We Won

The only thing she said that didn't make a lot of sense is that Tennessee shouldn't be a one seed. So who should it be Baylor who lost to Oklahoma couple days ago or Merryland who really hasn't played a real tough schedule since the ran out of the ACC. If you look at the rpi and sos Tennessee is way ahead of both. If we win our last home game and get to finals of the SEC Tourney win or lose I think were the fourth number one seed.

Reactions: 1 person
Last night's game was Milton-Jones first TV game. She has previously done a few SECN+ games.

She was a last minute replacement for Carolyn Peck whose flight was delayed.

This info. comes from DEERPARK.

She called Nia Moore someone else's name once, but other than that she was good.

Yea I appreciated DMJ for.what she was worth last night. She had an.absolute love fest with Massengale and Burdick. She even lobbied for Burdick to be her teammate, joking or not. She gave praise to both our seniors and done so throughout the game...and for that I can appreciate her

Do you have any idea who Delisha Milton-Jones is? Certainly her broadcasting experience lags behind her playing experience, but her knowledge level probably outweighs 95% of the color commentators out there. I expect that she will retire from the WNBA in the next year or two and go into coaching or broadcasting.

At this junction I would suggest coaching. She appears to understand basketball, no question. Yes we know who she is, if we didn't she told us a dozen times. She plays for the Atlanta Dream of the WNBA. 95% knowledge does not a color commentator make. What the hell does it really matter what we think, none of us will decide what she does, good or bad.:dance:

it really matters because you are/were trashing a person for no good reason... that makes any sense....

Gule: You got that wrong. The "color commentator was most biased against the "Lady Vols" coming from her History od playing for Florida, being from Georgia, and playing with Dawn Staley twice in the Olymics! I found her to really be a "cruddy" announcer!

I muted the sound early in the first half because I found their rambling irritating, especially the color commentator's.

it really matters because you are/were trashing a person for no good reason... that makes any sense....[/

And it makes sense to say you would like for this lady to announce for the softball team!!!! Sounds like we will be on the same floor at the asylum for the insane.

You know, had the LVs lost this game, this thread would not be debating the merits of the TV commentator. No, there would be endless posts lamenting Holly Warlick's coaching inadequacies and ripping players right and left (plus, "the why not play Dunbar?!" lament).

So, for a little game-specific reflection:

Burdick and Massengale were both excellent and were differences makers when the LVs needed to make a difference. Burdick has just been $ in the mid range game. I hope she can keep this form through March.

Carter also had a quality game making nice plays on on both sides of the ball and running the offense well.

Graves did a lot of dirty work in the paint which the team needed but she just did not get that many offensive opportunities. GA was making her a defensive focus but the LVs will need to find ways to get her more involved going forward.

Reynolds - she can play better and will need to play better. She hit some clutch shots but had too many unforced turnovers that gave GA life.

Nared -- an off night. She is better when attacking the rim and going hard for rebounds rather than floating around on the perimeter and trying to contribute with the three ball.

Middleton - not a bad game at all. Nice to see her hit a 3 and she held her own defensively.

Moore - She has excellent offensive skills but her game on other dimensions needs to get better. She is not a wide body but she could still do a better job in blocking out. She lets opponents push through way too easily and her defensive effort often looks lackadaisical. She has good quickness and should not give up the baseline as easily as she does. I think a lot of her problems (and lack of playing time) could be resolved if she could just bring the hustle level of Graves and Burdick on nightly basis. She really could be a major contributor.

Coaching - I think Holly is a doing an admirable in managing a short bench and compensating for a lack of size in the post.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
she would be an improvement over the guy doing softball now, of course so would almost anyone on the planet.

You know, had the LVs lost this game, this thread would not be debating the merits of the TV commentator. No, there would be endless posts lamenting Holly Warlick's coaching inadequacies and ripping players right and left (plus, "the why not play Dunbar?!" lament).

Burdick and Massengale were both excellent and were differences makers when the LVs needed to make a difference. Burdick has just been $ in the mid range game. I hope she can keep this form through March.

Carter also had a quality game making nice plays on on both sides of the ball and running the offense well.

Graves did a lot of dirty work in the paint which the team needed but she just did not get that many offensive opportunities. GA was making her a defensive focus but the LVs will need to find ways to get her more involved going forward.

Reynolds - she can play better and will need to play better. She hit some clutch shots but had too many unforced turnovers that gave GA life.

Nared -- an off night. She is better when attacking the rim and going hard for rebounds rather than floating around on the perimeter and trying to contribute with the three ball.

Middleton - not a bad game at all. Nice to see her hit a 3 and she held her own defensively.

Moore - She has excellent offensive skills but her game on other dimensions needs to get better. She is not a wide body but she could still do a better job in blocking out. She lets opponents push through way too easily and her defensive effort often looks lackadaisical. She has good quickness and should not give up the baseline as easily as she does. I think a lot of her problems (and lack of playing time) could be resolved if she could just bring the hustle level of Graves and Burdick on nightly basis. She really could be a major contributor.

Coaching - I think Holly is a doing an admirable in managing a short bench and compensating for a lack of size in the post.

By the way I agree with your assessment, however, I promise somewhere in Volland someone is ripping Holly and at least one or two players. Holly is in a no win situation simply, to no fault of her own, she replaced a legend. No matter what you, me, or anyone writes on this site, there will be Holly rippers no matter how many games she wins until she wins a championship. Even then there will be b@@chers complaining. Is Holly the greatest women's coach in America, not at this time, but I admire how the team is holding together and Holly is doing the job she is doing. It is hard for Naysayers like myself to backdown and be realistic. I just hope we can keep it up and prove a lot of people wrong. Through thick and/or thin, I truly love my Lady Vols.

When Mass is hitting shots and Reynolds is playing well, we've got a good guard trio. The problem is that Mass and Reynolds are inconsistent. Reynolds still has a lot of upside to her game--she has good size and can take the rock to the rim, but she has to finish or make good passes when defenders collapse on her.

We are going to need Nared and, to a lesser extent, Moore, from here on. Nared needs to look for mid-range jumpers as Burdick does. Moore needs to play smarter, faster and tougher on defense. She is rail thin but needs to focus.

Reactions: 3 people
When Mass is hitting shots and Reynolds is playing well, we've got a good guard trio. The problem is that Mass and Reynolds are inconsistent. Reynolds still has a lot of upside to her game--she has good size and can take the rock to the rim, but she has to finish or make good passes when defenders collapse on her.

With the injury Izzy, the LVs now are a more guard centered team. If Massengale, Carter and Reynolds can all bring their A games, they can compete for a final spot.

unless they have to play Maryland, Baylor, Oregon State, Louisville, Duke, ND, etc. to get there.

We are going to need Nared and, to a lesser extent, Moore, from here on. Nared needs to look for mid-range jumpers as Burdick does. Moore needs to play smarter, faster and tougher on defense. She is rail thin but needs to focus.

solid post :good!:

Armchair, look at you, "take the rock to the rim"!!! I like that, add that color with your bad self, lookout Miss Peck, the Armchair is after your JOB.:good!:

VN Store

Back