Wayne Huizenga may rush sale of Dolphins for fear of Barack Obama raising taxes

OrangeEmpire

The White Debonair
Huizenga aim: Sell at '07 capital-gains tax level -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga said Sunday no date has been set for selling up to 45 percent more of the team to Stephen Ross, but the presidential election is among the issues weighing on his decision.

That's because a Barack Obama administration is expected to mean higher capital-gains taxes.

"He wants to double the capital gains tax, or almost double it," Huizenga said."

Ross purchased 50 percent of the team and Dolphin Stadium for $550 million earlier this year with the intention he would eventually become majority owner. NFL owners approved the eventual transfer this month, meaning it can take place anytime.

Thoughts?

This is why I don't understand how all these famous wealthy people can support Obama.

This is why I don't understand how all these famous wealthy people can support Obama.

Trust me...most do not...the media only holds up the few that do so that they get the man they want in the WH

Trust me...most do not...the media only holds up the few that do so that they get the man they want in the WH

Another clueless post. Trust you??? You voted for W twice with a republican controlled congress. Boy our nation became great during that period....NOT!

Another clueless post. Trust you??? You voted for W twice with a republican controlled congress. Boy our nation became great during that period....NOT!

I see you are in total talking point mode now...that shows great intellegence

if you thought that was bad, if obama gets in the WH, you'll see a lot worse

He has longer to make the sell at the current rates. If anybody bothered to read Obama's platform he is for a partial extension of the current tax cuts.

Damn conservatives, damn W, every thing wrong is because of conservatives. Just damn you all!

Wouldn't the guy with the most stand to lose the most?
not in the least. The guy who has already accumulated the most need not worry about his wealth being taxed. Taxes are on incremental income, but that's not what the class warfare guys like to talk about. They like to make it sound like the Bill Gates' of the world are going to "pay their fair share."

not in the least. The guy who has already accumulated the most need not worry about his wealth being taxed. Taxes are on incremental income, but that's not what the class warfare guys like to talk about. They like to make it sound like the Bill Gates' of the world are going to "pay their fair share."

So the uber-rich don't have incremental income. Is that what you are saying?

So the uber-rich don't have incremental income. Is that what you are saying?
they do, but it's immaterial to them, so if the gov't takes a portion of it, so be it.

The guy with some worth, but knocking down $500K per year and trying to grow his business and build net worth, the increase in tax rate and cap gains increases dramatically impacts him.

The guy with the most to lose to taxes isn't anywhere near Buffet's neck of the woods.

they do, but it's immaterial to them, so if the gov't takes a portion of it, so be it.

The guy with some worth, but knocking down $500K per year and trying to grow his business and build net worth, the increase in tax rate and cap gains increases dramatically impacts him.

The guy with the most to lose to taxes isn't anywhere near Buffet's neck of the woods.

Agreed on above.

A bit dated, but you get the point.

The very rich in America pay taxes at a lower rate than most working people, and, due to a wrinkle in the tax code, private-equity partners enjoy some of the lowest tax rates of all. At a Hillary Clinton fund-raiser in New York last month, Warren Buffett, no stranger to wealth, told an audience filled with bankers and real-estate developers the system was, in effect, rigged. "This is what Congress in its wisdom did: the 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter." Buffett (who is a director of NEWSWEEK's parent, The Washington Post Company) offered a million dollars to any fellow magnate who could prove he had higher tax rates than his secretary.

what's wrong with Monteagle? I graduated from HS from Grundy Co. I wasn't raised up there, but it's a pretty nice place to visit, especially for an amateur photographer like me. Plus Mom still lives there (Tracy City).

what's wrong with Monteagle? I graduated from HS from Grundy Co. I wasn't raised up there, but it's a pretty nice place to visit, especially for an amateur photographer like me. Plus Mom still lives there (Tracy City).

you guys need to think harder...what is the most liberal place on top of that mountain...then all should come into focus about truefan

MG, my mother, all my uncles, and my two oldest brothers graduated Grundy County High. They're all dumbasses too.

(I kid....I kid... :eek:lol:)

Actually, they all did pretty well in life. My oldest brother just bought land up there to bulid him a place. He is moving to a rental house up there this weekend. I guess he figures he can get it all done faster if he's just down the road.

Seriously, I aked my mother if she ever missed the mountain. Her reply, "What's to miss? Fog? Ice? Boredom?" She was born in 1929. Grew up during the Depression, followed immediately by WWII and rationing. That mountain brings back memories of too many hard scrabble times for her.

you guys need to think harder...what is the most liberal place on top of that mountain...then all should come into focus about truefan

The communist training school, Highlander Folk School, is still open? I thought they shut it down years ago. Most notable alumni of the old communist training school. None other than MLK.

MG, my mother, all my uncles, and my two oldest brothers graduated Grundy County High. They're all dumbasses too.

(I kid....I kid... :eek:lol:)

Actually, they all did pretty well in life. My oldest brother just bought land up there to bulid him a place. He is moving to a rental house up there this weekend. I guess he figures he can get it all done faster if he's just down the road.

Seriously, I aked my mother if she ever missed the mountain. Her reply, "What's to miss? Fog? Ice? Boredom?" She was born in 1929. Grew up during the Depression, followed immediately by WWII and rationing. That mountain brings back memories of too many hard scrabble times for her.

The communist training school, Highlander Folk School, is still open? I thought they shut it down years ago. Most notable alumni of the old communist training school. None other than MLK.

OK, now you are over thinking it....the Univ of the South

VN Store

Back