Westbrook Gone

You know what? Most of you just dont get it and I understand. Fans. But here is what I know. I hate to lose and we are losing. We lost to freaking Vanderbilt. And we are gonna end up going cheap and/or hire a mid major coach, or a coach that has 0 experience? And I get taken to task for saying the search so far is a cluster? Some of you and your choices for coaches make anyone that remotely know the landscape of the game today cringe in unbelief that some of the things that has been said on here. I dont even know what to say.

How is the coaching search a cluster? Fulmer tried to keep things quiet and doesn’t listen to outside noise.... I have no doubt he will hire who he feels is the best person for the job..... if he feels KJH is the best then let’s ride!

You know what? Most of you just dont get it and I understand. Fans. But here is what I know. I hate to lose and we are losing. We lost to freaking Vanderbilt. And we are gonna end up going cheap and/or hire a mid major coach, or a coach that has 0 experience? And I get taken to task for saying the search so far is a cluster? Some of you and your choices for coaches make anyone that remotely know the landscape of the game today cringe in unbelief that some of the things that has been said on here. I dont even know what to say.
How do you know Fulmer hasn't started to realize what is going on by now? Can you confirm the rumor that Wes Moore was in town today interviewing for the job?

You are not real smart. As a matter of fact people with your mentality are the root cause of a lot of issues here.
See it when we believe it “people”? You’ve yet to dazzle me with your brain power. I’m not on the BOT and have never had the AD’s ear. I haven’t affected one UTAD decision...kinda like you Bunky!

No. Absolutely not. We cant throw out mid major coaches names and expect to get or keep high major players. These are facts.
It would make sense to wait and see who is actually hired first. Right now, the people responsible for throwing out names are some of the same people who were throwing out unimpressive candidates during the search for an offensive coordinator. Fulmer hasn't said a word about where he is actually leaning.

Roster turnover is what it is with a new coach. I will say that. But the correct hire could keep our roster in tact.

I don’t want this to go from what could potentially be a FF team next year with a good coach to a rebuilding project. Because it doesn’t have to be.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Here is a reality that the old school Lady Vol fans are getting ready to learn. These kids never knew Pat. They have only heard of her. Most of these kids now parents knew her and thats it. They are not coming or staying to play for history, they are coming to play for a coach. The "blue hairs' mentality of limiting to a female or a Pat tree coach is gonna take us down a road that Vandy beats us every year. Cause thats where we are at this point folks. I have had alot of people talk to me about this coaching search. I will say this again. Its a cluster that is being pushed by boosters and it will end a cluster unless a change of course happens very soon.
I do not believe that the search for a women's head basketball coach is being guided by boosters. A booster is not going to have sway over the hiring of a non-revenue sport at an athletic department the size of the University of Tennessee. You come across as self important and preachy.

You are not real smart. As a matter of fact people with your mentality are the root cause of a lot of issues here.

I can vouch for butchna and he's pretty smart. Know who else is smart? That would be me and I say you're full of ****. You have zero clue as to what is going on besides doing a deep dive Google search. I'll bet you anything you want that you would be right at the top of the list of people on this board who are clueless. And before you attempt to me label me as one of the "problem fans" I'd venture to say I've been a Vols fan longer than you've had the misfortune to be kicking around on this Earth. Take your high and mighty attitude and go have a pity party with your so called sources over the oh so disheartening decline of the Lady Vols.

Big loss for Tennessee but I can't say I'm surprised. I hope she stays but will wish her the best of luck if she doesn't. We shouldn't be throwing her under the bus. If she wasn't happy (never got the vibe she loved it at UT), she should leave and go to a place where she can thrive. Tennessee has so much up in the air right now and she doesn't know who her coach will be in the fall...it's honestly smart of her to open up and consider other programs while figuring out how to proceed forward. The chances of her playing in a Final Four or winning a championship are slim if she stays, but if she goes to a different program, she has a better shot to get there. People can call that mindset entitled/selfish/etc. but at the end of the day, it is HER life and she needs to make the best choice for herself.

I do not believe that the search for a women's head basketball coach is being guided by boosters. A booster is not going to have sway over the hiring of a non-revenue sport at an athletic department the size of the University of Tennessee. You come across as self important and preachy.

This isn’t just any program. There is a sense of ownership by a lot of old guard establish figures due to the nature of how women’s athletics started and was controlled by them for decades. They also have a history of being huge pain in the asses. Philip Fulmers goal 1-2-3 is to fix football and he’s not about to let a brawl over the LV coach derail it. They will get what they want to keep them content.

We have the best facility, fan base, and opportunity versus most of the country......Why we cannot attract a great Coaching Staff is a mystery to me. I am far removed from Knoxville now living in Arizona, but my hope is Fulmer has reached out to several for discussions.

Reactions: cutiepie5
This isn’t just any program. There is a sense of ownership by a lot of old guard establish figures due to the nature of how women’s athletic started and was controlled by them for decades. They also have a history of being huge pain in the asses. Philip Fulmers goal 1-2-3 is to fix football and he’s not about to let a brawl over the LV coach derail it. They will get what they want to keep them content.
I stand by what I said... I don't think any booster has influence over the hiring at a non-revenue sport at UT. What recourse do they have if a coach they don't like is hired? Not enough for anyone to care.

Reactions: JVol76
If I’m the new incoming coach, I wouldn’t be 100% sure i’d want Westbrook on my team..jMOP

This was inevitable.. the new coach will have to build his/her own team. This just might make room for another recruit that’s ready to play that coache’s style..

But I wish her the best in what ever she decides!

We, as fans owe her. If not for her comments about the staff, Fulmer likely would have retained Holly
Her interview allowed Fulmer to know that things could not be fixed & she had to go
I am grateful to her. Other players felt it but she came out & made it known

I stand by what I said... I don't think any booster has influence over the hiring at a non-revenue sport at UT. What recourse do they have if a coach they don't like is hired? Not enough for anyone to care.

When I think of the 4-5 people I have specifically in my mind that I am referring to, booster is not the word that describes them in my view. Perhaps influencer is a better term. They have social power. Power of media contacts. The ability to make the life of the next coach miserable etc.

Reactions: cutiepie5

VN Store

Back