Weird stats from combine

185 is warm up weight for anyone who actually lifts on a regular basis.

I get they are basketball players but this is pretty light weight.

Just kinda shocked.
It surprises me too that some of these athletes can't bench that at least one time, but I still wouldn't say that it's light weight. There's a lot of people that can't lift that. As someone else said these guys have long arms and completely different body types than football players and that's why they are good and play their respective sports. That's why you have 6'6" 200 lb bball players that are quicker and can jump out of the gym than a 6'6" 300lb lineman that can bench 225 for 30 reps.

Reactions: NEO
My comment of 185 wasn’t meant to be mean by the way.

I am just used to 225 being the weight used ever since I was a teenager as the measure.

Maybe the assumption is benching body weight since most BB guys are much lighter and hover around that weight.

It's one thing for a shooter playing the wing not being that strong. But a power forward or center is a totally different story. Using KD as an example is ridiculous. He is so obviously an outlier whose talent outshone that. Also I'd bet you money by the end of his rookie year he could bench 185. The guy I pointed out was a Center and strength is a huge factor at that position.

VN Store

Back