We finished with a better record than Florida.

Assuming that I give your posts enough credit such that they would offend, flatter, or cause any emotion of any nature is the height of folly, but that shoe certainly fits.

Ideally, you'd add me to your ignore list and snivel to others about your weak beliefs about the course of Tennessee football.

Don't know if there was one.

Just another long day of defending the Vols in the presence of some Gator-loving Vol Nation posters which appears to be winding down in a dramatic realization that some so devoted to Gator worshipping would go as far as to admit they don't like being called Gators.

If that's the team one likes the most, why root for the Vols? That's been one of my points, today.

Happy New Year to All!
I just can't believe I debated with someone that has no rational thought, and is delusional enough to believe that the Gators are done. You have to give credit where it is due. Sure, UM didn't have a great season but he has won a SECC and NC in his short stint as head coach.

Ideally, you'd add me to your ignore list and snivel to others about your weak beliefs about the course of Tennessee football.
How are my beliefs weak? I'd say I'm equally headstrong in mine as you are delusional in yours (and that's a lot).

And we do.

I think that the youth factor this year has a lot to do with the topsy turvy nature of how teams have been able to look so good one weekend and so awful the next.

Florida looked like world beaters on 9/15 against UT and yesterday against Michigan looked like a team that would struggle to go .500 in the SEC. UT looked like they in fact wouldn't go .500 in the SEC back on 9/15, but by UGA had improved markedly.

All three traditional teams that rule the SECE had significant youth issues this year. All three bring back a lot of good players with more time to mature and improve and prepare for '08.

I would expect all three to be in the Top 20 and certainly UGA probably Top 5. Florida, after yesterday, I'm thinking that's going to hurt and we are probably just outside the Top 5 preseason. I know I said a week ago we were a contender for preseason #1. After what I saw yesterday (I just can't get over how bad our corners are) I am disabused of that notion.

UT, the line play should be better, particularly on offense. Running game ought to be better in a lot of respects. QB and WR are the issue.

Right now, I think you have ot make UGA the favorite to win the SECE next year. But, both UF and UT are certainly in a position to have something to say about that.

This seems like a fairly accurate assessment to me. Your other post re UT expectations, I do differ on. On a previous thread pertaining to that issue, my minimal standards were no less than 9 reg. season wins, bowl game every year, BCS 3/5, SEC east3/5, Chmp 2/5, NC game 1/5 win 1/10. I don't think these are too high to meet if we wish to be where we should be.

Do you consider yourself the center of Vol Nation? Get a grip on your ego. Your message is old and outdated.
then take some of your own inane advice and place me on the ignore list. then I shan't be the center of your VolNation existence.

If I were spewing forth your drivel, I'd probably lay off of the messages of everyone else, barring none.

Finally, your efforts to be offensive are failing as badly as your completely fake rah, rah Phil garbage. Maybe you should consider giving that a break.

then take some of your own inane advice and place me on the ignore list. then I shan't be the center of your VolNation existence.

If I were spewing forth your drivel, I'd probably lay off of the messages of everyone else, barring none.

Shouldnt you be out on a ledge somewhere?

I love cat fights!

Cat-Fight.jpg

This seems like a fairly accurate assessment to me. Your other post re UT expectations, I do differ on. On a previous thread pertaining to that issue, my minimal standards were no less than 9 reg. season wins, bowl game every year, BCS 3/5, SEC east3/5, Chmp 2/5, NC game 1/5 win 1/10. I don't think these are too high to meet if we wish to be where we should be.

Getting to a BCS game 3 out of 5 years, winning the SEC 2 out of 5 years, and getting to the national title game once every five years is, in my opinion, too lofty for just about anyone other than USC these days.

The only team I can think of in recent memory with that kind of expectation level being met (other than the aforementioned USC) is maybe FSU.

And look what happened to them!

Getting to a BCS game 3 out of 5 years, winning the SEC 2 out of 5 years, and getting to the national title game once every five years is, in my opinion, too lofty for just about anyone other than USC these days.

The only team I can think of in recent memory with that kind of expectation level being met (other than the aforementioned USC) is maybe FSU.

HEY, dont bring your rationality to our board!!

Since when is being an elite program rational?

The goal should always be to a point out of reach so that you constantly strive to get better!

That's the great thing about college football. You can have any expectations, no matter how realistic they are. What else would we talk about in the offseason? I would say nothing if we had a playoff but people would still complain about a 10 win season.

VN Store

Back