We got a commit! Vols land GA OLB/DE Joshua Josephs

Other P5 offers: Arizona State, Auburn, Boston College, Duke, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, NC State, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Penn State, Pitt, Purdue, South Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Washington State, West Virginia

G5 offers: Buffalo, Memphis, UCF

giphy.gif

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
Uh huh and you probably believe we should be going head to head with UGA/Bama and winning. In a dream world that would be true but other than playing time we have nothing but hope to offer and that isn’t a winning strategy for most 4/5 star recruits. We are going to have to prove it on the field first

I do believe that Tennessee can compete with recruiting four and five star players. There is recent evidence for that. It’s sells itself. The question is whether CJH can recruit at that level. I’m not sure he can but I also don’t think he has to. He seems to be someone that can do more with less. Hopefully he doesn’t have to and that less becomes more. If this is the case, it’s going to be an amazing ride.

You don’t understand this fanbase though after year 2 or 3 of Heupel some fans won’t be happy finishing so far behind Georgia and Bama in recruiting and 8-5 seasons. They will expect a East title by 2024. Remember we ran a coach off here because a 8-4 record wasn’t good enough anymore
What coach did we run off with a 8-4 record?

Whatever happened to the " he is a 3 star, don't want " comments? I scrolled all of the way through the first page and did not see a single one. Volnation must be watching too much CNN or something.

Totally kidding. Glad he is a vol. Looks like a player. Welcome to Rocky Top young man!

You don’t understand this fanbase though after year 2 or 3 of Heupel some fans won’t be happy finishing so far behind Georgia and Bama in recruiting and 8-5 seasons. They will expect a East title by 2024. Remember we ran a coach off here because a 8-4 record wasn’t good enough anymore
That is a fair assessment. 8-4 isn’t good enough. If the record of results show a HC’s ceiling is 8-4, it’s time to move on. I will never be satisfied with 8-4. I might not even be satisfied with the way we win some games. The only reason we haven’t been firing coaches any faster is that too many thought that which ever one could learn and develop as a HC. None have since Fulmer.

I agree 8-4 will get you fired at Tennessee.

You are welcome to compare the instate talent between Tennessee and Georgia but that wouldn’t fit your argument
He took 10 of the top 15 in GA in that class. If Heupel could do the same thing here in TN we would be in great shape. As of today we don't have one. Maybe Stoops will take the LSU job. He has 3 of our top 15. As for Kirby he likes Tennessee's talent as he is getting our top running back from Murfreesboro. Saban is getting our top QB and Jimbo took our top player out of Knoxville Powell. Ohio St is taking our 2nd best rb (Aaron Hayden's son). Lots of talent here now. Things can still change and hoping they will. This would be the first year we didnt get one of our top 10 players to my knowledge. We must close the border.

VN Store

Back