We should never play Bama again

I saw somewhere today that said when Texas & Oklahoma join the SEC that they will eliminate the divisions and the top two winning-est teams will play each other in the SEC championship game. True. I don't know.

Follow the money. Much more likely they go to divisions and have a 4 team playoff. After all, all pretense of education being a priority is gone, they wanted to be pros, treat them as such. What do we care if the top teams play 16 games. But be ready for a players; union eventually.

I will always be in favor of the opportunity to bam, Bama.
And I still don't give a damn;
Not a damn about Alabam ----------a.

Reactions: Buzzbait
We have had 15 years of terrible football and meaningless bowl games. If it puts us in a position like Georgia I’m all for it. Georgia plays a cupcake from the west almost every year. You think they care if they walk into playoffs only having to play Mississippi State and the weakest Auburn team in recent memory? I want us to play meaningful football and if the committee doesn’t respect strength of schedule why should we?
Well schedules rotate and are getting ready to change. There have been plenty of years where Auburn was a tougher game than Bama and UGA plays Auburn every year. Plus, UGA usually plays 2 Power 5 non conference opponents every year and recently one of them has been a pretty good team (Oregon this year). I don’t agree that UGA plays a cupcake schedule every year and they don’t get to pick who they play from the West. Auburn happened to be down this year and they did win easily at Miss St, which isn’t easy. I do agree Bama shouldn’t be over us but it wasn’t at all surprising to see. It simply came down to us being dominated in our 2 losses while both of Bama’s losses were really close. And, as another poster said, we beat SC and it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
We have had 15 years of terrible football and meaningless bowl games. If it puts us in a position like Georgia I’m all for it. Georgia plays a cupcake from the west almost every year. You think they care if they walk into playoffs only having to play Mississippi State and the weakest Auburn team in recent memory? I want us to play meaningful football and if the committee doesn’t respect strength of schedule why should we?

I agree we need to go undefeated every year or we will subsume to a 1 or 2 loss teams that the leadership of CFP favors, just the world we live in. Thats why some Tennessee residence that have never been to Alabama game don their A every week until they become a loser like during the Shula years.

When the SEX expands out to 20 teams eventually then really what reason should we have to still play Bamon every year ?

Eventually their super-dwarf will retire, and the priapism the CFP committee has for the Gumps will relent a bit.

Even if Bama gets in the playoff and even wins it all it doesn’t take away our win over them. We should’ve beat South Carolina or at least not gotten embarrassed and best by 4 touchdowns nearly

WE should’ve handled business against South Carolina and all of this would be a non issue.

That's like saying Bama should've handled business agaisnt Tennessee and LSU.....they didn't...but Tennessee handled their business head to head against Bama.

Beating a team head to head has and always should be the major determining factor when teams have the same record.

I get why people are up in arms over the AP and the CFP, but where we are now versus where we were are not the same two teams. Without Hooker Tennessee is still a top 25 team but by no means are they a college football playoff team. We would have still gotten there if we wouldn’t have gotten absolutely drummed in Columbia.

They value the fact Bama is an elite program. Shouldnt be that way but it is. Makes me wanna beat bama down next year. It is infuriating

with that logic, then our win against them should mean more

That's like saying Bama should've handled business agaisnt Tennessee and LSU.....they didn't...but Tennessee handled their business head to head against Bama.

Beating a team head to head has and always should be the major determining factor when teams have the same record.
But they didn’t lose by a combined 39 points to us and LSU. We were dominated by George and embarrassed and run off the field by South Carolina

Reactions: Vanhalo
Who said those things don’t matter?

The SOS is basically a wash. Bama at 8 and Tennessee at 7.

Bama SOR at 5, Tennessee’s is at 7

Bama FPI at 2, Tennessee at 5

Tennessee has the head to head, but I can assure you it’s slight, because it was home and on last second FG. Still have the edge, but it isn’t huge

Tennessee has the win advantage

Bama definitely has the loss advantage

Tennessee has a bad disadvantage in they have been non competitive in 1 game and blown out by 4 scores in another.

Tennessee lost late……no time to work back up (non factor but it’s real)

They are 6th and 7th

I’m not real sure how anyone can argue if it were either way. Bama should have taken care of business vs Tennessee or LSU and Tennessee should not have let a 25 point SC beat down happen.
It’s pretty easy to argue whenever they have Florida St and Oregon St ranked ahead of the teams they beat head to head. They pick and choose when to use their criteria, and they very clearly chose to ignore it whenever slotting Alabama ahead of Tennessee. Alabama should never have been ranked ahead of Tennessee, even after the South Carolina loss.

Tennessee has a bad disadvantage in they have been non competitive in 1 game and blown out by 4 scores in another.

Tennessee lost late……no time to work back up (non factor but it’s real).
This in a nutshell. Teams that want national recognition and respect when it comes to making the playoffs have to earn it. We had our opportunities and didn't take advantage. Not only did we not take advantage, we looked flat awful. We were never going to make the playoffs after the UGA game and frankly, our defense tells me we really don't belong playing those caliber of teams. Add to that, we lost Hooker and I'd say we're right where we belong. Water finds it's own level and we will, too. If that's the cotton vs Tulane, so be it. Next time we get a chance to walk thru a door to the playoffs or a great bowl game, don't chit the bed and take care of your business. Until we do that, we're going to be ignorant hillbillies who don't belong. If this program doesn't like it, stop whining and do something about it

Reactions: JoAllan

VN Store

Back