We're 4 and 0 and I'm Pis_ _ed!

I guess the OP is talking about me because I am not satisfied with that win. Wanna know why? because coach Hype half way through the 4th quarter took his foot off the gas and nearly cost us that game. Sure we pulled it out but our linebackers and d-backs could not cover my grandmother and she has a walker, We are an offense that goes fast and scores points in bunches, why in the h3ll would Hype take his foot off the gas and make our offense totally lose all of its focus and continuity and be "three yards and a cloud of dust" it is just insane. OK rant over but this will cost us a game against a better team.
Hype did the right thing as it turned out clock was a hell of a lot more important at the end. The only head scratcher at all is one that always has me frowning is when you have two yards to go to make a first down is run routes that get you there.

We’re 2 studs in the secondary away from being a playoff contender. Kinda crazy to think about in year two of CJH.
Should not take forever, but it should be built correctly. And our standard in the East is UGA. They've been lights out in recruiting..Screenshot_2022-09-25-04-47-43-794.jpg

Exactly…….but really everyone knows they shouldn’t have went with the red carpet.
The red carpet is FINE, but only if we re-upholster the backs and seats of the pews to match.
Red is such a difficult color to match. We need to get it right.
And if we do that, you know those hymnal holders also need replacin'.
We oughter do that, too.
Pass the collection plate again.

Reactions: JoAllan
I want to know why offsides on the kicker is only called on Tennessee. Nearly every time I see a kickoff or onside kick, the kicker is offside. Looked like Florida’s kicker was offside to me. It’s not Tennessee so we didn’t see anything. I’m still upset about the call several years after the fact.
How can a kicker be offsides? Or did you just mean someone on a kickoff?

I guess the OP is talking about me because I am not satisfied with that win. Wanna know why? because coach Hype half way through the 4th quarter took his foot off the gas and nearly cost us that game. Sure we pulled it out but our linebackers and d-backs could not cover my grandmother and she has a walker, We are an offense that goes fast and scores points in bunches, why in the h3ll would Hype take his foot off the gas and make our offense totally lose all of its focus and continuity and be "three yards and a cloud of dust" it is just insane. OK rant over but this will cost us a game against a better team.
I get it, but I really think Hook had the option to pull any of those balls and run it himself. Not knocking his game at all as he is a beast but we can all improve and we all make mistakes. I saw CJH telling him to take it and run w it. If he pulls any of those, it’s wide open for a first down and we secure a 3 score lead if not add another score.

Reactions: 08Vol
1st fan base I have ever seen that I would say 40% seems like they are angry whether we win or we lose. I just don't get it. Sound like a bunch of church folk arguing over the color of the carpet.
Happy with the win. ALWAYS happy to beat UF. But UT also did things that will get them beat against other good opponents. Not "pis__ed". Just realize that Banks has to get his act together. His pass D is leaving a TON to be desired.

I’m not too proud to admit that I got that same sinking feeling I’ve had many times over the last 15 years. You can’t get rid of BVS overnight.

On a positive note .. we had lots of good company lol

Big O thomas is going to be a star. Our pass rush is insane. we have some dudes on both sides of the line. The inside game is astounding me. We can hold our own inside for the first time in a long time. That's the difference. GO VOLS!

We need to recruit a few more like Thomas - he has the size, speed, strength and quickness to be an NFL DT.

He made the right call to start running clock. The odds of UF winning down by 17 with 8 mins left with is very very low. You’re just mad because you thought you were seeing those lo odds unfold and it caused you stressed. Get over it. We won. Our offense look straight up unstoppable.
Technically it was perfect play calling (except they should have kicked the late field goal). Unfortunately, if UF (or a future opponent) shows they are gonna just keep throwing haymakers we probably need to keep the foot on the pedal just a little longer.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
1st fan base I have ever seen that I would say 40% seems like they are angry whether we win or we lose. I just don't get it. Sound like a bunch of church folk arguing over the color of the carpet.

You must be a new fan. Trust me even if we were #1 there would be some complaining. Don’t worry about it. We are undefeated and ranked higher than at any point since the post Fulmer era. Life is good. GO BIG ORANGE!!!!

Reactions: stewart6600
We need to recruit a few more like Thomas - he has the size, speed, strength and quickness to be an NFL DT.

I remember Big Os recruitment. At that time, AP was saying how while he was a good DL, he had all SEC OL written all over him. I think just like with Butler, we gotta thank Garner for Os development. Garner has shown time and time again that he is one of the best developers of DL out there

Brother, ecstasy can coexist with concern for the obvious shortcomings. Our secondary is awful, by any objective measure. Anyone can see this through four games. We finally beat those slimy lizards thanks to Hendon and the rest of our offense and our D-line and, at times, our LBs. Let’s savor the win and hope Banks and Martinez can finally start healing our Achilles Heel—our secondary. This is the only thing standing in the way of us reaching the next level and competing for championships, as I see it.

Stop betting on games! Stupid people lose money all the time

Reactions: 08Vol
I’m happy that we are 4-0 but we’ve gotta get better defensively, you can’t beat Alabama or Georgia playing like that.. we where out coached defensively all game.. and the last 3:00 min of coaching in the 4th quarter wasn’t good

After all of these years of sucking, I’m full Al Davis. Just win baby. Stats are great but the only one that matters is what’s on the scoreboard at the end of the game. Pretty wins, ugly wins. Don’t care. And it’s driving the media nuts that Tennessee is showing signs of life again and that we aren’t their whipping boy anymore.

VN Store

Back