We still have a shot at playoffs!

Vereen is not average.... He has been all over the place all year... Barnett is just getting all the spotlight (not that I am mad). But our line isn't just a one trick pony.

Barnett gets the spotlight because he is, BY FAR, the best, most complete, most productive DE/DL that we have.

Vereen, along with most of our other DLs, is having a bit of a disappointing season. Danny OBrien, prior to his dismissal, was having an excellent season, and that's about it.

Our DLs have 9 total sacks.....all of them.....Barnett has 6 of them. Vereen, playing with the benefit of an All-American DE on the other side, which should free him up a good percentage of the time with a straight up one on one matchup, has 2 sacks and 3.5 TFLs, compared to Barnett's 6 sacks and 11.5 TFLs. The only other DL to record a sack is Vickers, and he only has 1.

Our line, by and large is indeed a "one trick pony" IMO. It's Derek Barnett and everybody else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
True.

But if he has so much potential, why is it that none of the 32 teams think he's worthy of a main roster spot? There are 11 teams averaging less than 100 rushing yards per game. Surely one of them would be instantly improved by adding such a talent.

Because he is ****......and anyone with an "eye for talent" or really anyone who has a pulse sees that. This guy also said Bosa would be a bust....meanwhile Bosa is wrecking **** in the league right now.

He's got good size for a NFL QB, great arm strength, great athleticism, insane competitiveness, a great mind, and the sort of maturity and leadership you look for. He's also dominates a lot of big games against big time opponents.

IMO the star potential is easy to see.

He's undersized at 210 lbs, he has good not great arm strength, great athletic ability, very good competitiveness, great off the field smarts but doesn't seem to work through his progressions quickly on field, great maturity and excellent to great leadership abilities.

Interesting that you literally left off the one, most important thing that an NFL qb absolutely, positively has to have to play in the league.....outstanding passing accuracy. That, above anything else, will keep Josh from being a starting NFL qb if not out of the league altogether.

Dude, just stop... There will always be D4H quotes you pull out and make him regret, but that doesn't make the level of discourse any more civil nor any more informative.

No, don't think so. Nobody holding a gun to your head to make you read anything in here. There's an ignore button if you're bothered. Have a good one.

Hold up now. I say alot of things but this is definitely not one of them. I consistently said Ezekiel Elliott was the best player in that draft. Never said Kelvin Taylor was better than him.

I do stand by my prediction Kelvin Taylor is better than Derrick Henry. When Kelvin gets his chance he will prove to be much better than Henry. Remember the NFL is a marathon not a sprint.

Ok, let's look at Kelvin Taylor's situation in San Francisco. When Carlos Hyde went down with an injuryy, what did San Francisco do? Did the insert the incredibly talented, future superstar Taylor into the starting lineup? No. Instead, Taylor still sits on the practice squad iiirc, unable to jump ahead of 3 "great" running backs.....Shane Draughn, DuJuan Harris and Mike Davis (former SCar running back who averaged less than 2 yards per carry last year).

Meanwhile, Henry is only not the Titans' starting RB because they signed All-Pro Demarco Murray who's having a great, All-Pro type season. Kelvin Taylor may one day actually crack an NFL roster, who knows, stranger things have happened. But there ain't no way he ever has anywhere near the NFL success that Henry will have barring injury. Henry, in limited time, has already shown excellent feet, burst, lateral movement and even ability to catch the ball out of the backfield....he's averaging 4.5 yards per carry and 12 yards per catch thus far and anybody watching with any objectivity can see that this kid is a special talent and is gonna do great things in the NFL barring injury.

Last edited:
Ok, let's look at Kelvin Taylor's situation in San Francisco. When Carlos Hyde went down with an injuryy, what did San Francisco do? Did the insert the incredibly talented, future superstar Taylor into the starting lineup? No. Instead, Taylor still sits on the practice squad iiirc, unable to jump ahead of 3 "great" running backs.....Shane Draughn, DuJuan Harris and Mike Davis (former SCar running back who averaged less than 2 yards per carry last year).

Meanwhile, Henry is only not the Titans' starting RB because they signed All-Pro Demarco Murray who's having a great, All-Pro type season. Kelvin Taylor may one day actually crack an NFL roster, who knows, stranger things have happened. But there ain't no way he ever has anywhere near the NFL success that Henry will have. Henry, in limited time, has already shown excellent feet, burst, lateral movement and even ability to catch the ball out of the backfield....he's averaging 4.5 yards per carry and 12 yards per catch thus far and anybody watching with any objectivity can see that this kid is a special talent and is gonna do great things in the NFL barring injury.

Henry will remind a lot of Oiler/Titan fans what they had with Eddie George. The guy will be a future Pro Bowler, while Taylor will be working at Footlocker in a few years.

Henry will remind a lot of Oiler/Titan fans what they had with Eddie George. The guy will be a future Pro Bowler, while Taylor will be working at Footlocker in a few years.

I really don't understand why Henry didn't get more touches against the Browns and Colts. He was great against the Dolphins, and then the coaches decided not to give him the ball.

I often think the Titans' play sheet is just a large, laminated sheet that simply reads "Who Gives a ****?"

I think he's actually more talented than George. Eddie was a 3 yard and a cloud of dust slogger. Henry is bigger, quicker and faster than Eddie was. I'm not sure what happens to Taylor in the future, you never know. But as things stand right now, there's absolutely no way any honest, rational fan can say he has a brighter future than Henry.

