We beat Florida 2 years after our program arguably hit rock bottom

volbound1700

With a team that saw most its star players transfer away and was thin on depth and talent.

I don't care about our defense choking. It was bad, I agree but we beat Florida. Let that sink in.

We are 4-0 and could possibly be looking at being 5-0 going into Alabama...

I cannot be more ecstatic.

Coaching difference

Yeah, I still hear a lot of backlash about our defense and it was bad, I won't lie. Poor defensive play (notably on 4th down) kept Florida in the game but we are way ahead of schedule with Josh Heupel. Also check out our current recruiting class, we might be able to flip even more players after this 4-0 start.

Yeah, I still hear a lot of backlash about our defense and it was bad, I won't lie. Poor defensive play (notably on 4th down) kept Florida in the game but we are way ahead of schedule with Josh Heupel. Also check out our current recruiting class, we might be able to flip even more players after this 4-0 start.
We were calling the right plays on defense, we just couldn't get any pass rush in there at all.

Reactions: Stephen Gray
can’t give enough credit to Heupel. Also can’t help but think that the transfer portal has also been our friend in rebuilding the roster quicker than previous regimes.

I think it was easier to fix the offense than defense for Heupel hence why our offense looks spectacular while the defense is still struggling. I think we are still missing pieces in the secondary, linebacking core, and even offensive line (although that unit is getting better).

With a team that saw most its star players transfer away and was thin on depth and talent.

I don't care about our defense choking. It was bad, I agree but we beat Florida. Let that sink in.

No question the defense has to improve but we also had to win without our best offensive weapon. That ain’t bad either. Unlike a number of numb skulls I’ve seen on here, I’m not going to let the struggles take away the joy of the win.

Florida’s offensive line choked on the last play or our defense put pressure on their QB creating the pick.

Reactions: CornDontGrow
feel like CJH could be worlds best madden player lol. The offense is that of a video game

We were calling the right plays on defense, we just couldn't get any pass rush in there at all.

Eh, we pressured AR quite a bit, he's just a slippery sumbitch

Not saying it couldn't have been better, it absolutely could have, but we flushed the SOB from the pocket more often than not, was my perception (now I have to go and count )

Keyshawn Lawrence should have stayed, and we could really use him. I saw what happened to them today. Kinda feels good to see OU lose.

can’t give enough credit to Heupel. Also can’t help but think that the transfer portal has also been our friend in rebuilding the roster quicker than previous regimes.
I bet players saw that atmosphere and we get even more transfers on defense before next season.

Reactions: leftygray

Everybody else has the portal also. And Tennessee has been limited somewhat due to the restrictions self imposed. Next year, they’ll have more transfers at key positions.

Last edited:
Reactions: CSVol

It’s always survive and advance in the SEC. Honestly after the onside kick, I looked at my brother and said “here we go again”….

Yesterday was nothing more than MENTAL WIN for Heupel, Tennessee, and this fan base.

We all hoped 2016 was turning the corner in the rivalry only to flop the rest of the season. I feel we are in the same spot but we are obviously set up to keep inching forward based on Milton having years left.

I’m crazy but I full expect us to be undefeated when Bama comes to town. A bye week going into LSU should bode well for us.

VN Store

Back