We have our new AD so think on this...

Titan&Volfan4life

Our new AD and his family just happen to be very good friends with the Manning family.

YES, that Manning family so you can bet that our new AD has had calls of Congrats from all the Mannings and other things could have been discussed as well.

Is it possible that they talked about Arch Manning and the fact that he'll be going to college in the near future?

Could they have discussed what coach they'd like to see Arch play for?

Could they have said what QB coach they'd like to see mentor Arch?

Would Peyton consider being the OC/QB coach or even just the QB coach for 3 to 4 years while Arch plays for Tennessee?

We all know that having Peyton here as a coach would add instant credibility and draw massive interest from top recruits even if we do have a bowl ban for a year or two.

If there was ever a time that Tennessee needs all the help we can get NOW would be that time.

This is a huge dream but with the AD we now have and the families connections I choose to dream really big!

Hey Arch...Would you like to play in Neyland and get a degree from Tennessee?

VFL...GBO!!!

Zero chance PM coaches. He has a young family & millions of dollars.

Just how good a friends are the families? I mean come on the Whites are very very busy people with their jobs. I doubt they hardly know eachother

Reactions: beamerman
Peyton will not ever coach at Tennessee in my opinion. As soon as things don't go well the fans would turn on him just like they've done Fulmer.
Come on bro Fulmer has brought that on himself. Are UT fans crazy? Ya, but the constant politicking by that man has brought most of the hate towards him. It’s not like he’s some saint. He also was just now the AD that was in charge during the worst cheating scandal in UT history. It’s not like he hasn’t done anything wrong and people hate on him for no reason. Plenty of reasons to not like Phil.

Look into the younger years and you'll see that our new AD grew up near the Mannings and Peyton and Eli used to play together with our new AD and his brothers and sister.

Unless I was mislead that's a decades long family friendship.

I also said I was dreaming BIG so with our new AD, why not?

VFL...GBO!!!

I don’t think it would be for PM to be HFC....but if I was Tennessee I would certainly put the feelers out as to “who” the Manning’s and Arch would like to play for.

The PM as head football coach isn’t going to happen, but if OP is getting at this decision should be done with the courting of Arch Manning in mind....I’d be for that thought process.

Our new AD and his family just happen to be very good friends with the Manning family.

YES, that Manning family so you can bet that our new AD has had calls of Congrats from all the Mannings and other things could have been discussed as well.

Is it possible that they talked about Arch Manning and the fact that he'll be going to college in the near future?

Would Peyton consider being the OC/QB coach or even just the QB coach for 3 to 4 years while Arch plays for Tennessee?

We all know that having Peyton here as a coach would add instant credibility and draw massive interest from top recruits even if we do have a bowl ban for a year or two.

If there was ever a time that Tennessee needs all the help we can get NOW would be that time.

This is a huge dream but with the AD we now have and the families connections I choose to dream really big!

VFL...GBO!!!
I don't see Peyton coaching but I do see a connection with Danny White, Coach Cut and Arch Manning! Danny's father is Coach Cut's AD at Duke and he's retiring this year. Danny has been great friends with coach Cut for over 15 yrs. I don't think Coach Cut is the guy but that is a lot of connected Dots to consider. Stabilizing and very respected coach with Integrity. Plus throw in that Peyton is on the coach search committee!

Peyton will not ever coach at Tennessee in my opinion. As soon as things don't go well the fans would turn on him just like they've done Fulmer.
it has jack to do with that. He doesn't want to coach ANYWHERE. He is busy with big business, and owning franchises.
He doesn't have time to mettle about trying to coach full-time. He's busy turning his 100's of millions into Billions. Which is not easy. It took MJ 15 years after retirement to accomplish that.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM

VFL...GBO!!!
Ignore the Mannings they're Haslam enablers and puppets.

VFL...GBO!!!
LOL Gruden as coach and Peyton as QB coach again. Here we go! SOOOOONNNNN

VFL...GBO!!!
Nothing to think on - would never happen.

Reactions: Border Vol
Peyton always talked about how his dad stepped back and allowed his football coaches to coach. His dad knew his role was to be a great dad. I think Peyton would have a similar philosophy and just want to be a great uncle to Arch. Having Arch would actually lower the slim chances of Peyton coaching for us.

Peyton has said repeatedly that Arch will go where he wants, they're not going to pressure him into going to Ole Miss or Tennessee. I think he goes to Oklahoma myself

I don't see Peyton coaching but I do see a connection with Danny White, Coach Cut and Arch Manning! Danny's father is Coach Cut's AD at Duke and he's retiring this year. Danny has been great friends with coach Cut for over 15 yrs. I don't think Coach Cut is the guy but that is a lot of connected Dots to consider. Stabilizing and very respected coach with Integrity. Plus throw in that Peyton is on the coach search committee!
No just no - Manning, nor Cutcliff, nor ____________ , none are going to be under consideration by a real AD.

I’m sure the Mannings have lots of friends. I don’t see PM coaching. Again, I hope and pray we have learned our lesson and hire Gus. Of all the coaches available, he is by far the best qualified and motivated to beat Auburn, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia.

Come on bro Fulmer has brought that on himself. Are UT fans crazy? Ya, but the constant politicking by that man has brought most of the hate towards him. It’s not like he’s some saint. He also was just now the AD that was in charge during the worst cheating scandal in UT history. It’s not like he hasn’t done anything wrong and people hate on him for no reason. Plenty of reasons to not like Phil.
Wish I could like this more than once.

All of this.
It's time for new blood in Knoxville. The old guard is dead and gone. All the remains is stagnation, hence why we are where we are.

VN Store

Back