We Can Only Hope

Tom Fornelli: Tennessee over Alabama
Date: Saturday, Oct. 24

I am a firm believer that Tennessee is going to get somebody this season. I don't think Jeremy Pruitt has done enough with the program to consider the Vols a legit contender in the SEC East yet, but they've reached a level where at least one upset should be expected. There are certainly plenty of chances, too, as the Vols play Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama and Georgia this coming season. Well, if you're going big-game hunting, you might as well go for the biggest prize of them all. Tennessee is beating Alabama this year. It's happening! That third Saturday in October is going to see a Tennessee win over the Tide for the first time since 2006 (Nick Saban took over in 2007).

This year, things set up very well for the Vols. Not only are they playing the game in Knoxville, but Tennessee has a bye the week before. Alabama does not. Alabama's game against Tennessee will be its eighth contest in as many weeks. It will also be Alabama's third road game in four weeks. All the ingredients are there for a major Tennessee upset, so don't forget who told you it was going to happen five months ahead of time.

I'm down.

I'll have what this guy is having. Don't know if it will be Bama, but our OL and D this year should keep us in some games. I think many of the preseason picks are not really looking at the talent potential. If our D holds serve, and OL is as expected for run blocking, and we get "average SEC QB play", 8 wins will not be a problem...alot of IF's though, but guess there is for everyone...UGA has plenty of talent, but have to break in a new QB and return just one on OL, and, as we well know, sometimes, the OL takes time to gel...though their D will be legit.

I’ve always said Tennessee would beat Bama before they’d ever beat Florida again.

The OL could be as good as anyone in the country.QB-RB-WR-TE are good enough to get production.QB is the key as usual.If the qb plays at a high level the sky is the limit.

If we don't get some consistent QB play it could be a disappointing season. Unlike some recent seasons though we have a plethora of QBs to choose from and a stable of running backs and a potentially all-star OL and a stingy defense. GBO.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back