We may lose but

Two PFs and you're gone rest of game, if this is the plan, I hope Pruitt only has those guys we're at least 2 deep in that position take on the task. (I'm assuming these would be Unsportsmanlike conduct calls)
So literal. I meant come out playing mean and with some fire.

The whole state of Alabama disappearing into a Bermuda Triangle type of oblivion.

Still has to be understanding concept football and alignments. Mostly, better coaching would be an improvement.

Sounds like u want better execution not coaching to me

Sounds like u want better execution not coaching to me
The kids should understand the concepts and proper alignments better than they've shown. Fixing this is on the coaches. If they are aligned properly and then blow their responsibility, then that's on the player.

I'd like to see better preparation and education by the coaches.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Even when we were at the top of our game we were not able to pull that off! Late 60's Early 70's Late 80's and 90s. Early 2000s. Got rid of coaches and some left. Terrible hires and Administration.

Stability will be the key....and we are still 2-3 years out.
You and others have pointed out that I've set my desired goals far too high, okay, I believe we should be as good or better than BAMA. I do not buy, never will, that if we could just get 6 wins and go to a bowl, we'll be great again. The expectations have dropped so far, I don't see them coming back anytime soon.

The kids should understand the concepts and proper alignments better than they've shown. Fixing this is on the coaches. If they are aligned properly and then blow their responsibility, then that's on the player.

I'd like to see better preparation and education by the coaches.

Oh because your in the meetings and practice field and know they weren’t prepared or educated

Ok, how do you do that? Go out, hire a coach, listen to ten million people talk about what a mattress fire he walked into, agree with each and every one of them because they are one hundred percent right, then in the early part of year two of his tenure you start the drumbeat of discontentment, negative posts, calling for his head, etc, etc. It's a never-ending cycle. You gotta give your guy three full years--minimum. And too many of these 'fans' have not and will not--even for the next. In love with the coach search. Not me.
People just want to see Improvement dude. Mississippi state was a start. We saw all this story last year too. We thought we were improving after Kentucky. And then disaster struck. Georgia state was an unacceptable loss. And then losing as bad as we did to Florida and the way we lost to BYU. If he wins less than 5 games this year he's not progressing he's going backwards. He won five last year with a tougher schedule. This year schedule is easier and he has players one more year in his system. I have no problem keeping a coach 3 years or more as long as there is Improvement every year. I don't think there's some artificial timetable that says you have to keep a coach three years if they're getting worse.

Oh because your in the meetings and practice field and know they weren’t prepared or educated
How would you know where I've been?

Besides that, it's pretty obvious when the players are completely out of position, pre-snap, that they do not understand.

Reactions: I40flyer
Whatever. A L shows up in the column whether you lose by 50 or lose by1

That's very short-sighted to say that it doesn't matter how we lose. No, it won't affect our bowl eligibility, but fans, coaches, and prospects can see the difference in a solid effort/respectable showing vs a lay-down-get-your-butt-whipped beat-down.

For example: see the difference in popular reaction after this year's Florida and Georgia games.

The whole state of Alabama disappearing into a Bermuda Triangle type of oblivion.

Still has to be understanding concept football and alignments. Mostly, better coaching would be an improvement.

The fishing ( like in Tennessee) is waaaay to good to see Alabama disappearing into oblivion. Now the football program can collapse into itself like a black hole for all I care.

Reactions: OG.V83
Don't go to Bama and lay down, the Tennessee Vols have pride and will fight to the end!

1571505230683.jpeg

or Tennessee Pride!

How would you know where I've been?

Besides that, it's pretty obvious when the players are completely out of position, pre-snap, that they do not understand.

Lol well considering basically only the team has yea I’d say u haven’t. I don’t think there is as many pre snap out of position as u say. Care to give examples?

$200 straight up on TN winning would net $17,000!

Not likely but just saying 😁

I'm glad someone put some $$$ on the Vols! I'm shocked by the number of sunshine pumpers, that when it comes time to put up, they suddenly find religion, or hear their mama's calling or whatever, good luck.

Oh I didn't bet. I actually dont think we'll cover. I just would consider covering as an improvement.

The problem I have with having been a Vol for so long is, I remember when we weren't just good, We Were Great! Unlike so many young fans that have never known UT to be a Championship team, I do remember, and know what it can be, not just as a pipe dream, but as a reality. I am sick of hearing from complete idiots, we can't do this or that, that would be to expensive, we need more thugs to win, we need to build for another 5 or 6 years, blah,blah,blah, we didn't hear that crap in the old days, and we won NATY'S in the old days. This crap has to change-not in another 5 years, and it should have started first play, first game this year. Tomorrow, the season will be more than half over, no spin, it has been a crap year (again). Something BIG needs to take place with the AD, HC, Assistant Coaches, and players, and the fan base. We, the fans, have gotten to the point where if we could only win 6 games and go to a crap bowl, we'd be happy-are you kidding me! UT should have 10 wins min/.year-and SEC Championship 1 out of 3 years, and a NATY 1 out of 5 years.
This is a bit much, for any program. In my lifetime we have two NC's, and 7 SEC Titles. I am 52, and have been watching/listening for 46 yrs. We were a great program. Even when we weren't in the NC hunt, we were still relevant. We could beat literally ANYONE. We didn't get blown out, like we do now. No one laughed at us, except for Spurrier. But, that was more of a mental jab, and strategy, than a true feeling. But, Spurrier prepared his team well,for a fight. But now? No one respects us, for any reason. There is no fear of us beating anyone. Even MSU underestimated us. Their fans are speechless. How could we allow UT to beat us??!! They stink!! I miss other team's giving us their best shots, and tearing down goal posts, when they succeed. Winning programs do not tear down goal posts. Ever. Winning must be the expectation. Act like you've been there before. Unfortunately, we are not a winning program, and our kids have never been there, before. Sadly, some may never get there. The talent gap continues to grow. Bama 61 UT 17.

Last edited:
Reactions: I40flyer

VN Store

Back