We Beat Bama in 2014

I think there's a polarized set of views here.

First, there is a very big difference between saying that UT can beat Florida and predicting a guaranteed massive victory because the game is in Knoxville and because our coaches are supposedly better.

Secondly, you cant say that UT will never beat Florida. You should say that UT CAN beat Florida, but most likely will not. This should be the correct line of thinking until UT actually wins more than one game in a row against Florida. That's not embarrasing, it's just reality. UT made it a reality, so they have to lie in the bed that they made.

Well said. I'm obviously dealing in hyperbole when I say UT can't beat UF, will never beat UF in my lifetime, etc. I'm a little frustrated in trying to understand the futility vs Florida. Of course we CAN beat Florida. But like you said, it's foolish to predict a certain, even an easy or massive victory vs Florida given the more than recent history of "looses" as some like to say in here.

OU will be a sure-fire litmus test, with the Vols building from that one, win OR lose. Being that its in Norman, it should be a bit too tough to overcome. FU won't defy the odds forever, and my ONLY prediction is that they won't achieve a double digit run on UT. We'll beat 'em in K-Town this fall. Bama's breaking in a new qb and the talent level's catching up with them in the SEC. Their western neighbors will beat them up more than usual and, just like FU's 9-0 streak against the Vols, all "good" things must come to an end. Kiffin will prove to be a giant mistake for Saban.....mark that one down. As for the ubiquitous nay sayers: Flies get into the most elegant of buildings. Too bad so many of you are on this classier-than-the-rest site. Maybe y'all should return to GVX and do your best Jeff Flowers act. For myself: I'll stick to whomever Coach Jones sticks in there and remain optimistic about UT football.

Bama's breaking in a new qb and the talent level's catching up with them in the SEC. Their western neighbors will beat them up more than usual and, just like FU's 9-0 streak against the Vols, all "good" things must come to an end.

1. How'd Bama do the last two times we broke in a new QB?

2. The best of our Western opponents come after we play UT.

1. How'd Bama do the last two times we broke in a new QB?

It's not my general policy to address trolls, but this one is too easy.

1. You've gotta' mean 4 years ago while UT's coaching tsunami was hitting the shore. McCarron's won more games as bammer's qb than any of their other players. Who've Saban got to replace him? Sims? Morris? Some unnamed freshman? Geeeeesh. McCarron had a far easier time of it than the still unselected newby will.

2. The gators admittedly have a leadership dearth in Gainesville at this point, but they've got some mighty big fella's who'll add some bruises, and do you think Ole Miss, AR, and------just a week before your boys make it up to Knoxville, TAMU are going to be a pushover? They've got some studs who'll keep the bammer first teamers off the bench. Pleeeeeeeeeeze! As I stated: The talent level, particularly in the SECw, has evened up considerably the last couple of years. No way will bammer avoid losing at least two games------maybe more.

BTW: You've left out the Kiff factor. There's one bad apple that'll not only spoil the rest of the barrel; it'll stink up all of Tuscalooser. You're rollin' away tidester! Now. Go away troll.
:bash:

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know bout ya'll but I would rather finally end the streak against Florida this year. That streak is really starting to piss this Vols fan off. Cannot take it anymore.

Beat a 5-7 team, lose to Bama if we must. But anything can happen.

GBO!

1. You've gotta' mean 4 years ago while UT's coaching tsunami was hitting the shore. McCarron's won more games as bammer's qb than any of their other players. Who've Saban got to replace him? Sims? Morris? Some unnamed freshman? Geeeeesh. McCarron had a far easier time of it than the still unselected newby will.

The same thing was said after JP Wilson left. Result: 14-0 National Championship.

The same thing was said after Greg McElroy left. Result: 12-1 National Championship.

Bama has Sims, Morris, Bateman, Cornwell, and Coker competing for the job. We'll be okay.

