Week 2 Upset Alert article

LOL... I will be less surprised by a 30 pt Vol win than by a Vol loss. Heupel has shown great ability to put his best players in favorable match ups on O. UT is A LOT better than WVU on O... and WVU's performance against Pitt did not look like a fluke.

This seems like a close matchup to most. And it could be for sure.

This team seems so cohesive though. The offense has show it can be crazy explosive.

If Pitt wants to play man, we need to create a mismatch and some confusion. We seem to do well with that.

Our defense is untested so hard to say they are suspect. Remember they see way more minutes that the offense so they may be a bend not break kinda unit.

I think we win by a score or two. But I’d not be shocked if we win by 30-40 points.
If we come out and punch them in the face like Missouri and SC last year it might get wild.

Again, many VN fans think anyone that posts something that disagrees with them makes them an idiot.

The article makes good sense to knowledgeable fans. What makes the guy a bad journalist?

Nobody knows who's gonna win this game.

To have a great defense, it has always been said that you need a star ar every level. Who's ours? We dont have any on any level. Banks is a good, above average LB. We have no players that stand out on that side of the ball. Now... they may become stars as the season goes, but RIGHT NOW... the author is more correct than not.

Again, many VN fans think anyone that posts something that disagrees with them makes them an idiot.

The article makes good sense to knowledgeable fans. What makes the guy a bad journalist?

His rationale for his prediction is that Pittsburgh is at home. He doesn’t give any evidence to why that would make them play better. He also doesn’t give any reason why our offense would do better than WVU, or that our defense is as bad as he says. There’s no analysis, he just looked at the scores and winged it.

I could be proven completely wrong but I really don't expect the game to be all that close. I think we'll beat Pitt rather easily. I think Pitt is a good team but they aren't great and I think they are overranked. I see us winning like 42-21.

The only way I see us losing is, well obviously if I'm completely wrong and they're way better than I thought, but primarily if we shoot ourselves in the foot. If we are off on offense and making silly mistakes then yeah we could lose. I don't mean to discredit Pitt but I honestly think it's a scenario where if we lose it's likely because we beat ourselves more than Pitt beat us.

His rationale for his prediction is that Pittsburgh is at home. He doesn’t give any evidence to why that would make them play better. He also doesn’t give any reason why our offense would do better than WVU, or that our defense is as bad as he says. There’s no analysis, he just looked at the scores and winged it.
Not to be a bummer, but MOST people consider playing at home as an advantage for the home team. WE do!

UT's defense is swiss cheese based on what? Last season? Holding Ball St. to 10 points with mostly backups/walkons playing in the 2nd half? Stupid article is stupid.
Based on poor tackling and sucky 3rd down. Would have been 17 if dude didn’t fumble into end zone. Hopefully, defense has been tweaked and better this week.

One thing was right in that article ..... the OVER. It now is at 65 1/2. 75 points were scored last year while Milton was over throwing the Taliban. I have total confidence in our offense. The defense did not look stellar last week, allowing far too many uncontested completions. I could see 80 being scored as realistic.

To have a great defense, it has always been said that you need a star ar every level. Who's ours? We dont have any on any level. Banks is a good, above average LB. We have no players that stand out on that side of the ball. Now... they may become stars as the season goes, but RIGHT NOW... the author is more correct than not.
Some guys need to emerge for sure if this team is going to take the next step. We need difference makers.

Agreed. Definitely wouldn’t qualify for an “always been said” classification either. Nonetheless, completely ignores Byron Young is preseason All-SEC First Team.
As a Vol fan, I have seen many games where less talented, smaller, slower teams have given us a close game or a loss. I don't recall any superstars on any of those teams. I have seen those teams play very well as a unit, though.

Appy state, Georgia State, BYU (exception of a superstar QB), Purdue, etc.

What on earth did he say that made sense? That both teams scored a lot last year? He complimented both QBs, crapped on both defenses, and then surmised Pitt should win. Also to answer your real question, the fact that he writes for MSN is more than proof that the author is not exactly a great journalist...

VN Store

Back