We talk about stability but...

MurphyVol

Is there anyone that thinks we should have given Butch and Dooley more time? They were bad hires plain and simple.

I never though LK, DD or BJ we're the answer even from day one of their tenures. I was cautiously optimistic because JP was a recruiter and had SEC experience. It's obvious now that he is in over his head.

Not sure what the hang up with starting JG is, but how could it be worse than 0-2 against a weak BYU team and a team that struggles to beat FCS programs.

I'm not sure what's worse at this point, more instability or continuing with Pruitt.

Honestly, if Phil stepped in as interim I wouldn't care at this point. He would have a better staff surrounding him than when he left. He's the same age as Mack Brown and maybe he's learned from his mistakes.

Considering how much we still pay Butch, how much we'll owe JP I'm not sure if there's a viable alternative to leaving him in place or having Phil step in.

Rocker, Chaney, Tee....there are some solid coaches on this staff.

Chandler, DWA, JJ, Callaway...there is talent on this roster.

This is a 6-8 win team that Pruitt may get 1-2 wins out of. It's inexcusable. Not sure how much of Pruitt's brand of "stability" we can handle.

Is there anyone that thinks we should have given Butch and Dooley more time? They were bad hires plain and simple.

I never though LK, DD or BJ we're the answer even from day one of their tenures. I was cautiously optimistic because JP was a recruiter and had SEC experience. It's obvious now that he is in over his head.

Not sure what the hang up with starting JG is, but how could it be worse than 0-2 against a weak BYU team and a team that struggles to beat FCS programs.

I'm not sure what's worse at this point, more instability or continuing with Pruitt.

Honestly, if Phil stepped in as interim I wouldn't care at this point. He would have a better staff surrounding him than when he left. He's the same age as Mack Brown and maybe he's learned from his mistakes.

Considering how much we still pay Butch, how much we'll owe JP I'm not sure if there's a viable alternative to leaving him in place or having Phil step in.

This is a 6-8 win team that Pruitt may get 1-2 wins out of. It's inexcusable. Not sure how much of Pruitt's brand of "stability" we can handle.
Here’s the thing I want him gone , I want to drop 10 mil on Meyer , but I’ve said it multiple times if we get rid of him , we will hire billy sanders who’s an intern in the local high school team so there is no point . I started a thread yesterday that said if each fan in Neyland would give 200 bucks we could go get an Urban Meyer type but people just ridicule and make excuses

Here’s the thing I want him gone , I want to drop 10 mil on Meyer , but I’ve said it multiple times if we get rid of him , we will hire billy sanders who’s an intern in the local high school team so there is no point . I started a thread yesterday that said if each fan in Neyland would give 200 bucks we could go get an Urban Meyer type but people just ridicule and make excuses
No

They ridicule because it is ridiculous. You very same people who want Meyer have been the same ones accusing him of being dirty, cheating, etc. You have no problem pushing your "morals" to the side if you think something will benefit you. It doesn't matter if you want Pruitt gone or not it's not going to happen so give it up.

Reactions: sethavellie
To answer your first question yes there are people who wish we would have given those two more time.

https://www.behavioraleconomics.com/resources/mini-encyclopedia-of-be/sunk-cost-fallacy/

When you know you messed up, you don't continue down that road because of the time and money you invested in that decision.

When you know Pruitt isn't your guy, you fire him, assuming you can pay the buyout.

If you can't pay the buyout... Well...

They ridicule because it is ridiculous. You very same people who want Meyer have been the same ones accusing him of being dirty, cheating, etc. You have no problem pushing your "morals" to the side if you think something will benefit you. It doesn't matter if you want Pruitt gone or not it's not going to happen so give it up.
I have not criticized him but thanks for generalizing .

It can happen.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Ok morality protector will do

Not a morality protector just pointing out the facts. I'll exclude you since you're so sensitive but doesn't change the fact that people (once again you excluded) were always saying how Meyer and his teams at Florida and Ohio State were dirty, cheaters, etc. The culture was one of less desirables in a non football setting now the very same people (not Vols1313) want the same thing at UT. You want a coach that will stick around as long as he's winning but as soon as it gets tough he gets a headache and heads home. It's beyond pathetic and hypocritical but not surprising. Of course that doesn't mean you, Vols1313 so don't get upset ok? In all seriousness, you don't have a damn clue and Coach Pruitt isn't going anywhere so accept it.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
To answer your first question yes there are people who wish we would have given those two more time.

https://www.behavioraleconomics.com/resources/mini-encyclopedia-of-be/sunk-cost-fallacy/

When you know you messed up, you don't continue down that road because of the time and money you invested in that decision.

When you know Pruitt isn't your guy, you fire him, assuming you can pay the buyout.

If you can't pay the buyout... Well...
Your avatar made me pee my pants a little...

Not a morality protector just pointing out the facts. I'll exclude you since you're so sensitive but doesn't change the fact that people (once again you excluded) were always saying how Meyer and his teams at Florida and Ohio State were dirty, cheaters, etc. The culture was one of less desirables in a non football setting now the very same people (not Vols1313) want the same thing at UT. You want a coach that will stick around as long as he's winning but as soon as it gets tough he gets a headache and heads home. It's beyond pathetic and hypocritical but not surprising. Of course that doesn't mean you, Vols1313 so don't get upset ok? In all seriousness, you don't have a damn clue and Coach Pruitt isn't going anywhere so accept it.
Lol yeah I’m the one upset .

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
I'm not upset just pointing out the facts, once again. Pruitt isn't going anywhere and Urban Meyer will NEVER coach at UT. Is that clear enough for you?
I wonder if we could create a safe space for you on here

Both Dooley & Jones were finished with this as much as we wanted them fired. They both knew they were in way over their head and only wanted to take their money and go home. UT should have played hardball with both on the buyout and negotiated a lower #. Jones especially. That’s how colleges do it now. They don’t just write checks like UT does.

My thoughts are that because of the last 3 coaching changes and essentially no improvement, it may be time to settle and stick with this for a bit.

If another coaching change is going to yield the same results as the last 10 years, perhaps it is time to stay with what we have unless the perfect candidate is made available. Rookie head coach, with some very good positional coaches and a lot of SEC experience and recruiting has potential to get much better over time vs a staff like Butch Jones.

It is mind boggling, that there are those who think we should've given DD and BJ more time. To Hell with LK. He left for a better job. He wasn't pushed out.
1. Neither DD or BJ knew how to recruit for the SEC trenches. Formula for disaster.
2. Neither DD or BJ knew how to develop talent.
3. DD was toxic, to the team and alumni.
4. BJ was toxic to the team.
5. Neither DD or BJ could handle making decision on the fly, or game management.
6. Tyler Bray and Josh Dobbs are responsible for any success DD and BJ enjoyed.
7. One winning conference record between the two of them.
8. Are you all effing nuts!?
9. I could go on and on..........

Reactions: CAVPUT and wmcovol
I wonder if we could create a safe space for you on here
Yet you're the one butt hurt because Jeremy Pruitt is head coach and not fired after 14 games. Typical little fool who wants what he wants right away and cries if he doesn't get it. Yeah we do need a safe space and I guarantee you'd be the first one to find it.

Yet you're the one butt hurt because Jeremy Pruitt is head coach and not fired after 14 games. Typical little fool who wants what he wants right away and cries if he doesn't get it. Yeah we do need a safe space and I guarantee you'd be the first one to find it.
Anger management could do you wonders man. Maybe pet a puppy or something

VN Store

Back