We have to hire a new AD tomorrow

Which of these these attributes are the most important, if you had to choose one?

• Total voters
Wow, a 2011 link. It's like you've been in a wormhole timewarp.

OK. Find a more recent article or video with this much info, and I will post it up front. I guess I assumed most people on here would have a pretty good idea about AD's from the past 6 years.

Go back and read my (edited) OP. A lot of people are jumping to conclusions. I am simply asking the question for future purposes.

I think Fulmer has done a great job thus far as AD, but I would have had a totally opposite reaction had he hired Steele. I am not necessarily for or against Fulmer as AD. A lot of people need to stop having knee-jerk reactions. It's just a simple poll. No agenda here, except to have discussion about where we might look, when the time comes.

Battered Vol Syndrome in overdrive. Sheesh!

This poll is about as useful as a screen door in a submarine. I am fully convinced that half of our fanbase are idiots who set around barefoot, drinking rot gut whiskey and beating their **** with monkey wrenches. Please, for God's sake, ask your meth dealer to proof read your post before hitting the "post new thread" button.

Reactions: 1 person
This poll is about as useful as a screen door in a submarine. I am fully convinced that half of our fanbase are idiots who set around barefoot, drinking rot gut whiskey and beating their **** with monkey wrenches. Please, for God's sake, ask your meth dealer to proof read your post before hitting the "post new thread" button.

So, you are saying that the next time we hire an AD, it does not matter what their qualifications are? And we, as fans, should not have any input into the process?

OK.

I am so glad that we did not take that approach on the last Head Football Coach search. I think some people should just go back to the Gruden XXXXIV thread. Now, that was useful.

At least he didnÂ’t break the internet with his thread title like some joker did yesterday.

We all laugh at grammar Nazis, but this is the other end of that spectrum: an entire thread that makes zero sense because of really poor communication and logic skills.

So everyone go pat your local grammar Nazi on the head, just this once.

Last edited:
so........the way I figure it, you're campaigning for Dooley?
Banish him to the Pit of Misery!!!!

Dilly Dilly

so........the way I figure it, you're campaigning for Dooley?
Banish him to the Pit of Misery!!!!

Dilly Dilly

That is the funny thing. Most everyone assumes that I have a (barely) hidden agenda.

I am wondering: can we not simply discuss why we were so bad in so many sports for the last 10 years or so? Is it because we have had bean counters when we should have had someone who has run a football program before? Or is it more important that they are a VFL who cares about Tennessee? Maybe we have simply had bad luck in our hires.

At this point, however, I think it is one of the most important questions we should be asking. I am sorry if it brings up a lot of old - and new - wounds.

That is the funny thing. Most everyone assumes that I have a (barely) hidden agenda.

I am wondering: can we not simply discuss why we were so bad in so many sports for the last 10 years or so? Is it because we have had bean counters when we should have had someone who has run a football program before? Or is it more important that they are a VFL who cares about Tennessee? Maybe we have simply had bad luck in our hires.

At this point, however, I think it is one of the most important questions we should be asking. I am sorry if it brings up a lot of old - and new - wounds.

I havent read all this crap, but really man, you are talking about a hidden agenda. Were you really not aware an ad has already been hired?

I havent read all this crap, but really man, you are talking about a hidden agenda. Were you really not aware an ad has already been hired?

Yes. And are you aware that that someday we will have to hire another one, and I hope that we do better than we have done in the recent past.

How is this any less appropriate than talking about who/when we hire our next head coach (sometime, years from now)? There is tons of talk about that.

Does anyone happen to know how long Fulmer is going to be our AD? It is all hypothetical, but worthy of discussion in my opinion.

Yes. And are you aware that that someday we will have to hire another one, and I hope that we do better than we have done in the recent past.

How is this any less appropriate than talking about who/when we hire our next head coach (sometime, years from now)? There is tons of talk about that.

Does anyone happen to know how long Fulmer is going to be our AD? It is all hypothetical, but worthy of discussion in my opinion.

Perhaps you should change the title to something like "when we replace Fulmer" or something

blazing-saddles-160_zps8d4vox2t.jpg

Witch Doctor say RUN TO THE LIGHT! But if you have found a pill for selective sports amnesia, Witch Doctor want one.

BNL

Last edited:

VN Store

Back