Welcome Jewel Spear B🍊🍊M

Again, players who tend to shoot a lot of 3s tend to hit them at reasonably high %. That is why Tess took more threes than say Hollingshead. The LVs offensive big lack this season was having more players who could spread the floor with their outside shooting threat.

Honestly, I don't understand your argument -- oh, no the LVs have added another good three point shooter!!! Again if she gets up to 40% which is very possible next season that is equivlent to shooting 60% from the 2 points zones: 4 X 3 = 12 pts (the equivalent of 6 2-pointers). We are talking simple math here.

I was not trying to or have I ARGUED! All I did was state the number of points I thought she could produce from taking 10 3 point shots!! Personally I don't give a tinker's dam- one way or the other! Just making an observation!! It really becomes tiring when so many on here run with their stinger out. I have no idea what impact this young lady will have on the team but I hope it is really good! Her shooting is not the most important thing she can provide as far as I am concerned. It's her maturity where ball handling will help, I hope.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Her shooting is not the most important thing she can provide as far as I am concerned. It's her maturity where ball handling will help, I hope.
This. All we really really need is just a reliable, credible threat to score from the outside and create, and some real dedication to lockdown perimeter D. Could we possibly have 2 of these players in Wells and Spear? Anything around a reliable 10 - 12 pts a game from these two positions would be fantastic. Extra scoring, which we know they both can do, is a bonus. Creating a safe space on the perimeter for Rickea to operate would be a huge contribution.

I'm sure the shot discussion was had before either signed. Both are likely to get less than they're use to. Let's see how the coaches navigate the new blend of scorers. Going to be lots of that going on around the SEC.

Ball handling is a question I have about Spear. She had like 61 t.o.s and just 60 assists last season. Of course she wasn't looking to pass much, and also will have the ball in her hands less here. Also better players around her. So I think she'll be ok.

Last edited:
I was not trying to or have I ARGUED! All I did was state the number of points I thought she could produce from taking 10 3 point shots!! Personally I don't give a tinker's dam- one way or the other! Just making an observation!! It really becomes tiring when so many on here run with their stinger out. I have no idea what impact this young lady will have on the team but I hope it is really good! Her shooting is not the most important thing she can provide as far as I am concerned. It's her maturity where ball handling will help, I hope.

I should have said "complaint" rather than argument but interesting is your response that you don't give a "tinker's dam" after having posted multiple times about being a glass half empty guy and that there is some potential problem with someone missing 6 out 10 3-pt. shots.

Those who are responding to you are also making "observations." I could ask why is your stinger out!! That defensive reaction is just a dodge from someone who perhaps realizing they were maybe a little off base but does not want to own to admit to an error in one's initial pronouncement.

"Oh, your are attacking me!" No, we are pointing out that your complaint is objectively, mathematically flawed and everyone understands that a 3 pt shot is worth 50% more than a 2 point shot.

Basically, your concern, complaint, observation is askew. Last season, the LVs shot 44% from the two point zone. If Spears hits 40% from behind the 3pt. arc next season, that would be a just marginal difference in missed shots from this year's two shooting performance (but with 4 additional points on the scoreboard). Getting rebounds is just as important on missed 2s as missed 3s BTW.

It is fine for you to now state that Spears needs to bring more than just shooting (and I completely agree) but that obvious point was not what this conversation had been about.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back