Watch THIS...

I remember during DB's recruitment, there were some naysayers in his recruitment thread. Something along the lines of "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane." Not verbatim, but that was the general idea. Boy were they wrong. The kid was a warrior. We need a team full of guys like Jennings and Bituli.

I remember during DB's recruitment, there were some naysayers in his recruitment thread. Something along the lines of "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane." Not verbatim, but that was the general idea. Boy were they wrong. The kid was a warrior. We need a team full of guys like Jennings and Bituli.
I think those comments were the truth tellers who were talking about Bates...less like Bill...MORE like Denise Conrad...

I think those comments were the truth tellers who were talking about Bates...less like Bill...MORE like Denise Conrad...

Possible... I seem to remember an "insider" saying he was rated too high and not very good. Played bad competition, that sort of stuff. Too lazy to go dredge it all up.

Regardless, Butuli was a fantastic Vol. I hope he finds a good spot in the pros. Not sure if his coverage is good enough at that level.

Mr. Bituli Thank You for being a true VFL. I wish you all the success in the world moving forward.
Make us as proud of you in the NFL as you have on the Hill.

VFL..GBO

Reactions: TAF
Wow, this young man is the type of player that we need more of. He played smart and played his heart out.

I'll never forget when a couple of my friends told me about how great this youngster out of Nashville was playing football. I'm very familiar with the Nashville and Middle Tennessee high school football scene so I asked which hs he attended, they replied Nashville Christian, a little single A private school. I told them no way, typical big fish in a little pond setting but they went to the mat for this youngster back then so I did as well. Since arriving on campus he never let them or what I thought he could be down in our assessments of him. He is in that upper tier of VFLs IMO.

I’m so going to miss DB. And to think Shoop didn’t want to put this kid on the field. Glad Shoop left and Bituli stayed.

Reactions: TAF and onevol74
Some of these guys impress me to no end with their maturity and thoughtfulness during interviews. Bituli is a stud, and seems like a great person.

Reactions: livefaith and TAF
It is sad that some of these incredible players like Bituli and JJ did not get to play for a full career under Pruitt and had to, instead, play under the incompetence of Butch Jones.

Bituli is a winner. I hope that he and JJ will go down as the leaders that started Tennessee back on the road to the top.

He was as important to this season as anybody on the team. Love this dude. Hope he makes millions.

I have loved watching this guy be like a more mobile AJ Johnson, just has a nose for the ball and wraps up and finishes tackles. His presence will be missed, but I’m excited to see who steps up in 2020. I hope he has a long career in the league.

VN Store

Back