Weird Facts About Famous Movies

Fun fact I just learned from the Unspooled pod...Mad Max originally had no intention of being a post-apocalyptic story. They couldn't afford to pay extras and film in civilization, so everything happened in abandoned/remote areas and then in post production they add the text in the opening credits to tell you about a nuclear holocaust that explains their wasteland. Nothing else in the whole movie makes any reference to any of that. It's funny because that aspect of the back story becomes a huge part of the franchise's lore.

Last edited:
Fun fact I just learned from the Unspooled pod...Mad Max originally had no intention of being a post-apocalyptic story. They couldn't afford to pay extras and film in civilization, so everything happened in abandoned/remote areas and then in post production they add the text in the opening credits to tell you about a nuclear holocaust that explains their wasteland. Nothing else in the whole movie makes any reference to any of that. It's funny because that aspect of the back story becomes a huge part of the franchise's lore.
I did remember thinking it was weird he was a cop in the post apocalypse without any major civilization nearby. like who even had him patrolling?

VN Store

Back