2. The gators admittedly have a leadership dearth in Gainesville at this point, but they've got some mighty big fella's who'll add some bruises,

Those same big fellas will be adding bruises to Tennessee 2 weeks after they play Bama. So, at best, that's a wash as far as softening up the Tide for Tennessee.

and do you think Ole Miss

Maybe I have a skewed perspective, and I'm unable to rationalize this properly. But I'm 30 years old. In my 30 years on this earth, Alabama has played Ole Miss 25 times for a record of 22-3. 2 of those Ole Miss wins came with Eli Manning at QB. Ole Miss is to me what Kentucky is to you. It is impossible for me to concern myself with them. Should I? Maybe. But I can't.

The last two meeting between Alabama and Arkansas, combined score: Alabama 104 - Arkansas 0.

and------just a week before your boys make it up to Knoxville, TAMU

A&M isn't exactly a physical team. And they are losing way more important pieces than Bama is. They also have one of the worst defenses in all of football. They could win, but I'm not worried about the bumps and bruises that may come from that game.

As I stated: The talent level, particularly in the SECw, has evened up considerably the last couple of years. No way will bammer avoid losing at least two games------maybe more.

Bama has lost two or more regular season games once in the past 6 seasons. Things could certainly change this year, but you're simply hoping against the trend.

BTW: You've left out the Kiff factor. There's one bad apple that'll not only spoil the rest of the barrel; it'll stink up all of Tuscalooser. You're rollin' away tidester! :bash:

Do you honestly think that Bama's suddenly going to be running a different system this year? We aren't installing Kiffin's offense. He's there to coach QBs and call plays from Saban's playbook. If Saban doesn't like how Kiffin is calling plays, then Kiffin either makes changes, or he loses the responsibility. You act like we hired Kiffin as Saban's replacement, and that's simply not the case.

Reactions: 3 people
The same thing was said after JP Wilson left. Result: 14-0 National Championship.

The same thing was said after Greg McElroy left. Result: 12-1 National Championship.

Bama has Sims, Morris, Bateman, Cornwell, and Coker competing for the job. We'll be okay.

Those same big fellas will be adding bruises to Tennessee 2 weeks after they play Bama. So, at best, that's a wash as far as softening up the Tide for Tennessee.

Maybe I have a skewed perspective, and I'm unable to rationalize this properly. But I'm 30 years old. In my 30 years on this earth, Alabama has played Ole Miss 25 times for a record of 22-3. 2 of those Ole Miss wins came with Eli Manning at QB. Ole Miss is to me what Kentucky is to you. It is impossible for me to concern myself with them. Should I? Maybe. But I can't.

The last two meeting between Alabama and Arkansas, combined score: Alabama 104 - Arkansas 0.

A&M isn't exactly a physical team. And they are losing way more important pieces than Bama is. They also have one of the worst defenses in all of football. They could win, but I'm not worried about the bumps and bruises that may come from that game.

Bama has lost two or more regular season games once in the past 6 seasons. Things could certainly change this year, but you're simply hoping against the trend.

Do you honestly think that Bama's suddenly going to be running a different system this year? We aren't installing Kiffin's offense. He's there to coach QBs and call plays from Saban's playbook. If Saban doesn't like how Kiffin is calling plays, then Kiffin either makes changes, or he loses the responsibility. You act like we hired Kiffin as Saban's replacement, and that's simply not the case.

I hate Bama. That's all

I hate Alabama as much as anyone but those of you thinking that they are going to have a drop off are deluding yourselves. Saban is still there and runs that team with an iron fist. The offense is not going to change much even with Kiffin. If it ain't broke don't fix it. They still are the most talented team in the SEC by a pretty good margin. They have 4 and 5* guys that any program in the SEC would love to have on their bench. Until Saban leaves they are going to be one of if not the best team in the SEC and in the country. These are just facts we have to deal with.

2. The gators admittedly have a leadership dearth in Gainesville at this point, but they've got some mighty big fella's who'll add some bruises, and do you think Ole Miss, AR, and------just a week before your boys make it up to Knoxville, TAMU are going to be a pushover? They've got some studs who'll keep the bammer first teamers off the bench. Pleeeeeeeeeeze! As I stated: The talent level, particularly in the SECw, has evened up considerably the last couple of years. No way will bammer avoid losing at least two games------maybe more.

