We can beat Mississippi St.

The Original Fade

Am I the only one that thinks we could very well win this weekend? Maurer will only get better and more confident, he threw for 259 2/1 against one of the best defenses in the country so no reason to think we won’t be even better against MSU. Our D is suspect but MSU doesn’t scare me offensively. In fact, MSU doesn’t scare me that much period. They beat up on their cupcakes, lost to a pedestrian Kansas State, was unimpressive vs a bad Kentucky team, and absolutely got destroyed against Auburn. Tell me I’m crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
That thinks we could very well win this weekend? Maurer will only get better and more confident, he threw for 259 2/1 against one of the best defenses in the country so no reason to think we won’t be even better against MSU. Our D is suspect but MSU doesn’t scare me offensively. In fact, MSU doesn’t scare me that much period. They beat up on their cupcakes, lost to a pedestrian Kansas State, was unimpressive vs a bad Kentucky team, and absolutely got destroyed against Auburn. Tell me I’m crazy.
Your crazy......but I am right there with ya!!

Lol you’ve seen these boards.....nope your not the only one.

There’s 10,000 of you
And like 50 of me who thinks MSU is going to run it down Tennessee’s throat.
You probably right....but c'mon man play along!! Lol

Lol you’ve seen these boards.....nope your not the only one.

There’s 10,000 of you
And like 50 of me who thinks MSU is going to run it down Tennessee’s throat.

Auburn held them to 118 yds on the ground. MSU is getting their yards on the ground against bad defenses. I know our isn’t great but if you can force them to throw the ball then I think we can be effective on D

That thinks we could very well win this weekend? Maurer will only get better and more confident, he threw for 259 2/1 against one of the best defenses in the country so no reason to think we won’t be even better against MSU. Our D is suspect but MSU doesn’t scare me offensively. In fact, MSU doesn’t scare me that much period. They beat up on their cupcakes, lost to a pedestrian Kansas State, was unimpressive vs a bad Kentucky team, and absolutely got destroyed against Auburn. Tell me I’m crazy.

I’ll see your pedestrian KState and raise you a pathetic GaState.

You guys do realize that State scores over 30 per, runs over 200 per and has beaten 3 FBS teams......right.

Not saying Tennessee can’t win, but dang.....no O (30+) and beating up on cupcakes?......Tennessee’s only win is vs an FCS team.

Reactions: albedo33
Auburn held them to 118 yds on the ground. MSU is getting their yards on the ground against bad defenses. I know our isn’t great but if you can force them to throw the ball then I think we can be effective on D

I like your reasoning.

But Tennessee certainly has way more to “prove” than does MSU (as far as being able to get it done)

No, you're not the only one. I think we win.

Reactions: The Original Fade
We’re a different team with Maurer

I agree

However for me I think it’s asking a LOT (maybe too much) for a young freshman. I mean if Tennessee “is” going to win it will almost have to be via him (Tennessee is still struggling) and he probably still needs more time to grow.

But you never know. Hope your right and I’m wrong.

I agree

However for me I think it’s asking a LOT (maybe too much) for a young freshman. I mean if Tennessee “is” going to win it will almost have to be via him (Tennessee is still struggling) and he probably still needs more time to grow.

But you never know. Hope your right and I’m wrong.
You are wrong colonel Sanders!

* I hope😄

Lol. This game wont be close. At Neyland with new life....word travels fast, Maurer has Injected life into this team and fan base. NEYLAND WILL BE ROCKING, 18+ point win for the Volunteers.

VN Store

Back