Way too early look at the 2020 schedule

Just need to win out here and finish strong. A bowl game would be great to build momentum and get more practices in for the 2020 season

Reactions: Ty4Vols
I agree with you, Ty, it's a pretty schedule. A fun one. I totally love swapping UGa and Mizzou, so that we're not going into the frozen Midwest in November any more, and to separate the FL and UGa games better. And I love the chance at getting revenge on Oklahoma as well.

Football prowess (for Tennessee) tends to come in tiers. One tier is, can you beat all the lower-half teams, the Vandys and Kentuckys and South Carolinas. The tier above that is, can you break into solid competition with the upper-half teams, the Bamas and Georgias and Floridas.

I think that we have finally broken through the first tier (fingers crossed we win out and prove that right).

So...is next season too soon for us to break through the second tier? Maybe pull a couple of wins out of Oklahoma-Florida-Bama-UGa?

I'd love to think so.

But first, we gotta prove we're through the first tier by winning out in 2019.

Go Vols!

View attachment 235081
Next years schedule is very exciting to me. The early week 2 trip to Norman to face OK will be a great game. I'm a fan of having 1 really high profile out of conference game each year. Doesn't make winning easier but it's like having a Bowl game in week 2.
Also, if you look at the schedule you'll see that our big games are all seperated from one another and we play 1 big game in every 3 game stretch never playing 2 big time opponents in a row.
(Big opponents imo are @OK, UF, BAMA and @UGA)
The rotating SEC West game is @Arkansas.
The Vols will not play 2 consecutive road games in 2020 as well. However due to the season beginning on September 5th there is only 1 BYE week. For the Vols this is Oct 17th directly in the middle of the season and before BAMA so that's nicely placed on the schedule.
I'm not thinking in regards to wins and losses for next years schedule just analyzing it for fun. I like the set up and believe the Vols will be as exciting to watch in 2020 as in any previous year.

Go Vols

We are beating OU.

Reactions: Ty4Vols
Here are my 2020 Tennessee football predictions. I think Tennessee goes 9-3 in 2020 and 6-2 in the SEC.

Charlotte W
@Oklahoma L
Furman W
Florida W
Missouri W
@South Carolina W
Alabama L
@ Arkansas W
Kentucky W
@Georgia L
Troy W
@ Vanderbilt W

Outback Bowl:
Tennessee vs Illinois
Not trying to be a butthole, by what reason could you possibly give to have that marked as a win?...We very well may have a serious playoff contender next year, and we're not losing to Tennessee.

Here are my 2020 Tennessee football predictions. I think Tennessee goes 9-3 in 2020 and 6-2 in the SEC.

Charlotte W
@Oklahoma L
Furman W
Florida W
Missouri W
@South Carolina W
Alabama L
@ Arkansas W
Kentucky W
@Georgia L
Troy W
@ Vanderbilt W

Outback Bowl:
Tennessee vs Illinois

My prediction for next season exactly. Except for the bowl game....who knows.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back