We got screwed

How many believe the call on Castles was appropriate? The announcers certainly did not.
That was a momentum/drive killer. As was the "kicked ball" by the ref. We score on either of those drives and it;s a different game.
And that's just two of 20 bad/missed calls.
I've seen you math before
Imma need to verify the other 18

How many believe the call on Castles was appropriate? The announcers certainly did not.
That was a momentum/drive killer. As was the "kicked ball" by the ref. We score on either of those drives and it;s a different game.
The missed holding in the end zone on Keyton was bad. Missed PI on Thorton was bad. ALL drive killers. That’s 3 potential TDs.

Honestly thought a few of our players and the refs put money on Florida. It's not going to be long before some sec players or refs are caught gambling. I guarantee you its happening now. Legalizing sports gambling has been a disaster for college football.

They’re both why we lost. Multiple things can be true.

But they aren't equal. Take care of what you can control so the refs aren't a factor; we didn't do that.

Also the refs have sucked for decades, and nothing is done about it so why do people ever assume it's going to get better. Your only option is to stop giving college footbal any money; otherwise they have no incentive to improve.

The announcers didn’t agree with most of the bs calls against the vols in the second half. Refs hardly called anything until the vols had momentum. It was obvious who they had money on this game lol

Reactions: luthervol
A repeat of the Peay Game.
We played poorly
The refs sucked. Several bad calls/non calls.
We have no control of the refs , but it’s about time to step up the play.
Or lose several more games

Refs were a pretty big reason. Even Herbie said the refs made bad calls. We played bad. But the refs made it MUCH harder in us. If you don’t admit that then you are being intentionally dumb.
But we could have dominated the entire second half if it wasn’t for those ******** calls. Yes we played a horrendous first half but Tennessee was the better team the second half. Refs didn’t allow UT to get momentum the entire second half.

Reactions: GUNTERSVOL
We lost because we have another coach that has glued himself to a ****** QB. Heupel sucks and we will be replacing him in two seasons. Yes, Heupel is a bad coach. He either can't design a game plan nico can execute, when every other team in the country can start a freshman QB.... or he is too stubborn to pull Milton. History with Hooker makes it look more like heupel simply won't pull Milton, which makes him stupid. Only a ****ing idiot starts Milton. No point in wasting your time trying to convince me it's not Milton's fault, it's the defense..... defense sucks but Milton is worse. He makes heupels offense literally useless. We simply have zero chance with Milton but with nico, he at least has the chance to improve. Plus he might not **** up the most basic QB tasks that Milton seems unable to do. God, heupel is pure garbage....

It was obvious we were the better team the second half but Florida got every call. I hope Napier swallows, he obviously promised them something. We will be okay, the coaching staff made adjustments at the half that showed we were the better team. Go vols and screw Florida up holding every damn play

The refs didn't help, but they aren't why we loss. Horrible QB, OL and Secondary play is why we lost.

Refs were a pretty big reason. Even Herbie said the refs made bad calls. We played bad. But the refs made it MUCH harder in us. If you don’t admit that then you are being intentionally dumb.
You’re right…. Bad calls happen every game, but they usually don’t directly impact the outcome. These did….calls that were made and calls that were not.

Refs certainly weren’t helping lol.. but if we had played with more effort in the first two quarters…so frustrating

We lost because we have another coach that has glued himself to a ****** QB. Heupel sucks and we will be replacing him in two seasons. Yes, Heupel is a bad coach. He either can't design a game plan nico can execute, when every other team in the country can start a freshman QB.... or he is too stubborn to pull Milton. History with Hooker makes it look more like heupel simply won't pull Milton, which makes him stupid. Only a ****ing idiot starts Milton. No point in wasting your time trying to convince me it's not Milton's fault, it's the defense..... defense sucks but Milton is worse. He makes heupels offense literally useless. We simply have zero chance with Milton but with nico, he at least has the chance to improve. Plus he might not **** up the most basic QB tasks that Milton seems unable to do. God, heupel is pure garbage....
Players are behind Milton. Change qb and team pissed. That’s the locker room debate. Players as fans split. Coach is frustrated cause it’s a no win. Some players think it’s a union job

Reactions: Lankykong
We got beat on both sides of the ball.... we lost the line of scrimmage on both sides, Florida was more physical and Florida was better coached. They attacked us and we didn't adjust quick enough.
Mays and Pili were missed.

Yes Yes Yes..................the Refs cost us the game. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
And how LONG has it been since UT beat UF in the swamp.........?

This losing streak at the Swamp may now be a mental problem for the Tennessee program along with the Florida running game gashing the defense.
I suspect 20 year old elite athletes don't give a fig about the past 20 years in the Swamp.
They weren't watching those games or invested.
It only becomes factor for us fans who have seen it all before at the Swamp, Tuscaloosa, and between the hedges too many times.
These players aren't thinking back past their Freshman seasons, or listening to stories fro the upper classmen at most.

I thought this team would break the streak.
Player leadership is lacking. The sideline looked dead as a doornail.

We played awful in the first half, but the officials killed any kind of hope in the second half. At the very least it could have been much more exciting at the end, if not a great comeback.

We played awful and the officiating was inexcusable. Both are true.

The refs said the illegal blindside was weak, but said in slow motion it really looked a lot worse.

Definitely missed some some holding, and pass interference. We probably got away with an OPI on the long touchdown. But they miss these kinda plays all the time.

Accidentally kicked the football on 4th and 1 and then had to fix it allowing Florida to substitute. But I honestly don’t think it would have mattered, it was a horrible play call.

The roughing the passer was just a stupid play, they even said as much. He shoulder checked him, and got called for it. Dumb play.

Jumping offsides on 4th and 1 was the dumbest play of the game for us. Everyone knew they weren’t gonna take the snap, and we still jumped. Announcers were laughing at how bad that was
The officiating in the SEC is and has been wildly inconsistent over the last, well forever. I'm not sure what the answer is but it's hard for me to believe a conference with the resources of the SEC can't go to full time officials that are constantly trained, held to a standard and become more consistent over time.

The officiating in the SEC is and has been wildly inconsistent over the last, well forever. I'm not sure what the answer is but it's hard for me to believe a conference with the resources of the SEC can't go to full time officials that are constantly trained, held to a standard and become more consistent over time.

Sankey doesn’t care as long as he’s bringing in money

VN Store

Back