We could have easily been on our way to Atlanta now

OldHickoryOrange

we would played memphis for a shot at the final 4, and everyone knows how the first one played out. I can't help but feeling that we missed the boat bigtime here.

we did, we'll never have as good a shot as we did this tournament.

do you seriously believe that with 8 players that saw significant minutes returning, we won't have a better shot of making it next year? you know, when the freshmen have more experience. sorry, but i think you are crazy. we will be in the final four next year, and there are others that think that

I would not place any money down on our appearance in the 2008 Final Four, just yet. However, we will have a better team, on paper, next year than we have had in about the entire history of UT Basketball.

It's not always the best teams that make the Final Four. While we should be better next year, I have a hard time thinking it will get much better than having a 20 pt lead in the third round of the tournament, with Memphis our only remaining obstacle to get to the Final Four. I can't help but think we blew it big time this year.

It's not always the best teams that make the Final Four. While we should be better next year, I have a hard time thinking it will get much better than having a 20 pt lead in the third round of the tournament, with Memphis our only remaining obstacle to get to the Final Four. I can't help but think we blew it big time this year.

if we were that good, we wouldn't have blown a 20 pt lead. you guys can get mad at me for saying that, but face it, ohio st. woke up in the second half.

if we were that good, we wouldn't have blown a 20 pt lead. you guys can get mad at me for saying that, but face it, ohio st. woke up in the second half.

i agree with you. had we been great, we wouldn't have blown it. regardless, we blew as good a scenario as we could've asked for--20 pt lead, memphis as our opponent to make it to Final Four.

i don't know that we would have beat memphis, don't get me wrong, i would have liked the opportunity, and would have much rather played memphis than texas a&m, but a lot of people are talking like it's a foregone conclusion that we would have beat the tigers. i submit to you that it wasn't

After the loss to UNC in 2000, I wondered if we'd ever get another chance like that (something like a 7-8 point lead with 6-7 minutes to go after their center fouled out). And, I thought we had the best team in school history on paper for 2000-01. We know how that turned out, so nothing is for certain. Talent-wise, the 2000-01 team had more of it than the 2007-08 team will, but the team chemistry and coaching on next year's team will be far superior to 2001.

we did, we'll never have as good a shot as we did this tournament.

Never that is strong Statement. Glad you are not coaching. Right now we are paying dues. CBP Second year and we have been eliminated in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. There will be better shots. What makes a good shot is expections. We had a better shot last year and blew it. We need to grow up first. Games like OSU build programs.

Go ye Might Gators!

I am quite nervous about this game. I know nothing of Oregon. If the Gators cannot get themselves motivated to play a full 40 minutes with a Final Four spot on the line, nothing is going to get them to play inspired.

all i'm hearing is COULD'VE WOULD'VE SHOULD'VE...but guess what? we DIDN'T....there's no poitn in speculating what could have been a fantastic year for tennessee basketball...nontheless it was still a great year...noone would have thought we would go to the sweet 16 with this team...yes we did blow a 20 pt lead, but there's nothing we can do about it now....so let's move on to next year:rock:

Is it a requirement that to be a Tennessee fan you must completely lose all sense of perspective?

Go ye Might Gators!

I am quite nervous about this game. I know nothing of Oregon. If the Gators cannot get themselves motivated to play a full 40 minutes with a Final Four spot on the line, nothing is going to get them to play inspired.

Oregon is Tennessee Lite, IMO.

VN Store

Back