We blew a 25 point lead?

Lack of offensive aggression. Sloppy passing. Not rotating quickly on defense. Refs......enough said. Survive and advance. Next!
tennessee vs iowa basketball - Google Search
You know if your 35 games into a season and still bitching about the refs you may want to look in the mirror. It’s not them. It’s us. Bad calls happen to every team. We foul a crap load. It almost caused us to get bounced today. I mean KA is a walking foul machine. And in this game we got away with some late. Including one of grants blocks.

Take it for what it is. This is the way this team wins the 2nd half of the season. Admiral is laughing like always! Relax and enjoy it until next weekend.

Reactions: wlkx
As usual, refs can't call a consistent game. Anything goes in the first half and then TN gets key players quickly in foul trouble in the second. The double foul with Fulkerson was ridiculous as was the one where Iowa pushes Kyle about 3 feet away and then jumps into him when he returns and is gifted a basket plus one. Then Turner whiffs on his foul on the 3-point shooter. Meanwhile TN gets molested (clutch, grab, and push) on every possession. Same sh!t, different day. It's been the pattern all year. I'm amazed we've managed to pull out 30 wins. At least they swallowed their whistles when Grant tied up the Iowa shooter near the end. They could have called that a foul. Can't remember if it was after the phantom foul on Turner... maybe a makeup.

The ref standing 3 ft from shooter signaled a block shot , the other ref about 50' from shooter signal foul on Turner , they all miss calls but from 3 min start 2nd half
it looked like they had lot money on Hawkeyes they suck the life from fans who want watch game not 3 zebras with a whistle. yes Vols turned ball over about 3 times
more than usual but refs are helping and players stand around get timid don't know what is going be called , finally GO VOLS...…………...………...

Reactions: 1985Vols and wlkx
Reactions: lynnh
Well for one thing, CRB doesn’t like to call a timeout when the other team goes on a big run. He wants the team to settle itself down. I think this has hurt us in several games where we have had a large lead and then the other team comes all the way back. I don’t care how experienced the team is, they need a timeout during these things to calm down and reset. If I’m not mistaken, we ended regulation with 2 timeouts left, so I don’t think it would hurt to have used one of them during Iowa’s big run.

You know if your 35 games into a season and still bitching about the refs you may want to look in the mirror. It’s not them. It’s us. Bad calls happen to every team. We foul a crap load. It almost caused us to get bounced today. I mean KA is a walking foul machine. And in this game we got away with some late. Including one of grants blocks.

I watched this game with my two sons. Both said "If I was a Iowa fan, I'd be pissed". Grant clearly hit the guys wrist.

But then.. LaMonte late in the game gets a clean block beyond the arc, one that would have been an easy layup, and is called for a 3 free-throw foul. So yes Bad calls happen to every team.

Maybe it's Battered Vol Syndrome hangover from Football, but didn't YOU cringe when they said "If Iowa overcomes this deficit, it'll be the biggest comeback in NCAA tournament history". Of course my VOLS would be right there with a record like that. Translate to laymens terms: "Biggest choke in NCAA tournament history". Thank God we won.

My strong suspicion is that Barnes, Schofield and Williams will prevent this kind of second half from this point forward, lesson learned!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
My strong suspicion is that Barnes, Schofield and Williams will prevent this kind of second half from this point forward, lesson learned!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I almost almost almost wanna say that I'll feel more comfortable against Purdue if we're up by a couple points at the half or even trail by 1 or 2 than to go in with a double digit lead. Crazy? Maybe, but I really think we will tend to play a better 2nd half if we're feeling some pressure.

We won. Don’t care. 😴
We won and I care and I'm sure CRB cares as well. These dead zones our players enter just about each and every game need to STOP. Yes we won and I'm gleeful as all get out but this needs to be addressed because from here on in, we won't survive any more turnover infested scoring droughts.

Awful 3 point foul which was 5 point swing
Terrible screener double foul call
Lane violation where it looks like a push
Williams foul on a pass which somehow resulted in foul shots?
2 phantom lane violations

Did I miss anything?

We won and I care and I'm sure CRB cares as well. These dead zones our players enter just about each and every game need to STOP. Yes we won and I'm gleeful as all get out but this needs to be addressed because from here on in, we won't survive any more turnover infested scoring droughts.
You think it’s escaped his attention? All season long? Coaches win and move on to the next game. He’ll prolly get around to addressing scoring and turnovers and shizz.

Well for one thing, CRB doesn’t like to call a timeout when the other team goes on a big run. He wants the team to settle itself down. I think this has hurt us in several games where we have had a large lead and then the other team comes all the way back. I don’t care how experienced the team is, they need a timeout during these things to calm down and reset. If I’m not mistaken, we ended regulation with 2 timeouts left, so I don’t think it would hurt to have used one of them during Iowa’s big run.

You're mistaken. TN had one TO left at the end of regulation. They got a 2nd one added going into OT.

Huge momentum play with bogus foul call on Turner after blocking cleanly a 3-point attempt and resulting runout was a 5 point swing due to poor officiating. Still the Vols' lazy passes, sloppy ball handling in second half opened the door for the upset. Vols came up big in overtime with clutch play so that may be a good omen moving forward. Iowa did not look like the same team in the second half but neither did Tennessee.

Man this Duke - UCF game is a barn burner!

And the duke fans say, “we never got a 25 point lead” on a non power 5 team to boot. All about perspective

Wow! You bit on the refs out of all of that........Sloppy ball-handling, slow switching off, boneheaded plays. They hit more free throws than we attempted. Oh, and the refs called the 2nd half alot closer than the first, for both teams. Refs were inconsistent, at best. Just foaming at the mouth to rip someone a new ass?

I did not get to see the game but I did see on ESPN that we won but blew a 25 point lead. How on earth did this veteran team do that? Thanks
Who the **** cares? They were good enough to build a 25 point lead and shot the ball well.

We finished the game and won with one of our stars on the bench, this was a team win.

Reactions: lynnh

VN Store

Back