None of this will be possible at UCONN because of Dangerfield, Williams and Geno. She will be disappointed sadly if she does transfer to UCONN. She will be better off if she changes her mind and stays with the Lady Vols.

UCONN has slacked off. Considering they won what, 4 championships in a row just s few years ago. Some crazy stat like that. They’ve been winless in the last 3 seasons, proving there is more parody in the women’s game, more than ever.

Three trips to the Final Four are "winless" seasons? Your post really is a "parody" and if EW does go to UConn that championship "drought" will come to an end...

Actually, I doubt the current Lady Vols would get much, if ANY, extra motivation to beat Connecticut simply because their former teammate had joined them. My guess is that when whatever team Evina plays for meets Tennessee, that the Lady Vols who were once her teammates will be glad to see her and, yes, probably still be feeling grateful to her for speaking up for the team on her way out. Of course the Lady Vols will want to win — they should want to beat EVERY opponent they face — but they won’t be playing hard just to get revenge on EW for moving on.

As far as anyone thinking, “But it’s UCONN!! That’s the worst thing she could do!” Well, my response to that is that, to older fans, that may be true. But kids these days weren’t a part of that bitter rivalry. They don’t even understand what in the world is wrong with the silly old fogeys who still hold decades-long grudges against one another.

Anyway, I could be completely wrong about all this, but my gut is usually right about these things.
I think your gut is off on this one. Earlier this spring before the tourney, Zaay and Meme we’re taking a road trip somewhere and they were on Instagram live and I asked them where Evina was and they laughed hysterically and were like umm, yeah, and continued to laugh. I don’t think she will be missed that much.

Three trips to the Final Four are "winless" seasons? Your post really is a "parody" and if EW does go to UConn that championship "drought" will come to an end...
I never said they had a “winless” season. I said UCONN was winless coming up with the gold (championship) the last 3 seasons. When UCONN has been consistently winning the championship the last decade +, that, in many eyes, is under achieving for them. They’ve had successful seasons without winning championships, yes, but at the end of the day, the Women’s game is getting better. The gap between the number 1 recruit and some nobody who wasn’t listed on ESPN hoophurlz is growing smaller. Parody is taking place, at least since the last 3 seasons, as no one team has won more than one championship. It’s important we know, believe and understand that the greatness of Tennessee is on the verge of comeback. I expect tremendous things from our Lady Vols team this year, great, big things!

Not sure where EW will end up but if there is an opportunity for her to transfer to UCONN and learn how to play the game at the highest level while doing it with the TEAM before individual concept then she should take it! But something tells me even if the opportunity is there that she is not smart enough to take it!

Evina just removed “Tennessee WB” from her instagram bio and placed a link to an old highlight video of hers from high school on YouTube.

If Evina is wanting to go play for a proven school/coach, get the development she needs, and play in Final Fours, then she is trying to be smart about her decision. I wish her well.

Now, if she (and her mom) are choosing UCONN out of spite because of all the hateful things said about them by TN fans, then I’m not sure she’s making a smart decision. In my experience, making decisions based on spite or emotions never ends well.

Either way, TN fans need to 1. Remember these are kids trying to learn how to make grown up decisions in a grown up and complicated world. I certainly made lots of questionable decisions in my 20s. And 2. Move on and support the players we have and remember they are kids. They need support and understanding as they learn and grow.

Tried telling you all......but as usual I got blasted and asked what I knew.
Please ignore the jerks who criticize others' posts. I've been their victim too. The first time, when I lamented the loss of Crystal Dangerfield. Some fools said we didn't want her because Tea' Cooper was better. See how stupid some people are? Two called me stupid over that, right here on the message board. You probably know Walz was being considered by Fulmer back in January, after a couple top female women's coaches. Fulmer's advisors axed him after the Holly leaving was public. Just post what you know and block the haters. 90% of us aren't like the few know it alls who don't really know much.

Last edited:
I hope this changes but here is the harsh reality of where we are at.

Unless we schedule UCONN or Louisville or any top team in the regular season thats the only way we are gonna be able to play those teams.

To all that are saying UCONN is falling, then you are not following recruiting very close. Geno is Geno for a reason. He gets it. So does Walz. Walz just out maneuvered alot of major D1 schools and picked up three top level recruits, of which at least two will be ready to go next year. He had this done before we even barely figured out they were leaving. Thats just hard work on his part and UCONNs for signing great players. Something we are not yet doing. If we want to win, we have to play the game by todays rules not being stuck in the heyday and the way things were. See where thats got us.

I think it has already been mentioned, but I will reiterate. Evina's mom and Geno are not a good match.

This is what makes me think Evina and her mom are letting emotion and spite influence their decision. I can’t really see this as a good fit. But who knows? 🤷🏻‍♀️ If her mom can stay back and stay quiet, maybe Geno can bring Evina to her full potential. Evina’s attitude will also be crucial. She has to stay open minded and positive. I think she let frustration affect her attitude at TN. Again, these are kids. We should wish her well with a fresh start.

I think it has already been mentioned, but I will reiterate. Evina's mom and Geno are not a good match.

Unlike Holly, Geno has the upper hand - will make that clear upfront. His way or ride the bench/transfer, which wouldn't be a good look for Evina. She will have to accept what Geno offers or look at other options, like ND, etc...

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Parody is taking place, at least since the last 3 seasons, as no one team has won more than one championship.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back