We Lost Because

McConkey wanted to be here but was basically snubbed . He was undervalued and then disregard by Ut so that’s what you see yesterday just a bit more motivation to win.

If Bennet and McConkey were here today, they would be sitting on the bench.

Georgia played the better game plan and simple. The talent level difference was evident, and in Georgia’s favor.
In the end Georgia had 14 more points on the score board than Tennessee.
No conspiracy theories, no drama, just out matched by a better team. It happens. GBO!

In my opinion, it was more scheme. If they could've moved the pocket or if HH could've gotten a deeper drop on some plays, that would've helped. I just realized that the QB is in the same spot every play. That's not good when playing someone with a good pass rush.

Lest we forget (or not even know) -

Stetson Bennett was a former walk-on
McConkey, their leading receiver, was a 2 *

Wasn't just a talent thing. We weren't prepared for the crowd noise, we did not adjust efficiently, Hooker had a bad day (holding on to ball too long, etc)
Excellent point. It’s not as if Kirby is just loading the roaster. They are a well coached team. Coaching matters and Heupel deserves a ton of credit for how quickly he has turned this around.

The talent gap is not as wide as you think. We have better talent at some positions.

1. Georgia won the line of scrimmage.

2. We made too many mistakes.

3. Smart out coached Heupel.

4. Crowd noise had an impact.

Reactions: mpfvol
Lest we forget (or not even know) -

Stetson Bennett was a former walk-on
McConkey, their leading receiver, was a 2 *

Wasn't just a talent thing. We weren't prepared for the crowd noise, we did not adjust efficiently, Hooker had a bad day (holding on to ball too long, etc)
Look at how their line blocked. That’s a big reason why Bennett and McHonkey play well. Do you really think Hooker or any of our starting receivers wouldn’t look better if the rest of UT’s t roster was that GA team?

Georgia had a LOT more 4 and 5 star recruits than we did.

We got swarmed by their talent

Any and all coaches need talent.

Once we recruit better Heupel will be fine.
Heupel is already fine.

Better recruits will help. Experience in those big games will help.

Reactions: Behr
I was worried we would have a let down game against KY, but instead it came vs UGa. Not taking anything away from them either.

Hopefully it refocuses the team for the final 3 and playoffs/bowl game.
This was not a let down game. We faced the number 1 talented team in the nation, was outcoached and watched Athens become Neyland for a day.

Reactions: OldVolMan
We couldn’t run the ball.

And the false starts. Jeesh. In a hole all day.

Just bad o line play all day. That impacted Hooker’s play also.

In my opinion, it was more scheme. If they could've moved the pocket or if HH could've gotten a deeper drop on some plays, that would've helped. I just realized that the QB is in the same spot every play. That's not good when playing someone with a good pass rush.

I don’t understand is that a HH thing or CJH thing? It is odd. He plants his flag as close to the line of scrimmage as anyone I recall and stays there even under intense pressure.

I do think you’d see more designed runs and rollouts in a rematch.

Georgia had a LOT more 4 and 5 star recruits than we did.

We got swarmed by their talent

Any and all coaches need talent.

Once we recruit better Heupel will be fine.
then how did Mizzou almost beat Georgia???

I think we can beat them at a neutral site playoff game—and we will.

because on 5 November 2022 in Sanford Stadium, Georgia was the better team

Reactions: Raebo
I don’t understand is that a HH thing or CJH thing? It is odd. He plants his flag as close to the line of scrimmage as anyone I recall and stays there even under intense pressure.

I do think you’d see more designed runs and rollouts in a rematch.

This

Heupel needs to use Hooker’s legs and attack the perimeter. You need the Georgia secondary thinking about stopping QB perimeter runs.

The good thing about yesterday is Georgia played their best game against us. We played our worst game. We can scheme now to beat them. They’ll try to do the same thing. I think we can win.

This

Heupel needs to use Hooker’s legs and attack the perimeter. You need the Georgia secondary thinking about stopping QB perimeter runs.

The good thing about yesterday is Georgia played their best game against us. We played our worst game. We can scheme now to beat them. They’ll try to do the same thing. I think we can win.

I agree. I watched us losing that game and in an odd way it didn’t even bother me that much. I kept thinking this is about as bad as you will ever see us play and will were always one play away from getting back in it.

I’d take a rematch anytime and feel pretty good about it.

very true on all counts. We were beaten much worse than the score indicated.
This was not just a talent discrepancy. We just had a bad day on too many levels.
Yep. Missouri doesn't have the talent we have and you could argue they should have won that game. All the attention paid to UT and the offense, #1 CPF ranking, got their attention, kind of poked the bear somewhat.

Reactions: WhenUrVolUrVFL
This

Yep they played their best game. Makes me wonder if they have that yearly dud in them. They probably do..It's Georgia after all..

Reactions: WhenUrVolUrVFL
bottom line hook had a bad day..all big open plays were over throws..it happens and ga d speed up his reads.

The misery aside, how bout yesterday's basketball game between SMU and Houston? I just viewed the highlights, too bad I missed it.

Reasons we lost.
o line penalties putting us behind the sticks time after time. Our first possession set the tone for the game, we score 7 after the Ga fumble and it’s a different game. Our guys did play very tight but I think it was a winnable game

That pretty much sums it up!

I love this team and coaches, I believe we will finish with an 11-1 season, capped off with a bowl win and maybe a shot at the playoffs if a couple things go our way.

ALWAYS PROUD to be a Tennessee Volunteer!

Playing in the friendly confines of Neyland, we handled Bama, Florida, Kentucky. We took care of a LSU team still finding its way under Kelly at Death Valley. Last night we were brought down a notch by the defending National Champions, a team used to the white hot spotlight of such contests. Its QB, a very poised and talented Stetson Bennett, played with the confidence of
one who has been there before. This Georgia team experienced the same frustration of falling just short to the Crimson Tide, not once, but several times before finally breaking through.

This has been a special season for UT. It's not over - we will regroup and win-out.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back