We really are in danger of losing to Vandy and UK

Get a life. It's a football game. Nothing to lose sleep over.

This. I'm disappointed, but it's a frigging game played by people who doesn't even know I exist. Why it would cause my life to be truly miserable is beyond me. I mean I'm upset, but I'm not gonna mistreat nobody, be depressed all day, or physically hurt myself (as in my body stressed) over a game.

You should have more passion for your team if your a fan!

There's a huge damn difference having passion for your team than letting it control your life. From all the posts I've seen since last night, you'd think everyone was on suicide watch. In the end, it's just a stupid football game played by young kids. You think all this whining is helping our football team play better? No. It just makes everyone look like miserable clowns. Ya'll need to get the hell over it already.

Reactions: 1 person
The Vols are not remotely a good team right now. They rolled over vs. Bama in the second half and followed that up with turnovers and penalties against the Gamecocks enough to lose 3 games. Many of the kids playing should be 3rd team on an SEC squad.

A struggle vs. Tennessee Tech should not surprise and for sure any wins against SEC competition should be applauded. Dormady deserves to play most of next week's game and get ready for next season. Forget the players' egos, the next 2 weeks of practice should be hell - erase the depth chart minus Barnett, Daniel, Kelly and a couple more and start over.

Following this season, Jones will have to upgrade his offensive coaching staff to have any credibility. Most of those guys should be coaching at Marshall at best.

This is hilarious. The board wanted me crucified for saying Butch would be on the Hot Seat if he lost 4 games, now we're talking about losing to Vandy and KY Jelly? Priceless.

I think 3/4 of Vol fans (like most fan bases) are geeks who went to the University or like tailgating and have never played a single snap in their lives. They just have team spirit and like to post stadium pics on their FB page.

This team has turned for the worst. I never expected us to lose this game.

What makes us think Missouri will be a push over? I think we will have completely quit by the time we get to them and could lose that one as well.

I said before the season started that if the Vols could not score at least 30pts per game, then they would go about 7-5. They are extremely lucky that they don't already have 5 losses. I know they have great talent but there is just something about plays and formations they run that just does not allowing a lot of points to be scored. With todays high powered offenses, you must score big to win most games. Look at Louisville yesterday; worse game this season, couldn't do anything right, and yet scored 31 pts. I think the problem is the play calling. I think I heard somewhere that our offensive coord. was previously at Vandy???? If so, wow.

I said before the season started that if the Vols could not score at least 30pts per game, then they would go about 7-5. They are extremely lucky that they don't already have 5 losses. I know they have great talent but there is just something about plays and formations they run that just does not allowing a lot of points to be scored. With todays high powered offenses, you must score big to win most games. Look at Louisville yesterday; worse game this season, couldn't do anything right, and yet scored 31 pts. I think the problem is the play calling. I think I heard somewhere that our offensive coord. was previously at Vandy???? If so, wow.

And SC defense is pretty good. So is Vandy. Looking back giving up only 11 more points than Bama allowed vs us is about right. But we just can't mess around in the first half anymore. We should at least score 14 points. Everybody knows we only play for a half and are turnover prone. And Vandy and UK will not be scared and be fully confident against us. The fact that we lost to SC does mean we haven't progressed. Just because we beat UF oh well. Vandy beats UGA and they are still a 5- or 6-6 team. We are a 8-4 type team.

It's so sad hoow everyone had complete faith in this team then once they showed last night we just turn. Well we're justified. We have to see it to believe it. Our offense should score another 14 points a game and the defense can't stop anybody. So both sides of the ball are a mess. Seeing how Vandy shut down UGA I would say we aren't being coached good.

So who now thinks that Sutton and/or Kamara try to make a "comeback" given our season got flushed last night?

I think they hang up the cleats and save themselves for the NFL with all season goals now shot.

All of this is on butch and only butch....You keep faith in a senior QB that's putting up freshman numbers, it's been 4 years for him to get his passing game down and it hasn't happened you should have pulled him in the 2nd qt and put QD in the game. I don't understand butch's plan, you try to beat Alabama rushing when they are weak in the secondary, and you try to beat SC by passing when they struggle against the run. Plain and simple butch needs to take a long hard look and his coaching strategy. EVERYONE knows what we are going to do on offense it doesn't change but yet each week he does nothing about this, I'm sorry but we are sooooo limitied with Dobbs at qb that we can only run about 6 different plays and when the pressure is on him to make a game winning drive or throw it's intercepted. Yes I know Georgia but that was ALL Jennings. SOMETHING has to change guys because if the fans are frustrated just imagine how the players feel right now. I would love for butch to revamp this offense but he can't due to loyalty to Dobbs and it's a crippling effect on the rest of this team and if somethings not done before the KY game we may drop another game and that would send shockwaves through recruiting for this year and next

What makes us think Missouri will be a push over? I think we will have completely quit by the time we get to them and could lose that one as well.

Watch any of their SEC games outside of the UGA. Heck, watch their UF and UK games.

Vandy and UK are not that good -- UT will beat both if they get up for the games

They weren't up for the south Carolina game. Unfortunately at this point that is to big of an if for me to be confident.

VN Store

Back