We can beat VU and UK by doing what AU did to us.

I had a dream two nights ago that Dobbs didn't throw a touchdown for his third straight game thus weekend. I woke up and realized it had to be a dream because we have a bye. Thank the stars

Butch is 9-1 all time coming off the bye week (see South Carolina game). We will beat both teams and make it too a bowl (said with crossed fingers).

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs needs a little more touch on the deep ball. That's my only critique

He has to learn to hit his check downs quicker. Several times he has had a receiver open underneath or in the flat but he never sees them before pressure gets to him or the defense reacts to the open man. 5 yards on 2nd & 8 is a good play.

Things like that just take some time and experience.

Reactions: 1 person
He has to learn to hit his check downs quicker. Several times he has had a receiver open underneath or in the flat but he never sees them before pressure gets to him or the defense reacts to the open man. 5 yards on 2nd & 8 is a good play.

He isn't allowed to check down by himself.

He just needs the same angle that we are watching the game from on TV..he will see that open receiver real fast!

I cut Dobbs some slack because he hasn't had as much time throwing to the receivers as Worley and Dobbs accuracy is a little better than Worley. With that being said though our receivers aren't cutting them any slack with the drops need some pine tar on those gloves boys.

This is what i mean. Worley had more time with them. And he wasn't that bad, so that wasn't me busting his chops.

I think the running game is key for beating Vandy and UK. They don't have the horses to stop Neal and Lane. We put up over 100 yards rushing on Alabama, there should be no trouble putting up double that on each team. We need to run at least 30-40 times against Vandy. The running game would help Dobbs out immensely and open up lanes for the passing game.

I say give the rock to Neal and Lane 20 times each and let our big O line do their job. There is no worry whatsoever about Vandy putting up monster AU like numbers on us. If anybody actually thinks VU or UK can put up those kind of rushing yards are deluded. Neither team has anything near a Tre Mason or Nick Marshall. Yeldon and Drake only had 161 rushing yards against us. Neither VU nor UK has anything near those guys either.

Candy game is the last time for Seniors to play at Neyland. I fully expect us to run the score up on them.

This is what i mean. Worley had more time with them. And he wasn't that bad, so that wasn't me busting his chops.

The reason why people aren't cutting him slack he had all summer to get the timing down and not throw at their feet behind them or over their heads I cut him slack on the drops it the passes that were now where near a receiver that were driving me nuts at the beginning of the season. He was getting better before his thumb injury.

Why are we acting like Vandy and UK are powerhouses? We have lost to Missouri, Bama, Auburn, teams with better talent level. Vandy and UK are no where near that category.

Dobbs needs a little more touch on the deep ball. That's my only critique

I by family have to watch alot of Miss. State football. Not a fan but don't hate on em. Dobbs reminds me of a lot of MSU QB's over the years. Run good but not great is good on short quick passes but cannot strech the field on the deep ball. (about their QB's)Bulldog fans keep saying he's gonna be great when he gets his long ball down and works on his timing with receivers but it seems they have had a revolving door at QB for years. Hope Dobbs gets it done unlike my Bulldog relatives teams. To get this turned around Dobbs or Ferg need to be good to very good QB's.

VN Store

Back