BTW: You've left out the Kiff factor. There's one bad apple that'll not only spoil the rest of the barrel; it'll stink up all of Tuscalooser. You're rollin' away tidester! Now. Go away troll.
:bash:

You're embarrassing yourself.......just stop

Reactions: 3 people
look what dobbs did to their 2nd string defense last year. and their offense will be kiffinized. we have a good chance especially with it being at neyland. a mobile QB causes bama alot of problems.

Dobbs' performance against Alabama was highly exaggerated here. Not to mention you should probably look at what he did the rest of the season.

That's not a knock on Dobbs as much as it's a knock on those that were way too easily impressed with what he did against a second string Alabama team that had called off the dogs.

Dobbs' performance against Alabama was highly exaggerated here. Not to mention you should probably look at what he did the rest of the season.

That's not a knock on Dobbs as much as it's a knock on those that were way too easily impressed with what he did against a second string Alabama team that had called off the dogs.

I was impressed with Dobbs the 2nd half vs Bama. You're right about the circumstances. Game was over, some 2nd string players were in there for Bama in the 4th qtr for sure. He stats weren't great although he had a couple well thrown passes dropped.

I was impressed with his poise, with his first pass where he rolled out to the right and threw a well placed back shoulder throw on the run. I and a lot of people saw athletic ability and potential. That's all.

What are you basing this assessment on? I'm not suggesting that Jones isn't a better coach than Muschamp, but how can you say that he's "far better" at this point in time?

Continuity is a good thing. But change does not always equal a step back. UT had the exact same staff that coached a 5-7 season. UF made changes after going 4-8. Is there not logic behind both approaches?

Where did this big play offense come from? The spring game? It is really, really dangerous to rest your hopes (or fears) on what you saw during a scrimmage.

Absolutely not. If I were an oddsmaker, I might be inclined to favor UT since the game is in Knoxville. But there is no way I'm giving Florida a touchdown or more. Not until I see both teams actually play a real game.

Hate agreeing with a bammer butttt....

1. How'd Bama do the last two times we broke in a new QB?"WE?" There's a laugh. What's the number on your jersey, troll?

"Our" opponents? "We" play UT? Same question. Stating UT will be bruised up also and calling it a "wash" isn't pertinent. In fact, that's a given. The discussion was regarding bammer's being bruised up a bit beforehand when playing SECw opponents, and that more evenness within their athletic and coaching talents could equate to another loss or two for the crimson's slide. Nobody said Kiffin was being considered for a coaching upgrade, but obviously you can't recognize the DC's contributions in game preparations. Coordinators make a huge difference. Your stating Saban would adjust the problem is an admission that one could exist. Which, as I stated, most likely will.

It isn't difficult for a die-hard fan of a team that's been winning recently to pump up your little chest and brag about what your hero's have accomplished........even to the point of calling their team "we," but the bottom line is all you're truly accomplishing is annoying the followers of another team on their home site, thus you're just making noise. Maybe when you grow up you'll develop a modicum of respect----------or maybe not. Troll tide.:twocents:

"Our" opponents? "We" play UT? Same question. Stating UT will be bruised up also and calling it a "wash" isn't pertinent. In fact, that's a given. The discussion was regarding bammer's being bruised up a bit beforehand when playing SECw opponents, and that more evenness within their athletic and coaching talents could equate to another loss or two for the crimson's slide. Nobody said Kiffin was being considered for a coaching upgrade, but obviously you can't recognize the DC's contributions in game preparations. Coordinators make a huge difference. Your stating Saban would adjust the problem is an admission that one could exist. Which, as I stated, most likely will.

It isn't difficult for a die-hard fan of a team that's been winning recently to pump up your little chest and brag about what your hero's have accomplished........even to the point of calling their team "we," but the bottom line is all you're truly accomplishing is annoying the followers of another team on their home site, thus you're just making noise. Maybe when you grow up you'll develop a modicum of respect----------or maybe not. Troll tide.:twocents:

Back to this I guess.

Your post makes no sense.

VN Store

Back