We used to be in the top ten in facilities in stories like this.

South Carolina is a program that could wind up really good in the not so distant future. They’ve been investing heavily in their program and have ton of in state talent. I could see them battling for 1st in the East on a yearly basis in a few more years.
in a little over a month, I"ll be 40 years old. This comment has been said for at least the last 35 of them.

do you think Shane Beamer is the next Dabo?
I have no idea. I know this, no one predicted Dabo would do what he did when he was hired. It was a head scratcher. He was the friggin WR coach. So, don’t sit there and think you know ****. You don’t.

South Carolina is a program that could wind up really good in the not so distant future. They’ve been investing heavily in their program and have ton of in state talent. I could see them battling for 1st in the East on a yearly basis in a few more years.
Though not a hard and fast rule, there's usually only room in an SEC state for one truly elite program at a time, regardless of conference.

It can be Miami, FSU, or FL but only one at a time. The same with Bama and Auburn. And... well.... there's no room in MS for either one, actually.

If Clemson wanes, SCe can thrive, but not until.

I have no idea. I know this, no one predicted Dabo would do what he did when he was hired. It was a head scratcher. He was the friggin WR coach. So, don’t sit there and think you know ****. You don’t.
are you trying to throw scare tactics? kind of silly. but ok

Unfortunately it’s a reality. We used to be able to sell top notch facilities. But no more. This has been known. Our facilities are just a tad above average in the SEC now.
Top 20 facilities are about opinions. There isn't much difference in 1 and 20 or so. Non-issue. Depends on wants and needs of individual recruits

8b28de5a61515c47c12b3cdf854c7752.gif

I dont know how any of us can keep going on with our lives knowing that UT is #12 in facilities.

What are the chances the person doing this ranking has actually visited ALL of the facilities he's ranking? Two chances. None and friggin none. It's secondhand analysis based on info he's getting from a secondhand source who has no clue. Imo.
Are you hinting that sports "journalists" just might stretch the truth?

Northwestern’s practice facility is unbelievable.
View attachment 355575
Absolutely, Northwestern got really visionary with their new complex. It's stunning.

Trouble is, structures like that have huge maintenance requirements. It's flashy, but kind of impractical.

Know where else we hear that? At the homes and offices of billionaires. It works for those rich folks because they have (seemingly) endless money to keep throwing at maintenance and support staff. Will Northwestern University be equally committed to staying on top of the world?

Let's see how it looks in ten years. If they're maintaining it well over time, then I'll be sold.

Top 20 facilities are about opinions. There isn't much difference in 1 and 20 or so. Non-issue. Depends on wants and needs of individual recruits
Agree for the most part. Oregon, A&M and Bama just seem a notch ahead of everyone to me. Clemson is just hokey to me with some stuff but it’s nice. Most the others I think are just up to personal preference.

The word "Facilities" here is all encompassing. Not just about the stadium, weight room or locker rooms. It's athlete-only academic centers with access to tutors any time, athlete-only apartments/dorms with granite, stainless steel and 3 65" TVs, snack and smoothie bars, lazy rivers and swimming pools. It's about stand alone football operations centers. It goes like this: "Oh, you don't have a stand alone football only operations center? Oh your football center is still built into the stadium? Wow, that's old school. South Carolina just built it's own facility..."
Football - Thursday, February 28 - Cyndi and Kenneth Long Family Football Operations Center

The one Florida just started building is going to have a recording studio and a barber shop built into the players lounge.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrangeSailor98
The word "Facilities" here is all encompassing. Not just about the stadium, weight room or locker rooms. It's athlete-only academic centers with access to tutors any time, athlete-only apartments/dorms with granite, stainless steel and 3 65" TVs, snack and smoothie bars, lazy rivers and swimming pools. It's about stand alone football operations centers. It goes like this: "Oh, you don't have a stand alone football only operations center? Oh your football center is still built into the stadium? Wow, that's old school. South Carolina just built it's own facility..."
Football - Thursday, February 28 - Cyndi and Kenneth Long Family Football Operations Center

The one Florida just started building is going to have a recording studio and a barber shop built into the players lounge.
oh that's a really good point.

here's another really good point: stfu, gator.

Reactions: Sad_vol

A recording studio? In Florida? You see in Tennessee we have a little place called Nashville. You may have heard of it.

VN Store

Back