We Need Better Lawyers and a Set

onthehill71

Arky told Bert to pound sand for not looking for a real job. We told Lyle thank you sir, can I please have another. Arky settled for nearly $4 m under the buy out agreement. Oh yes, Arky was able to find a coach despite being total cads about the compensation. Bert did not spill all of the Razorbacks deep secrets in retribution. Lyle smoked a big one and dared us to do something.

Arky told Bert to pound sand for not looking for a real job. We told Lyle thank you sir, can I please have another. Arky settled for nearly $4 m under the buy out agreement. Oh yes, Arky was able to find a coach despite being total cads about the compensation. Bert did not spill all of the Razorbacks deep secrets in retribution. Lyle smoked a big one and dared us to do something.
Lyle maybe had something on some boosters who might gladly have settled.... I mean you bring up some good points.

Reactions: jonnon111
And furthermore that 900k Steele got should have come out of Fulmers end
I agree with this 100%.
Lyle maybe had something on some boosters who might gladly have settled.... I mean you bring up some good points.
... or maybe Tennessee just wants future coaching prospects (in any sport) and their agents to know that they honor their contracts, and those coaches won't have to go to court in order to get their full buyout if/when they are terminated. That is a good reputation to have.

I agree with this 100%.

... or maybe Tennessee just wants future coaching prospects (in any sport) and their agents to know that they honor their contracts, and those coaches won't have to go to court in order to get their full buyout if/when they are terminated. That is a good reputation to have.
Could be that too and I agree. Could be both and a great way to spin it bahahah

I agree with this 100%.

Bert did not honor his contract, that's the point. He did not put a good faith effort into securing a fully compensated position. Neither did Lyle. However, our lawyers fell for the red herring argument that all future coaches/agents would be repelled by us actually insisting that the contract be fully honored on both sides. Lest we forget, the "agents" are , in actuality, Jimmy Sexton, as big a snake as you will ever see in the business.

Reactions: volcs
Bert did not honor his contract, that's the point. He did not put a good faith effort into securing a fully compensated position. Neither did Lyle. However, our lawyers fell for the red herring argument that all future coaches/agents would be repelled by us actually insisting that the contract be fully honored on both sides. Lest we forget, the "agents" are , in actuality, Jimmy Sexton, as big a snake as you will ever see in the business.
Is there a legal definition for “good faith effort”?

Butch did interview for a job or two every year. Everyone knew he wasn’t going to take anything unless it was an ideal spot for him. But how does Tennessee say you didn’t try when he did interview?

I think some of the difference between Butch and Bielema was Butch’s job was commensurate with the pay he was receiving. I think when Bielema signed with the Pats they tried to pay him an incredibly low amount for his position coaching job that would allow him to keep his buyout. I think that’s what triggered Ark to cut him off and go to lawsuits.

Is there a legal definition for “good faith effort”?

Butch did interview for a job or two every year. Everyone knew he wasn’t going to take anything unless it was an ideal spot for him. But how does Tennessee say you didn’t try when he did interview?

I think some of the difference between Butch and Bielema was Butch’s job was commensurate with the pay he was receiving. I think when Bielema signed with the Pats they tried to pay him an incredibly low amount for his position coaching job that would allow him to keep his buyout. I think that’s what triggered Ark to cut him off and go to lawsuits.
Arky lawyers were perfectly willing to let a court determine the legal definition of a good faith effort. UT's guys were willing to do nothing but counsel an immediate and total capitulation to the Sexton cabal. No pressure, no witholding pay. Just pay and walk away.

Reactions: LoudOrange

Never compare anything Vols to Ark Kansas.

Reactions: GreveHaller
Arkansas hired a career position coach. Let’s not get carried away.

I agree with this 100%.

No, the UT administration and ADs have just been idiots. They don’t GAF because it’s not their money and they really don’t care.

Reactions: orangefloyd

All the issues begin and end with the administration. Prematurely gave botch,Fuller,and cornbread premature extensions. In the case of fuller and cornbread in order to correct their stupid decision they decided to open their own investigation and destroy the school and program to save the huge buyout that they prematurely gave him in the extension months earlier. Hollywood couldn’t write a script as stupid as this. Things will never improve until the administration is replaced with intelligent people.

Reactions: roberthunter

Ended up paying him 8 million to settle out of court. Arkansas didnt want a trial.

