We Need To Give Holly A Break

The rest of the team is self check as it was clear when we went into the zone? You don't think so??

How did we start her tell me??
The girl played hurt not to hard to stop someone not looking for a shot, it's not like we were denying her the ball she could have received if she wanted the ball.

Cooper if you watched got good looks she just could not finish, she is more known for her defense and transition game most of her points come from layups, which is why I say RU does not shoot a overall shot percentage.(Now put someone in her shoes that is a real scoring threat thats 15-20 pts in the book for her)

Everybody in the gym know Scaife is the real scoring threat on that team that can beat you and just a Sophomore, me i would prefer the ball in Cooper or Laney hands than Scaife??

Bottom line this was a good improvement for our defense, but it is going to take a better awareness of who has the hot hand on the opposition and not let that one player go off on us if we are to go far in March?

Remember the Moc's little guard who schooled us and we did not have an answer? Well diagnosed, now give Holly your RX.

A win versus, Stanford, OSU, Texas Am, and Notre Dame, and that kind of intensity on defense and the boards night in and night out, consistency, then I'll ease up, we were suppose to win this game we were ranked #11 and Rutgers #17.

Holly you get a break once the season is over, but she got better as a coach this game, and her players played hard for her, that was nice to see.

Consistency ladies, then I'll give her break, when we know our ladies in every game is going play hard on defense and control the glass every game and we can expect it, then I'll ease up, a win against Rutgers is solid but its not all that.

Reactions: 1 person
Nice win, but the high number of missed open shots is a concern. Today it was OK, but tomorrow it may not be.

I am also getting tired of supporters talking about help being on the way next year. I want it all this year with what we have. Holly should not be given a pass this year, she should be held accountable. If she can't keep this team in the hunt it is doubtful that next year will be any better, just saying.

I completely agree with this. We've been hearing about next year's recruits every year since Parker left. And now people are saying the same stuff about Cooper and Deshields that they said about Nared and Dunbar, and about Russell and Reynolds, and about Carter and Graves, and Burdick and Massengale....

It's a broken record. The buck stops here, with THIS seadon, and THIS group of players. Why do we think one year's crop of AA's is going to pan out any different than the last crop? And yes, I know Deshields might be the best of the bunch, but that doesn't change anything. One person doesn't win a title.

Rant over.

Reactions: 3 people
She still hasn't beat a non-conference top five team since she has been in charge. She has a few good conference wins. She is 0 for Notre Dame, 0 for Stanford, and 0 for Baylor. I'll give her Baylor because they turned chicken after Griner left. Until she beats some teams outside the conference she is still not upholding the program's tradition. She needs to get to a final four as well. So we really don't need to give her a break she needs to up her game and the players game we expect it at Tennessee.

I completely agree with this. We've been hearing about next year's recruits every year since Parker left. And now people are saying the same stuff about Cooper and Deshields that they said about Nared and Dunbar, and about Russell and Reynolds, and about Carter and Graves, and Burdick and Massengale....

It's a broken record. The buck stops here, with THIS seadon, and THIS group of players. Why do we think one year's crop of AA's is going to pan out any different than the last crop? And yes, I know Deshields might be the best of the bunch, but that doesn't change anything. One person doesn't win a title.

Rant over.

Let's show a little critical discernment here. DeShields is in a different category- she proved he mettle as a freshman (with lots of ups and downs) and is not coming off a major injury. It is very reasonable to expect her to be a difference next year. In general, it is pie in the sky to expect freshman to come in and be consistent difference makers because they are competing againt players who have several years of experience (and time in the weight room, etc.). Against better comp., Nared, Middleton look like exactly what they- inexperienced and under developed freshman.

Having said that, I agree the future is now (every year)..

Let's show a little critical discernment here. DeShields is in a different category- she proved he mettle as a freshman (with lots of ups and downs) and is not coming off a major injury. It is very reasonable to expect her to be a difference next year. In general, it is pie in the sky to expect freshman to come in and be consistent difference makers because they are competing againt players who have several years of experience (and time in the weight room, etc.). Against better comp., Nared, Middleton look like exactly what they- inexperienced and under developed freshman.

Having said that, I agree the future is now (every year)..
Well said give Martownvol a hand:clapping:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back