Were you born into this or did you just decide to pick Tennessee

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
I am sure somewhere along the way there has been a thread like this one. I'm just curious and figured it would make for some good stories while we wait on Saturday. Were you born into being a Tennessee fan or just decided one day that you liked Tennessee.

My story: My dad grew up in Cleveland, TN. He is obviously a lifelong Tennessee fan. I was born into it and never thought for a second to like any other team.

I am sure somewhere along the way there has been a thread like this one. I'm just curious and figured it would make for some good stories while we wait on Saturday. Were you born into being a Tennessee fan or just decided one day that you liked Tennessee.

My story: My dad grew up in Cleveland, TN. He is obviously a lifelong Tennessee fan. I was born into it and never thought for a second to like any other team.
Grew up in Jellico TN about 45 minutes north of Knoxville on I75, I remember being a young kid probably 10 or younger and hearing talk about how Tennessee is great, walking into our little country diner and a game being on and everybody going crazy over the vols. I started watching Tennessee football myself when I was about 12 in the game the game that got me hooked was when my teacher took me to the cal game, I’ll never forget the way the crowd acted when meachem turned up the field and scored on that touchdown, it still makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. GBO!!

Born into it. Dad grew up in East Tennessee and went to UT on the GI Bill after serving in WWII. I was graduated in '74. My grandfather was a fan as well and used to tell me the Vols would never be as good as when the General was the coach. If your standard is holding all 10 of our regular season opponents scoreless, then I guess he was right! lol GBO!!

I was born and raised in Cleveland. Sandwiched around a stint in the army, I earned two degrees from UTK. I haven't lived in Tennessee since Gerald Ford was president. When asked, I tell folks that I consider Tennessee my mother and Arkansas my wife (my wife is a razorback through and through). My blood still runs orange.

VN Store

Back