We will end up paying Pruitt at least that much. UT definitely does NOT want Pruitt talking under oath.

If I was in the coaching society, I would have him as my agent.

Ended up paying him 8 million to settle out of court. Arkansas didnt want a trial.

We will end up paying Pruitt at least that much. UT definitely does NOT want Pruitt talking under oath.
As i said, $4m less than the $12m buyout. I said nothing about Pruitt one way or the other. Handling of Lyle's dismissal was what i questioned.

Don't know why UT would worry about him under oath. Aren't the in the middle of the investigation to end all investigations regarding Pruitt and his staff? Hell, cap murder and divorce cases don't take this long to resolve. They're supposedly coming clean and laying it all bare for the NCAA so what's the worry? It's not what a lying cheat like Pruitt says it's what you can prove. UT should have no concerns if they are, indeed, doing a legit investigation of Pruitt's time at UT. If Pruitt and his staff acted on his own/went rogue, I'd not pay them a dime. If UT was complicit....nah, those geniuses at UT would never do that.

N
All the issues begin and end with the administration. Prematurely gave botch,Fuller,and cornbread premature extensions. In the case of fuller and cornbread in order to correct their stupid decision they decided to open their own investigation and destroy the school and program to save the huge buyout that they prematurely gave him in the extension months earlier. Hollywood couldn’t write a script as stupid as this. Things will never improve until the administration is replaced with intelligent people.

Just don't see it that way. Football, the BELL COW for sure is the outlier at UT. Check out the results of their leadership at nearly ever other program. Whether it was what they did or did not do to allow the improved fortunes during the CPF era are there to see. He owns those results as well as football. Check the trend lines for Basketball, Baseball, soccer, Volleyball, golf, tennis, track, and swimming and identify those that have have not had a positive trend since the day he took over. Softball is kind of a push, but still top 20. His hurried hire of Pruitt is a huge error, but does not support the requirement for wholesale changes of the current leadership. The jury will be out for a while on the DW hire and his FB coach selection, but on paper it was a solid decision.

Which programs current trends do you think support the call for the house cleaning? Why?

Reactions: VolDave53
Not sure why anyone would use Arky as an example of how to hire and fire football coaches. They have won 4 SEC games in the last 4 yrs and 3 of those wins came from a team coached by a guy that was a career OL coach whose hiring at UT would have caused a riot. There was only one proper course of action with Pruitt if you wanted to get the program back on track as quickly as possible. Fire Pruitt for being a lousy HC, thank him for his effort and pay him to leave. Skip the press conference detailing his violations and prepare a watered down report to the NCAA and maybe impose a one yr bowl ban and some token scholly reductions. Make the NCAA PROVE anything beyond the self reported stuff.

Cooperating with the NCAA just means you are giving them the rope they will use to hang you. Just because Pruitt didn't deserve to be paid doesn't mean pursuing that strategy was the best thing for the program. It ended up looking like idiots trying to out idiot a bigger idiot.

Don't know why UT would worry about him under oath. Aren't the in the middle of the investigation to end all investigations regarding Pruitt and his staff? Hell, cap murder and divorce cases don't take this long to resolve. They're supposedly coming clean and laying it all bare for the NCAA so what's the worry? It's not what a lying cheat like Pruitt says it's what you can prove. UT should have no concerns if they are, indeed, doing a legit investigation of Pruitt's time at UT. If Pruitt and his staff acted on his own/went rogue, I'd not pay them a dime. If UT was complicit....nah, those geniuses at UT would never do that.

The investigation WILL NOT name any boosters / donors involved. UT and boosters / donors will not want a trial where they can be named. Will settle. JMO

The investigation WILL NOT name any boosters / donors involved. UT and boosters / donors will not want a trial where they can be named. Will settle. JMO
This is exactly why Pruitt will get about $8-10M.

His lawyer is looking for ways to reel Haslam, Clayton, Thornton, etc into a situation where emails, letters, texts from them to UT are placed in open court and the possibility of subpoenas for testimony exist for those big-time donors.

If you think a major donor is going to testify under oath concerning Pruitt and/or their donations and conversations and God Knows What with the UT Athletic Dept over the years...... you're naive or insane.

Those guys are rich, not stupid.

Reactions: coachjp6

VN Store

Back