Weather in Gainesville

V@l4Life

Grand Volinator
I just took a look at the weather forecast for Saturday evening in Gainesville. It looks pretty likely we will be playing in the rain. I think this would be to our advantage in a couple of ways.

1) Our run game has looked very good this year. I think a wet, sloppy game would benefit us more than Florida.

2) Crowd noise. The crowd won't be nearly as involved if it's pouring down.

Just my $0.02😁

The weather forecast it not as bad for the evening. Only 25% chance of rain and the wind gusts are only 6mph per AccuWeather as of Thursday night.
Most of the rain is forecast for earlier in the day.

Good news is the weather is the same for both teams. Bad news is, Milton already has accuracy issues, I can't see a wet ball helping with that...
He's hit on 67% of his passes so far. Was 70% last year on his 2 games that he started. Hasn't thrown an INT since he's been here. No QB is going to complete every pass. But, you have to look at him not turning the ball over also.

I thought this thread was a setup like Milton will be reining down touchdown bombs.....

Last edited:
I just took a look at the weather forecast for Saturday evening in Gainesville. It looks pretty likely we will be playing in the rain. I think this would be to our advantage in a couple of ways.

1) Our run game has looked very good this year. I think a wet, sloppy game would benefit us more than Florida.

Just my $0.02😁

Shades of the Florida game in the pouring rain at Neyland Stadium when Heath Shuler was the quarterback.

The weather forecast it not as bad for the evening. Only 25% chance of rain and the wind gusts are only 6mph per AccuWeather as of Thursday night.
Most of the rain is forecast for earlier in the day.
If that’s the case, it could dampen the tailgating, which in turn dampens the drinking, which in turn reduces the obnoxiousness of drunk Florida bros. I like our chances!

Just my $0.02😁

Bruh did you even watch the Vandy game last year???

Good news is the weather is the same for both teams. Bad news is, Milton already has accuracy issues, I can't see a wet ball helping with that...
Negative ninnie post are rampant....maybe we should cancel game .......accuracy issues or high velocity ball harder to adjust to? Hope coach knows what he is doing....oh my(no blue font y'all)

Some pretty basic meteorology here.

On hot, sunny days (like September in Florida), the ground heats up faster than the adjacent ocean. That in turn heats up the air over the ground. Hot air rises. Cooler air from the ocean moves in to replace the departing hot air. This ocean breeze brings moisture over land. That air heats in its turn and rises. As the moisture-rich air rises, it cools. Cooler air can't hold as much water, so clouds form, and eventually rain falls out of the clouds.

This is a daily event in Florida between June and September. Usually happens in the afternoon, when the temperature differentials are highest. Afternoon showers are the NORM. No surprise there are going to be afternoon showers the day of our game.

But they almost always pass by evening. Our game starts at 7pm (local time). That's evening. Little chance of rain that late in the day, and the ocean breezes should be tamped down as well.

Might be muggy, but otherwise should be a perfect evening for some Tennessee football.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back