We support Jon Crompton

He didn't have the best game, but people who are calling for his head for this game are wrong. Period.

Given who we are playing, I thought he did ok. I hope the kids keeps growing into this system!!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Kiffin put the ball out of Crompton's hands so to speak. We won the TO margin, we have things to be proud of

He did enough to keep his starting job. Not much more than that...he definitely did not lose the game for us.

Are you kidding me? He didn't throw but maybe 5 balls down field (past 5 yards). 90% of our passes were to our running backs.

And yes that is the playcalling.

But why is the playcalling that way?

Because Crompton sucks.

Give me a break.

Listen, I don't want anything bad for the dude. I hate that people turn this stuff into more than what it is....but at this point I'd have to say the team may not have much confidence in the kid. It's good that you support him and that's fair. Fact is he threw 2 interceptions today and no touchdowns.

That's not going to get it done.

When you have to scheme around the fact that you're scared to death to have your quarterback throw down field I think you lose a lot.

I think it's time to put in Stephens and at least see if he can give the guys a shot in the arm.

I wish the best for Crompton. He's had plenty of shots.

He threw very few passes and still had 2 interceptions, what game are y'all looking at ? Crompton, OMG I can't wait to get a Lane Kiffin QB in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you guys insane? He did not throw a good deep ball the whole game and he looked every bit a head case. He never scrambled, he slid down against guys he outweighed by 60 pounds.

Everyone watching knew that if we have Tebow and they have Crompton we beat UF today. What real football fans know as well is that we now have clearly the best defensive coaching staff in the country and that if we had even an average QB we win.

Crompton seriously and I am not being hyperbolic will go down as the worst starting QB in the history of TN. That will be the case even if we win 9 games this year. We will run the ball over and over and over and over. We will also throw 2-3 yard passes that could be made by Joey Matthews.

I believe the 2 interceptions he threw today officially give him more career interceptions than touchdowns.

Managed the game decently, 2 interceptions didn't hurt us (one on third day no chance for James to return, one on 4th down was a good playcall), threw a good pass to Jones in the endzone that should have been 6. Still extremely unsure of himself and a liability to our team when teams know we can't throw it more than 2-3 yards with confidence.

He did fine today all but the throw out of bounds pass on the last drive... The two picks were no problem today.. He did not loose the game for us... We should have won... But I think we are good for the rest of the season.

it speaks volumes that kiffin called the draw play on 3rd and 21. that alone tells you what kind of qb jonathan crompton is.

crompton really is a bad qb ...it was bad watching him today he was staring down everyone can't read a defense ...i'm really starting to think lane is just using him as a scapegoat to help the program look better ... if we had rick clausen today we win the game .... our team played sooooo goood ...but its hard to do anything with a horrible qb ....

it speaks volumes that kiffin called the draw play on 3rd and 21. that alone tells you what kind of qb jonathan crompton is.

Ding ding ding!

How many 3rd and longs were runs?
How many passes were thrown more than 5 yards from the line of scrimmage?

We dumped off to the backs all day. Did it work sometimes? Yes. But we can't run 75% of the time and throw the ball to the line of the scrimmage the other 25% of the time and hope to win.

But I am optimistic about our future. Can't wait until we have an offense/QB.

VN Store

Back