Last edited:
He's got good size for a NFL QB, great arm strength, great athleticism, insane competitiveness, a great mind, and the sort of maturity and leadership you look for. He's also dominates a lot of big games against big time opponents.

IMO the star potential is easy to see.

Arm strength is not there. He's competitive. Ask anyone and you'll see nobody thinks he'll be an NFL QB. His great mind is best suited for aerospace engineering. Dominates a lot of big games against big time opponents? Like who?

Arm strength is not there. He's competitive. Ask anyone and you'll see nobody thinks he'll be an NFL QB. His great mind is best suited for aerospace engineering. Dominates a lot of big games against big time opponents? Like who?

D4H fully believes that he has a God given talent to see what mortals are unable to see. He thinks that his talents are wasted as a grocery bagger and that NFL scouts are completely full of it and just don't have the eye he has......that is, unless they 20% agree with something he has babbled about.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on brother. Did you just say "our o-line doesn't have any future NFL players"??.......you're on record saying, and I quote,......

"Coleman Thomas is one of the truly great football players on this team. I said a few months back that he would be the first center taken when he came out. And I'm sticking to that. Along the offensive line I believe him and Dylan Wiseman will have very long and successful NFL careers".

Coleman Thomas has regressed substantially. Maybe injuries are the reason but he's been terrible this season.

Thank you for combing my posts once again with a fine tooth comb. I forgot about Weisman. He is currently the only NFL talent in our o-line. I expect him to be around 4th round pick. And he should be a long-time starter in the NFL.

Sorry, But I want some of what the OP is smoking. Let's just play into the fact and bama goes undefeated until the SEC Championship game.... Oh HELL YEAH, they will take a to loss UT over Bama, ......... But they Still get the nod because they are 12-1..... SIMPLE.... NOWAY UT get's into the playoffs unless Bama loses to LSU and Auburn! This won't happen, but it will cause a stir!

[b[He's undersized at 210 lbs[/b], he has good not great arm strength, great athletic ability, very good competitiveness, great off the field smarts but doesn't seem to work through his progressions quickly on field, great maturity and excellent to great leadership abilities.

Interesting that you literally left off the one, most important thing that an NFL qb absolutely, positively has to have to play in the league.....outstanding passing accuracy. That, above anything else, will keep Josh from being a starting NFL qb if not out of the league altogether.

So the guy who runs over DBs like he's Leonard Fournette is undersized?

Dobbs may be 210 lbs. But he isn't the typical 210 lbs QB who is usually skinny fat and not very cut ala Jared Goff.

Dobbs is a well-built athlete who is ripped with almost no body fat. He looks more like a wide receiver than a QB from a physique standpoint.

He'll add another 5 pounds of muscle in the lead up to the combine and be a ripped 215 lbs. That is more than sufficient for a guy his size.

And yet Dobbs was voted as having one of the strongest arms in college football. 16 for '16: College football QBs with the strongest arms | NFL.com

In the SEC, only Chad Kelly has arguably a stronger arm. And nationally he's definitely in the top 10. Maybe top 5.

How about our biggest rival? Florida 2016.

399 total yards and 5 TDs en route to breaking a 11 year losing streak against Florida in 2016.

400+ yards and 5 TDs against #19 Georgia in 2015. Another huge win over a rival.

400+ yards against #8 Texas A&M in 2016.

And yet Dobbs was voted as having one of the strongest arms in college football. 16 for '16: College football QBs with the strongest arms | NFL.com

In the SEC, only Chad Kelly has arguably a stronger arm. And nationally he's definitely in the top 10. Maybe top 5.

I'll actually agree with you there. Dobbs has plenty of arm. The problem is his accuracy. And given that he's played 31 games of college ball, it seems like a stretch to say he'll drastically improve from here.

How about our biggest rival? Florida 2016.

399 total yards and 5 TDs en route to breaking a 11 year losing streak against Florida in 2016.

Yes we know -- we were there, even though Dobbs' biggest fan just threw him under the bus. Did you actually watch the game?

I don't recall him being all that good before this season.

He was on the preseason Remington list for a reason.

He was a major reason for Tennessee finishing 2nd in the SEC in rushing last year. He was great at pulling on run blocks but struggled at pass blocks against physical defensive lineman like on Alabama.

I thought he would improve his strength at the point of attack to pass protect better. That didn't happen. And he also regressed at run blocking which was his strength.

Coleman Thomas has regressed substantially. Maybe injuries are the reason but he's been terrible this season.

Thank you for combing my posts once again with a fine tooth comb. I forgot about Weisman. He is currently the only NFL talent in our o-line. I expect him to be around 4th round pick. And he should be a long-time starter in the NFL.

Fine tooth comb? lol. No. More like throwing darts with a blindfold on.....bound to hit one of your typical, smug, condescending, know it all posts. Target rich environment.

Yes. He has said Dobbs, Hurd, Kamara and Sutton are lock first rounders. Not in this thread but in others.

Haha I thought I had a low football I.Q lol...

SUTTON- Probably 2nd round or MAYBE late 1st.
HURD- Probably late 3rd or 4th round.
KAMARA- Probably 5th-6th
DOBBS- I have now clue but but will definitely be AFTER all the above players.

I'll throw Barnett in as a 1st rounder. Just my opinion.

VN Store

Back