We fired Butch Jones for this?

Jones won 7-6,9-4,9-4 then lost an NFL qb and had a bad season. Had some bad hires. But nothing is good enough for volnation right.

Reactions: BigOrangeVols
Pruitt may be fired in a few years, but the mentality you see out there oozes Jones own character.

Entirely false

Jones teams provided any 2nd half comebacks.

Never ever saw this many turnovers duringg Jones years. Well other than the PeeWee team my son played made several in a game.

Youā€™re totally right, Iā€™m totally distraught that we no longer are Champions of Life, that matters so much more than a fresh start and an attempt to put Tennessee on the road to maybe, actually, being a competent program again.

To be fair, they fired Jones so they could hire Schiano. Not that he'd be any better.....
I think having a proven HC is better than an assistant at a big program. He would have had the team in the correct type of play calling and wouldn't panic.

B*tch recruited a bunch of show ponies. No player development. Took a year off in S&C snd we have never recovered. His failure to recruit SEC talent on the line because they didnā€™t fit his ā€œinfallible offenseā€ Put it altogether and the result is what you see on the field. It will take 2-3 years to recruit and develop out of this hole. I think an offensive genius would have gotten us wins quicker, but we donā€™t need a flash in the pan approach

There are so many different position groups under-performing in this game, that this is difficult for me to pin this debacle on anyone but one person. I know it's only one SEC game, but sheesh, this is as truly bad as it gets. The buck stops with him. We were massively unprepared tonight.

VN Store

Back