We don't win tonight without Josiah and Santiago

Santiago has taken a lot of crap for not taking as many jump shots, yet he still has a role on this team.

Dude plays defense and hustles hard.
Dude was drawing up plays in the last two minutes on the sideline. Everyone needs a Santi, JJJ, & Shack in these gut check games. Proud of all these guys and CRB as well. He gets it all out of them and they respect him in return.

We don’t win without Gainey carrying the load in the first half

OK--but he's supposed to be a shooter, and he's essentially not been a shooter all season. I think he's had maybe two good shooting games all season. He was 0-6 from the 3-line tonight. Most of the team was bad from the Trey line tonight--12 of 40. That's too many threes. But we toughed out a big win, played well when we had to.

Reactions: papatomany
Hey Gainey played well in the first half too.
Some dude called in the Garza post game saying BJ Edwards is better. That goober Philly agreed. BJ Edwards played the same minutes today against an 11-18 team and had two points and 3 turnovers. I got mad at Gainey some too, but saying Edwards should still be here getting his minutes is all time stupidity. He’s averaging 3 ppg at SMU.

Reactions: VolBalls33
OK--but he's supposed to be a shooter, and he's essentially not been a shooter all season. I think he's had maybe two good shooting games all season. He was 0-6 from the 3-line tonight. Most of the team was bad from the Trey line tonight--12 of 40. That's too many threes. But we toughed out a big win, played well when we had to.
Yeah, I was so excited after that opening game versus Mich. St, but he has mostly been cold from three since then.

Seems I recall many folks have been slamming Josiah badly. Alot on Santiago also. Just not as bad on Josiah. Yes inconsistent for sure,but oh those intangibles. The negative ninnies will have to eat some Crow if humble enough to fessup .Go BIG ORANGE! GO VOLS!

Reactions: 67Vol
Great team win. They could have folded the tents and taken a loss. Mashack is some kind of hustler and never gives up on a play. Vescovi made some big plays. JJJ did everything that is needed to win the games as a major/complimentary team player. Just a great win from A to Z.

I cringe when he comes in. His defense has improved from horrific to decent, and his effort is good, but he's still the worst player on the floor every time he's out there. Tonight he had a couple of good drives and a couple of nice effort plays, and my son and I were yelling at the tv, "Yes! Now get him out before he reverts to form!" We didn't, and he did

This was a game where literally everyone who played double-digit minutes gave you something and impacted the game in a meaningful way. Having said that, JJJ was the player of the game imo with special mentions to Mashack and Santi.

Even though Knetch didnt score his average, his presence on the floor drew enough attention to get the other guys shots. They showed a graphic late in the game that said Tennessee was +14 when he was in the game and -12 when he was out. JJJ, Vescovi, Mashack, Zeigler and Gainey all made crucial plays.

VN Store

Back