Way too early 2020 Two-deep

Taylor was benched for Burrell and George this season. Another offseason and Burrell will leap him.

Taylor was benched for Burrell and George this season. Another offseason and Burrell will leap him.
Didn't Taylor start down the stretch? From what I saw, he played pretty well during our win streak. I'd like to see some interceptions, but I didn't see many mistakes. I also think he's an exceptional tackler at the position. Odds are he starts.

Last edited:
Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I threw up in my mouth seeing JG on that depth chart. But since he is all world, I’m sure he leaves and gets drafted.
I’m not a huge JG fan but it is the best we got at this point. Way to over react to someone proving a point. No one said he was all world but he is not as bad as people like you want to make him out to be.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I’m not a huge JG fan but it is the best we got at this point. Way to over react to someone proving a point. No one said he was all world but he is not as bad as people like you want to make him out to be.
I don’t think JG is bad at all. When he gets out of his own head he’s actually pretty good. If he were only a sophomore I think people would be more excepting of it but the fact that he’s going into his 5th year I just think most are ready to move on.

Didn't Taylor start down the stretch? From what I saw, he played pretty well during our win streak. I'd like to see some interceptions, but I didn't see many mistakes. I also think he's an exceptional tackler at the position. Odds are he starts.
He's one of the best players on our team I think. He's more likely to have an All-SEC type year than he is to spend it on the bench.

It's going to be an interesting spring for sure. Lots of position up for grabs. QB, RB, WR 2-4, LBs will be interesting.

Yep. He's the NT. Emerson will likely be the backup NT, but could also start at one of the DE positions. We'll have plenty of good options on the DLine.
Very possible but just to note I’m not sure EG has started 1 game yet. Could be wrong but I’m sure he will push for burn immediately

QB Jarrett Guarantano/Brian Maurer
RB Eric Gray/Ty Chandler?
RB Tim Jordan
WR Josh Palmer/Brandon Johnson
WR DeAngelo Gibbs/Jimmy Calloway?
WR Cedric Tillman/Ramel Keyton
WR Jalin Hyatt/Isaiah Montgomery
TE Darnell Washington?/Austin Pope/Jackson Lowe
LT Wanya Morris/Jahmir Johnson
LG Jerome Carvin/Riley Locklear
C Brandon Kennedy?/Jackson Lampley
RG K'Rohjn Calbert/Javontez Spraggins
RT Darnell Wright/Chris Akporoghene

NT Greg Emerson/Kurott Garland
DE Aubrey Solomon/Emmitt Gooden/Latrell Bumphus
DE Darel Middleton/Matt Butler
SAM Kivon Bennett/Jordan Allen
JACK Roman Harrison/DeAndre Johnson
MIKE Quavaris Crouch/Bryson Eason
WILL Henry To'oto'o/Aaron Beasley
CB Bryce Thompson/Warren Burrell
CB Alontae Taylor/Keshawn Lawrence
S Jaylen McCullough/Tyus Fields
S Trevon Flowers/Theo Jackson
STAR Shawn Shamburger/Baylen Buchanan

K Cimaglia
P Doyle

Lose a lot at WR and LB. DL depth is best it's been in years.
Should be enough there to take the next step.
Way to add a recruit who is not even committed to us

Guarantano will be good next year. It will be the first time in his 5-year career that he'll have the same OC from one year to the next. He's been catching on to Chaney's system in the last 5 games and he'll continue to do so over the offseason.
Hear that every year, just like the Vols. Its always next year that its gonna be his year! Its never going to pan out.

Reactions: Jpcisco
Hear that every year, just like the Vols. Its always next year that its gonna be his year! Its never going to pan out.

You hear every year that next year will be the first he's under the same OC 2 years in a row? Because if you're hearing that every year, you're hearing lies. It'll be true for the first time next year.

Taylor is raw, and was thrust into the starting spot too early because we didn’t have anyone else. He has as much potential as any DB on the roster once he gets more comfortable.

You hear every year that next year will be the first he's under the same OC 2 years in a row? Because if you're hearing that every year, you're hearing lies. It'll be true for the first time next year.
That he will be good...use your noggin when reading.

VN Store

Back