Welcome to Knoxville Sharrona Reaves

Naysayers are out in force again,as with the commitment of Kamera Harris. Yes,we are spoiled by past success and have a sour taste from this past year's team record. But that does not mean that we should disparage everything done by the Lady Vols. Sharrona seems to have had an upward trajectory in her career,with good team performances. If she can get this group of Lady Vols to move on offense and shoot at 44 percent,we might be pleasantly surprised at next year's team. We shall see on the recruiting trail,but she deserves our support,because she is now a Lady Vol.

From her utube highlites, Kamera has a lot of potential. She is a big body that seems to be aggressive on the boards. She also seems to have some post up potential on offense and the ability to rebound and put back shots. It also looks like she has very good shot blocking skills. We also need to remember that ESPN list her as one of the top 8 players left unsigned in the 2016 class.

I believe we have a potentially very good player that will need coaching to realize her ultimate potential. From one article I read she seems to be excited to be a Lady Vol, the question is, does she have the desire, the want to and fire to reach her ultimate potential? I say give her a chance, we might be pleasantly surprised. Time will be the ultimate desider.

Reactions: 1 person
++++++

People, Kyra was a recruiter (more or less). That is what we lost and that is what you THE VAST MAJORITY were crying hardest about. Now that we got one, SHUT UP and let her recruit.

My word, HW finally did the right thing and you "fans" are jumping her... Well let me tell you something. I was harder on HW than most all of you and I am well pleased with this hire.

If Sharona can get good talent to come to a school that is so far off of the radar,,,IMAGINE what she can do for UT. She is from Tennessee. Yet, isn't part of the spiral.

YES, we need a better offensive flow. But to keep any hopes of maintaining our elite status, we need the best recruits we can get. If Sharona can get good talent to come to UVA, imagine what she can do for UT.

Re offense.... We have exceptional talent here already. 6 All Americans on the roster RIGHT NOW. It isn't up to anybody BUT HW to change her mentality. HW knows what she has done in game management was not conducive to the talent within this team. It is up to her to figure that out. But, re Sharona, we lost a recruiter and we got a recruiter. If she can help with offense, so be it. If not, HW has many options here in this city that would donate their time to coordinating with her. I am one of them!

I don't know why you are quoting against my post, but I thought I was saying the same thing you just stated, give the new coach a chance. Lord help us what you would have written if I stated it was a bad hire. I know very little about this young lady and have no idea what coaching pool was available for Holly to choose from. Time, not you, the majority or me, will be the ultimate desider if this was a good, great, or bad hire. Before crying or giving praise let's allow the situation to play itself out. GIVE HER A CHANCE.

Last edited:
Pretty good hire based on the situation IMO. No top level prospect would take this. It's a possible one and done gig. Holly had to gonfornan relative unknown that she believes is actually top level.

I get your point, but I think this staff thought they had McCoy secured for this class. McCoy was leaning towards Tennessee, but I think grades and the fact that Ohio State offered her sister seal the deal. With all these players signing with Ohio State, I don't see everybody being happy and I wouldn't be surprise to see a transfer or two after next season.

I also understand that, but that's my issue with Holly (and her coaching/recruiting) she seems to not be willing to change/adapt and tends to put all her focus/eggs in one basket and it has shown to hurt us. Whether it is forcing the ball inside or not letting Diamond play the way she needs to play, refusing to play Nia and Kortney more. Its like when she decides to finally take suggestions from others its too late. I'm hoping she realizes that she has to be willing to take the input/suggestions of her other coaches and play to her players strengths

I get your point, but I think this staff thought they had McCoy secured for this class. McCoy was leaning towards Tennessee, but I think grades and the fact that Ohio State offered her sister seal the deal. With all these players signing with Ohio State, I don't see everybody being happy and I wouldn't be surprise to see a transfer or two after next season.

The clown at The OSU is the biggest jerk in the women's BB game. He has no boundaries he will not cross to sign a ball player. One day it will blowup in his face.

I don't know why you are quoting against my post, but I thought I was saying the same thing you just stated, give the new coach a chance. Lord help us what you would have written if I stated it was a bad hire. I know very little about this young lady and have no idea what coaching pool was available for Holly to choose from. Time, not you, the majority or me, will be the ultimate desider if this was a good, great, or bad hire. Before crying or giving praise let's allow the situation to play itself out. GIVE HER A CHANCE.

+++++++++++++

I was just echoing what you said. indeed. Sometimes the words of two or more can make a difference. It wasn't against your post, but supporting it.

I also understand that, but that's my issue with Holly (and her coaching/recruiting) she seems to not be willing to change/adapt and tends to put all her focus/eggs in one basket and it has shown to hurt us. Whether it is forcing the ball inside or not letting Diamond play the way she needs to play, refusing to play Nia and Kortney more. Its like when she decides to finally take suggestions from others its too late. I'm hoping she realizes that she has to be willing to take the input/suggestions of her other coaches and play to her players strengths

+++++++++++++

This may be the very crux... Sometimes we put people around us that want to change things, but get told no so often they quit suggesting.... Sometimes ALL of their suggestions are bad... And sometimes you have to take a whipping to learn a lesson...

