Week 5: Kentucky vs. Ole Miss

OptimisticFan

VolJacket
Who do we want to win?

If Kentucky wins, that bolsters the East’s resume over the West, and it looks better when we beat Kentucky later in the season. If Ole Miss wins, the loss could take some of the wind out of Kentucky’s sails. At the end of the day, our destiny is firmly in our own hands, but I’m curious which seems the better outcome for our Vols?

My observation is we have climbed back to relevance. The fact Kentucky has made strides has made it more difficult for us. I prefer they lose and sink back to 7 wins type team and maybe Stoops finally leave them and they sink back to obscurity. Every big game they win and stay hovering around top 15 at same time as us that doesn't help us. I hope Ole Miss embarrasses them.

I want Ole Miss to win. Can’t stand Kentucky. Plus we compete with them in the East. If somehow, by the grace of God, we upset Georgia, I don’t want Kentucky standing in our way. Shoot I don’t want Kentucky anywhere near the top of the East. I’m ready for them to go back to doormat status. I do think they win though, because ole miss is not good this year. Yes I know ole miss is ranked, but they have beaten garbage teams and outside of the GT game, have not been impressive. Didn’t score a single point in the second half yesterday against Tulsa.

My observation is we have climbed back to relevance. The fact Kentucky has made strides has made it more difficult for us. I prefer they lose and sink back to 7 wins type team and maybe Stoops finally leave them and they sink back to obscurity. Every big game they win and stay hovering around top 15 at same time as us that doesn't help us. I hope Ole Miss embarrasses them.
They’ve done nothing. Stoops is a .500 coach

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Who shows up NIL Kentucky or Florida Kentucky

That’s the difference between a good game and packing up at halftime

They both seem to lack consistency. It depends on which team shows up to play. I think Ole Miss clutches it late, but if Kentucky gets pressure on Ole Miss’s QB, I could see the Wildcats taking the game by two possessions.

Even at their best they can’t beat Tennessee. They’ll do what they do and fall flat at the most in opportune time.

When the Kat fans admit they’ll beat Florida and still find a way to lose to Tennessee is all you need.

Stoops has done all there is to do at Kentucky with Georgia where they are, Tennessee on the rise, and Florida potentially making the turn in a season or two Stoops should know how this ends.

Even at their best they can’t beat Tennessee. They’ll do what they do and fall flat at the most in opportune time.

When the Kat fans admit they’ll beat Florida and still find a way to lose to Tennessee is all you need.

Stoops has done all there is to do at Kentucky with Georgia where they are, Tennessee on the rise, and Florida potentially making the turn in a season or two Stoops should know how this ends.
I just have the feeling,Dudley,that this is Mark Stoops last season at Kentucky before he goes somewhere else like Auburn.

They’ve done nothing. Stoops is a .500 coach
Thats including his earlier teams when he was building a roster that was trash. He has made Kentucky relevant. Not world beaters but that .500 isn't that on this second half of his tenure there. If you cant see he has made Kentucky more of a competent opponent then you haven't been paying attention or you are young and didn't see how bad they were for 30-50 years prior besides the Rich Brooks and Hal Mumme blips of sneak up be good and then terrible again.

Thats including his earlier teams when he was building a roster that was trash. He has made Kentucky relevant. Not world beaters but that .500 isn't that on this second half of his tenure there. If you cant see he has made Kentucky more of a competent opponent then you haven't been paying attention or you are young and didn't see how bad they were for 30-50 years prior besides the Rich Brooks and Hal Mumme blips of sneak up be good and then terrible again.
Fran Curci was pretty good at Kentucky from 1973-1977

I just have the feeling,Dudley,that this is Mark Stoops last season at Kentucky before he goes somewhere else like Auburn.
I kind of agree with you. Auburn doesn't seem like the fit for him though. Kentucky would love to keep him and he has enough evidence Auburn is willing to blow a guy out with a better record than him.

UK has Levis and a handful of good young receivers, but their offensive line is suspect. In three cupcake games (Miami OH, Youngstown St, NIU) they’ve given up 13 sacks and only gained 253 rushing yds COMBINED.

Even with Chris Rodriguez returning, I don’t think they will be able to keep pace with competent offenses in SEC play. I predict a hard crash into reality for the cats this weekend.

VN Store

Back