Bottom line is, HW has to keep people around her that are loyal to and supporting of her, but will stand up to her and not back down.

we need help with recruiting

If the class of 2017 is looking at how Holly coach this team in the past and now then that`s bad news for recruiting. Also i notice Sharrona said our guard play was pretty good hmm!. Well we all no that is not true at all other then DD. And she will play more on the wing this year. So not counting DD our guard play is down right awful.

If McCoy decides to transfer from Ohio State within the next couple years best believe the SC staff will be all over her to come south. Also, I believe Duke transfer Azura Stevens will transfer here over the summer. Things have been really quiet with her & there's been no talk of her taking visits so she must already know where she's going.

DID you really think she was going to say yea they suck , and we need to do this no. she will have that convo with the player not the media..smh ppl

If McCoy decides to transfer from Ohio State within the next couple years best believe the SC staff will be all over her to come south. Also, I believe Duke transfer Azura Stevens will transfer here over the summer. Things have been really quiet with her & there's been no talk of her taking visits so she must already know where she's going.

Well, I hope Dawn is willing to take the sister as well because its a package deal. If the SEC wouldn't approve her grades/test scores now, I doubt she'll choose the SEC in the near future IF she does leave OSU.

Well, I hope Dawn is willing to take the sister as well because its a package deal. If the SEC wouldn't approve her grades/test scores now, I doubt she'll choose the SEC in the near future IF she does leave OSU.

I don't think Dawn will do package deals. Also, the grades situation is disappointing. It appears one sister isn't that talented & the other isn't....well, ya know :birgits_giggle:

Would Coach Warlick actually value the input given on offense, that's the question.

++++++++++++++

Holly's next step in growth as a head coach is to do just THAT.

Listen... Throw away the nonsense and re----consider the advice that is good.

+++++++++++++

I was just echoing what you said. indeed. Sometimes the words of two or more can make a difference. It wasn't against your post, but supporting it.

Got you and fully agree, we have a habit of throwing people under the bus before they actually deserve to be. I know we are all disappointed in Holly and how the LV program has been handled, however, let's see if this change has a positive effect. Holly's butt should be so hot that she has third degree burns. If what she is doing fails, it is all on her, as it has been for the last 3 years. I hope this is her last straw to prove that she and her staff have the ability to coach and recruit a top 5 2017 class.

This is what people don't seem to be grasping. Maybe the program's recruiting problems aren't due to whoever has the damn "recruiting coordinator" title and more due to the product Holly has put on the floor with the roster of HS All-Americans she (and Elzy) assembled. Maybe more consideration should have been given to this in making the new hire....

This is what people don't seem to be grasping. Maybe the program's recruiting problems aren't due to whoever has the damn "recruiting coordinator" title and more due to the product Holly has put on the floor with the roster of HS All-Americans she (and Elzy) assembled. Maybe more consideration should have been given to this in making the new hire....

Deer park who seems to be in the know stated that there were issues in the locker room and if Elzy had stayed then there would have been transfers..... Those issues also could have greatly effected recruiting.... Did they? Who the h&ll knows? None of us know for sure the issues facing the lady vols.... Hope Holly is getting them straightened out.

Deer park who seems to be in the know stated that there were issues in the locker room and if Elzy had stayed then there would have been transfers..... Those issues also could have greatly effected recruiting.... Did they? Who the h&ll knows? None of us know for sure the issues facing the lady vols.... Hope Holly is getting them straightened out.

It is hard to believe that there was friction with Elzy and the players, but having said that, I know nothing!!!!

It is hard to believe that there was friction with Elzy and the players, but having said that, I know nothing!!!!

I have no idea, but I went back and watched the Ohio State game and it does seem kind of strange on the sideline with Elzy and Warlick. Also looks like Elzy really didn't interact with the players once they came to the bench. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes when it comes to recruiting and also the locker room. We as fans have no idea. I'm still amazed at what goes on with recruiting. All I can say it's getting close to the men's side. Some people want to win desperately and is under pressure causing them to go above and beyond to sign certain recruits. I'm curious to see how this scenario works out at Ohio State over the next few seasons.

Reactions: 2 people
A lot of this group on here must belong to the legion of the miserable. Who were you guys expecting to get? Whoever was brought in would most likely not be a household name because how many of those are out there? Most probably couldn't name more than 2 assistant coaches from the SEC and only then because they were former Lady Vols. SMDH!!

A lot of UT fans have turned into UConn fans and they aren't willing to admit it to themselves. They'd be happier if they did.

VN Store

Back